1159 users online (216 members and 943 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

AL - Opelika, 'Juvenile Jane Doe' BlkFem UP9834, 4-7, in woods, abused, Jan'12

Police were called out at 10:47 a.m. to the 1700 Block of Hurst Street near Brook Haven Trailer Park.

Investigators believe the skull belongs to a child around 5 to 7 years of age. The race and gender are unknown.

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/1662338...und-in-opelika
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 06-16-2012 at 04:24 AM.

This sweet little girl went missing under suspicious circumstances a couple of hours away from where the skull was located.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...shykemmia.html

(Just for the record, researching children's remains is really tough).

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    I agree. More often than not, a murdered child is murdered by a parent/guardian, and frequently in these situations, the child is never reported missing.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post

This sweet little girl went missing under suspicious circumstances a couple of hours away from where the skull was located.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...shykemmia.html

What a beautiful child.....and what a tragedy that she is missing.

I spent many carefree years as a young child in Opelika.We lived there until I was about 7 or 8. Back in those years it was just like Mayberry, and it's hard to imagine anyone there murdering a child....but I know it happens everywhere.

These cases where children are murdered by their parents or caregivers are just the worst.

Child's partial skull found

Another article about child's skull found in Opelika.

The partial skull of a 5- to 7-year-old child was found Saturday near a home at Brook Haven Trailer Park, Opelika, Ala., police said.
    Authorites were called about 10:47 a.m. CST to an area in the 1700 block of Hurst Street after a resident found what was thought to be a human skull, police said.
    “It does appear to be that of a 5- to 7-year-old child,” said Lee County Coroner Bill Harris. The sex and age of the child are unknown.
    Police sealed off the area after arriving on the scene, but no other remains were located. Harris said the skull may have been brought to the area by a dog or other animals.
    Officials have very few leads on the identity of the skull. “Right now we don’t have anything to go on other than we don’t even have a full skull,” Harris said. “It is a partial skull. We are missing the lower jawbone.”
    To search for more remains, Harris said authorities will bring in cadaver dogs.
    Police have no report of a missing child to look for clues in the identity. “We’ve got nobody missing,” the coroner said.
    The investigation continues by the police department and the Lee County Coroner‘s Office. Police did not return phone calls seeking comment on the skull.
    Anyone with information on the skull should call Opelika Police Department Investigative Services Division at 334-705-5220, Opelika Communications at 334-705-5263 or the Secret Witness Hotline at 334-745-8665.

Read more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2012/...#storylink=cpy
    My prayers are with Phylicia, Kyron and
    all children who are missing!

I sent the tip into Opelika since the coroner said they have no leads at all. It's a 2 hour drive, across state lines, 14 years ago....

I always think of Haleigh Cummings when skeletal remains are found this close to Florida.
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

The hair was still on this Skull? That's more recent? Up to a few years?

More of the article at the link.

http://www.wtvm.com/story/16624517/o...ll-in-backyard

Johnson says the skull was not in her yard Friday.

"It was a little person's skull. It was little and had little hair on it," says Johnson "I'm not sure where I was standing, but it had teeth."
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EllaMae View Post
    What a beautiful child.....and what a tragedy that she is missing.

I spent many carefree years as a young child in Opelika.We lived there until I was about 7 or 8. Back in those years it was just like Mayberry, and it's hard to imagine anyone there murdering a child....but I know it happens everywhere.

These cases where children are murdered by their parents or caregivers are just the worst.
    this is the problem..when they convict someone of a crime like this if they dealt with them in the proper manner they could end this forever..i will explain when they find the one that killed this beautiful child they should soak him in chicken guts and drop him in the middle of the ocean..then hes got the same odds of survival as this poor child had..when it comes to a skum of the earth hurting children i have no heart and no ends at the awful things i could do to a slime like this...on TV hd every channel ..i couldnt change what happened here but i bet i could make it lite on the next scab that was thinking about hurting a chilD!!! PS i sold tomatoes to 2 grocery stores in opelika and the hosp. there..sure did look like a peaceful little town..i was there 2 days a week for years passing thru, auburn, weedowee west pt georgia chambers county
    Last edited by smoknn; 01-30-2012 at 02:46 AM. Reason: MORE

Did they not have flash flooding in this area in the last 14 days? If so it may have unearthed a shallow grave.
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

AL - Police find child's skull in backyard

OPELIKA, AL (WTVM) - The remains of what authorities are calling a child of about 5 to 7 years in age were found in an Opelika trailer park.

"It was a little person's skull. It was little and had little hair on it," says Johnson "I'm not sure where I was standing, but it had teeth."

http://www.kltv.com/story/16629495/o...ll-in-backyard

Looked on the missing forum, I didn't see anything....not much else I can find either.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    OPELIKA, AL (WTVM) - The remains of what authorities are calling a child of about 5 to 7 years in age were found in an Opelika trailer park.

http://www.kltv.com/story/16629495/o...ll-in-backyard

Looked on the missing forum, I didn't see anything....not much else I can find either.
    Oh my gosh.
    I can not imagine finding a child's skull.

I hope they figure out who this is soon.

RIP little one.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    hurst st., opelika, al - Google Maps

From what I can tell, this is the 1700 block of Hurst.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-28-2015 at 10:50 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

More remains found in Opelika trailer park

Two days after the remains of an apparent child were found in an Opelika trailer park, investigators uncovered even more on Monday morning.

more at link .................... http://www2.oanow.com/news/2012/jan/...rk-ar-3137155/

More remains found in Opelika trailer park

http://www2.oanow.com/news/2012/jan/...rk-ar-3137155/

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast