Found Deceased PA - James Amabile, 38, Folsom, 4 Dec 2003 *found in 2022*

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

James was last seen leaving his home in Folsom, Pennsylvania between 5:00 and 5:15 pm. He was going to pick up his daughter from her babysitter's house, but he never arrived. His car, a hunter green 2002 Ford Explorer with Pennsylvania plates FLA-4785, disappeared with him and has not been found. His wife believes his diabetes may have played a role in his disappearance.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/amabile_james.html

NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/762/0/

Bumping...

Being local to this missing person, I had heard about it when James when missing in 2003, but it wasn't until I watched this the other night that I heard a few tidbits like he may have been involved in selling prescription narcotics and that his best friend named Dennis, the last person who saw him, wouldn't talk.

Missing person, Have you seen Jimmy Amabile? - YouTube

I always find it very strange when someone's vehicle goes missing along with the person. The area he disappeared from is a very heavily traveled area, and around that time of day would have been very busy. Which leads me to believe it wasn't some random act of crime, or something like a carjacking.

Bumping

I was living in that area when he went missing and I remember the initial coverage of the case. I was working in pharmacy at the time and he was one of our customers...we were all hoping for a quick resolution because he was diabetic and we knew he wouldn't be able to survive long without insulin. It's hard to believe they never found any trace of him or his truck.

It's odd, there was an article in the Philadelphia Inquirer right after he disappeared and it says he had an insulin pump implanted in him, which is what I remember him having. But Namus doesn't mention it. I have a bunch of notes on his case because I wrote a book about unsolved missing person cases in Pennsylvania and was originally going to include his but decided against it at the last minute. I just pulled out some of my notes and the first article that mentioned the insulin pump was on Thursday, December 11, 2003..."Police continue search for diabetic, missing one week" by Marc Schogol. If the article is right, Namus should probably update that because that device could really help ID him.

It's odd, there was an article in the Philadelphia Inquirer right after he disappeared and it says he had an insulin pump implanted in him, which is what I remember him having. But Namus doesn't mention it. I have a bunch of notes on his case because I wrote a book about unsolved missing person cases in Pennsylvania and was originally going to include his but decided against it at the last minute. I just pulled out some of my notes and the first article that mentioned the insulin pump was on Thursday, December 11, 2003..."Police continue search for diabetic, missing one week" by Marc Schogol. If the article is right, Namus should probably update that because that device could really help ID him.

They should. An ‘insulin pump’ is a cannula inserted under the skin, with external tubing and pump, isn’t it? So he would have one(or more) small abdominal scar(s). Would it noticeable enough to be recovered if James’ remains were/are found incinerated/immersed in water/skeletonized? Did he also have a Continuous Glucose Monitor?

Congratulations on your book!

They should. An ‘insulin pump’ is a cannula inserted under the skin, with external tubing and pump, isn’t it? So he would have one(or more) small abdominal scar(s). Would it noticeable enough to be recovered if James’ remains were/are found incinerated/immersed in water/skeletonized? Did he also have a Continuous Glucose Monitor?

Congratulations on your book!

Thanks!
He would definitely have marks where the catheter was inserted, and I believe you're supposed to change the needle on the infusion set a couple of times a week. If he was found submerged in water, the pump would probably be long gone. If he got buried somewhere it would still be with the body, at least the plastic parts of it. Most of the pumps are hooked up to a monitor so it can give extra insulin if the person's sugar drops.

If I remember correctly, when police interviewed his wife, she said James would only have enough insulin in the pump to last a couple of days. She thought maybe his sugar got too low and he got disoriented. I guess it's possible he went off the road and into water somewhere, but that would mean he was pretty far off course from where he should have been if he was just driving to the babysitter's to pick up the kids.

Thanks!
He would definitely have marks where the catheter was inserted, and I believe you're supposed to change the needle on the infusion set a couple of times a week. If he was found submerged in water, the pump would probably be long gone. If he got buried somewhere it would still be with the body, at least the plastic parts of it. Most of the pumps are hooked up to a monitor so it can give extra insulin if the person's sugar drops.

If I remember correctly, when police interviewed his wife, she said James would only have enough insulin in the pump to last a couple of days. She thought maybe his sugar got too low and he got disoriented. I guess it's possible he went off the road and into water somewhere, but that would mean he was pretty far off course from where he should have been if he was just driving to the babysitter's to pick up the kids.

Or he was the victim of foul play. There are other decedents on The Lost & The Found who may be potential matches. I’ll do a more thorough search tomorrow. Late here in Oz :eek:fftobed:

If you don’t find any potential matches for James/Jimmy/Jim with PA UID persons, I’d be inclined to those from other Mid-Atlantic states, particularly NJ. Folsom and Woodlyn are not far from the PA/NJ border (as you’d already know):

attachment.php

Source: https://goo.gl/maps/weRf26rsEfE2

I can’t tell you the number of potential matches for mispers that I’ve found for UID persons in neighbouring states, or even neighbouring counties.

If you don’t find any potential matches for James/Jimmy/Jim with PA UID persons, I’d be inclined to those from other Mid-Atlantic states, particularly NJ. Folsom and Woodlyn are not far from the PA/NJ border (as you’d already know):

attachment.php

Source: https://goo.gl/maps/weRf26rsEfE2

I can’t tell you the number of potential matches for mispers that I’ve found for UID persons in neighbouring states, or even neighbouring counties.

Plus, I-95 runs right through there, giving easy access to pretty much anywhere on the east coast. It goes from Maine to Florida and it passes right through Delco near Woodlyn. If he was disoriented and ended up on that highway there's no telling how far he could have gotten.

Plus, I-95 runs right through there, giving easy access to pretty much anywhere on the east coast. It goes from Maine to Florida and it passes right through Delco near Woodlyn. If he was disoriented and ended up on that highway there's no telling how far he could have gotten.

That’s true. I suspect James/Jimmy/Jim didn’t get very far.

James is my husband’s uncle.

James is my husband’s uncle.
My condolences to your husband, it must be hard to not know where his uncle is.
I check periodically for updates on this case but it doesn't look like there's been any movement on it for years.

When someone randomly disappears with their vehicle, I always check if there was a body of water nearby.

The Delaware River was only five minutes away from James' destination. He could've had an accident, perhaps triggered by his hypoglycemia?

I also read somewhere some suspicions of foul play but I won't go into that, as it relates to family members.

When someone randomly disappears with their vehicle, I always check if there was a body of water nearby.

The Delaware River was only five minutes away from James' destination. He could've had an accident, perhaps triggered by his hypoglycemia?

I also read somewhere some suspicions of foul play but I won't go into that, as it relates to family members.

I think the foul play theory is likely correct, but it doesn't look like there was much of an investigation conducted. I do recall reading that there were suspicions about family members, but I can't remember the source.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sneetchysneetches
Back