750 users online (63 members and 687 guests)  

Websleuths News

Upstate NY

KS - Student finds $400 of cocaine in used, Amazon-ordered textbook

Crazy old world.

Student finds $400 worth of cocaine in used textbook ordered on Amazon

A university student received an unexpected - and unwanted - surprise when she ordered a used terrorism textbook online - $400 worth of cocaine.

Sophia Stockton, a junior at Mid-America Nazarene University in Kansas, ordered Terrorism: Challenges, Perspectives and Issues on Amazon for her Spring semester.
    Fearing the substance was anthrax, the student took the bag to the local police station on Tuesday.
    Well, at least it wasn't anthrax:
    'I told them white powder was in my terrorism textbook and so I put it on the table and they're like 'oh, okay,' and so he went back and tested,' Miss Stockton told WPTV.

'He comes back and says 'you didn't happen to order some cocaine with your textbook, did you?' And I was like, ‘no!’'
    more, with pictures, at Daily Mail link above

So, what happened to this "find"? Did LE put it in the evidence locker? Is it still there? Did they arrest the poor girl who received it? Did they investigate the original owner of the book? Inquiring minds/mine want to know.

Can you imagine?

Somebody out there is looking for their drugs. "Hello, Amazon I failed my class and need my textbook back".

Errrrm I ain't the brightest bulb, but if I thought I had flippin anthrax in a book I'd call the cops to my house not bring it to them.

Gardner police destroyed the cocaine and said there will not be an investigation.