MO - Blue Springs Soccer Coach Charged with Sodomy & Child Molestation

CHICANA

Reaction score
To quote my boss "I hate everybody."

That is how this case makes me feel.

So tired. Feels as if there are more of them than us some days. This is one of them.

That's the second KC-area soccer coach to be arrested on molestation charges in the last couple of days:

Grain Valley teacher accused of molesting students (Kansas City Star)

I don't know why I'm surprised. This happens everywhere, but I still didn't expect it to happen here. Grain Valley is only 15-20 minutes from Blue Springs. I'm confused by the charges though, the articles just say they were touched inappropriately and he put his hand down one girl's pants.
Casenet shows---

Description:

Statutory Sodomy - 1st Degree - Deviate Sexual Intercourse With A Person Less Than 14 Yrs Old { Felony Unclassified RSMo: 566.062 }

Next Charge/Judgment

Child Molestation - 1st Degree { Felony B RSMo: 566.067 }

Date: 10/04/2011
Assault 3rd Degree - Pursuant To Subdivisions (3), (5) { Misdemeanor C RSMo: 565.070 }

10/04/2011

Arresting Agency:

BLUE SPRINGS PD

Child Molestation - 1st Degree { Felony B RSMo: 566.067 }

Date: 10/04/2011

Look at the statute for the most serious charge 566.062, how could he be charged with that ?
http://www.senate.mo.gov/06info/pdf-bill/intro/sb570.pdf

God, these are so scary to read about. At first I was thinking why in the heck would the child be sleeping at his house, but then saw it was a sleepover with his daughter...I'm so glad these kids spoke up and told. Who knows how many other victims are out there.

My son is getting to the age where he is asking to have sleepovers at his friends' houses and I keep saying no. I can't let go of the control I have over his environment right now. There's so many intangibles - the other kids' parents, older siblings, or whatever. No way.

This guy was also really active in my son's Scout Troop. I'm not quite as upset that my son decided to drop Scouts now.

Richard G. Burroughs, 44, of 2126 S.W. Park Ave., was charged Friday with two counts of first-degree child molestation, first-degree sodomy and third-degree assault, according to Blue Springs police.

http://www.examiner.net/news/x842388257/Blue-Springs-youth-coach-charged-with-molesting-children

Is your son old enough to talk to him about this? I'd be curious what he has to say. So scary as a parent to have it hit home so closely.

Wonder why he had an attorney already on retainer?

Wonder why he had an attorney already on retainer?

I don't know but he lives in one of the more upscale neighborhoods in our town. Blue Springs is pretty small but heavily populated. I grew up here but only moved back when my youngest 2 started school. The school district is highly rated and I thought they would be in a better environment. It's all about the kids here. Unfortunately it makes a parent more trusting of those with ulterior motives.

Thank goodness these children felt safe telling someone. I noticed in the 1st link that the girls told a school counselor and in the 2nd link they told their parents. This is a good sign that the parents and school are encouraging the children to speak out.

The daughter of the soccer coach who told her friend she was dreaming - bless her heart.

Thank goodness these children felt safe telling someone. I noticed in the 1st link that the girls told a school counselor and in the 2nd link they told their parents. This is a good sign that the parents and school are encouraging the children to speak out.

The daughter of the soccer coach who told her friend she was dreaming - bless her heart.

I hope his daughter wasn't a victim. I read that Burroughs also told LE the girl must have been dreaming.

Chicana--Did we ever figure out who the guy was who was arrested in Blue Springs for running the "hub of child *advertiser censored*"? That case has always haunted me. So much mystery around that arrest.

Chicana--Did we ever figure out who the guy was who was arrested in Blue Springs for running the "hub of child *advertiser censored*"? That case has always haunted me. So much mystery around that arrest.

No we didn't !! I forgot all about that. I should call and talk to the chief. My son said Burroughs daughter hasn't been back to school.

I've checked for info on that case for ages and not found a single thing. It's as if it dropped off the radar.

There was video at the time of the arrest and an acknowledgement that a local LEO talked to parents about the guy. There are a handful of Topix comments. What happened? Hmmmm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back