Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NM - Robert Romero, 7, Santa Fe, 7 June 2000

NM - Robert Romero, 7, Santa Fe, 7 June 2000

I remember reading all the stories about this case when this little boy went missing. It's very sad. This is the first time though that I've heard that one of his brothers may be a suspect. I'll look for more stories in addition to the one posted below.

http://www.abqjournal.com/north/2579...3-04.htm?tease

"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler".

Albert Einstein

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”.

Mahatma Gandhi

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Useful Post:

Photos and stats here:
    http://www.nampn.doenetwork.us/cases/romero_robert.html

http://www.thenewmexicochannel.com/news/6070197/detail.html

Five Years Later, Investigators Seek Evidence In Missing Boy Case

SANTA FE, N.M. -- Investigators look for evidence in case of missing Santa Fe boy

The FBI and Santa Fe police have spent days searching an area near Santa Fe's solid waste transfer station, looking for evidence in the case of a boy who vanished from his Santa Fe neighborhood more than five years ago.

Santa Fe Police Chief Beverly Lennen said a forensic backhoe, run by an FBI-trained operator, was brought in Thursday and continued work until noon Friday.

She said it's tough to end the week without results, but she said investigators will not be discouraged.

Robbie Romero was 7 years old when he disappeared on June 7, 2000.

A grand jury is scheduled to investigate the case Jan. 26.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PonderingThings For This Useful Post:

http://www.kobtv.com/index.cfm?viewe...t=NMTOPSTORIES

It seems that one of Robbie's brothers is a person of interest. It also appears that police want to talk to a man who isn't a person of interest or a suspect. That man is John David Martinez - photo is at link.

Mom doesn't know whats going on as she says the police aren't telling her anything.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PonderingThings For This Useful Post:

I know the cops were looking for a gray-haired man on a bicycle who was seen in the neighborhood the day Robbie disappeared. Maybe they think Martinez was that man.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to meggilyweggily For This Useful Post:

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Robert Marcos Romero

North American Missing Persons Network

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: June 7, 2000 from Sante Fe, New Mexico
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: April 10, 1993
    Height: 3'9"-4'10"
    Weight: 45-50 lbs.
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Brown
    Race: White/Hispanic
    <li>Distinguishing Characteristics: Facial freckles. He got
    a buzz haircut shortly before his disappearance. All photos
    depict him before the haircut. <li>Clothing: White t-shirt, blue jeans, and black and white
    tennis shoes. AKA: "Robbie"
    NCIC Number: M-710801219
    Case Number: NCMC887928

Details of Disappearance
    Romero has been missing since June 7, 2000 from Santa Fe, New Mexico. He was last seen walking to a friend's home in the 2900 Bellemah drive area of Santa Fe. Authorities are looking for a man who was in Robert's neighborhood the week of his disappearance. The man was riding a bicycle and had long, gray-tinged hair. Police believe he may be a witness.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Mother: Indictment of Robbie's brother sought
    Dec. 20, 2005

Evelyn Romero said Saturday that a police detective told her a day earlier that prosecutors were seeking the indictment of her older son, Ronnie Romero, 27, in the 2000 disappearance of her 7-year-old son, Robbie.

Evelyn Romero also said she has been subpoenaed to testify next month in a grand jury investigation into Robbie's disappearance. In addition, she also said the state has ordered other relatives to keep custody of her two younger children, 5 and 17 years old.

Evidence search continues
    Jan 12, 2006

New details about previously known information in the Robbie Romero disappearance are what pointed Santa Fe police to the city’s solid-waste transfer station in search of evidence, Chief Beverly Lennen said.

City detectives, as well as members of the FBI and New Mexico State Police, spent a second day Wednesday searching the area surrounding the transfer station, Lennen said, and planned to return today to continue the search.

Also, a short blurb in my local paper today (cannot find an on-line link) states that the Santa Fe Grand Jury has begun investingating the case. Police believe that Robbie is dead despite not having found his body.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Very interesting:

"A young man claiming to be Robbie Romero — the 7-year-old boy who disappeared from his Bellamah neighborhood in 2000 — spoke to Santa Fe Police Department officers Wednesday night at an undisclosed location in Santa Fe."

More at link:

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Loc...-Robbie-Romero

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sayd For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sayd View Post
    Very interesting:

"A young man claiming to be Robbie Romero — the 7-year-old boy who disappeared from his Bellamah neighborhood in 2000 — spoke to Santa Fe Police Department officers Wednesday night at an undisclosed location in Santa Fe."

More at link:

There is a GREAT timeline to the side of this article at this link. VERY, very interesting! Time will tell - DNA will tell !!
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

I live a few miles from where Robbie went missing and have followed the case since then. I was shocked to read this new information but don't really believe the teen is Robbie Romero. And if he isn't, I can't imagine what would have possessed him to say that he was.

Robbie was only 7 when he disappeared from the sub-division. There's no logical reason for him to have run away, and stayed away for this long.

According to the New Mexican, "The teen met with officers who had received a phone call from a confidential source informing them of his whereabouts, according to police spokesman Lt. Louis Carlos. The young man did not know ahead of time that police would be at the location." I can only think that the teen was using Robbie's name- maybe because he was trying to hide his real identity. A third party tipped off police .

Several years ago, while dealing with an issue in the neighborhood, I casually asked about the case. I said, "You guys (LE) think that Ronnie (the older brother) is responsible, don't you?". The senior officer nodded knowingly. I then said that I knew he couldn't talk about it.

Most people believe it might have been an accidental death with drugs involved. Speculation is that either Ronnie or his girlfriend were under the influence when they accidentally hit Robbie with their car. Since they didn't want to get tested, they just got rid of the body.

What's mystifying is how cruel this would be to Robbie's parents. I'm sure they would rather have known if their son was either alive or dead. But drugs addicts are selfish that way. Ronnie would have been only looking out for himself if this is what happened. Since then Ronnie has died while in jail, but I'm sure there are others who know the truth.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cracka*Jaxx For This Useful Post:

I pretty much agree with you Cracka*jaxx; I guess DNA will tell.

The link I posted doesn't seem to be working. I'll try again:

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sayd For This Useful Post:

Wow, this story is getting interesting. The boy said he lived in Utah and then came back to Santa Fe.

Here is a link side by side of the 18 year old and Robbie. The boy and his mother both think it might be true. Any websleuths experts who want to compare the pictures? Or know how to actually post the pictures here?

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/santa-f...be-missing-boy

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sayd For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by sayd View Post
    Wow, this story is getting interesting. The boy said he lived in Utah and then came back to Santa Fe.

Here is a link side by side of the 18 year old and Robbie. The boy and his mother both think it might be true. Any websleuths experts who want to compare the pictures? Or know how to actually post the pictures here?

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/santa-f...be-missing-boy
    I think it is... Wow. The ears, the eyes, the nose, the eyebrows.

http://media2.krqe.com//photo/2011/0...22_640_480.JPG
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Comment from the krqe website:

<modsnip>

The photos do look similar. I don't know what to think. I'm sure the police know much more than what is being reported and I hope we find out soon what's going on here. How wouldn't someone remember anything about life as an 8 year old? Or where they were from? That just doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Salem; 09-16-2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: We can't cut and paste comments - just identify them and provide a link please.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cracka*Jaxx For This Useful Post:

Robbie Romero: Teen Claims to be Missing Santa Fe Boy

Police said that the man they spoke with Wednesday told them certain details that were significant before deciding he didn't want to talk anymore and walking away.

Carlos said that police do have some identification documents that match the man they spoke with, though Carlos would not say if those documents identify him as Robbie Romero

http://abcnews.go.com/US/robbie-rome...ry?id=14530762
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

It would really be something if this turns out to be Robbie. His brother has died and his father has died.

I can't imagine what this mother is going through waiting for the DNA results.

My prayers are with them both.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka*Jaxx View Post
    Comment from the krqe website:

<modsnip>

The photos do look similar. I don't know what to think. I'm sure the police know much more than what is being reported and I hope we find out soon what's going on here. How wouldn't someone remember anything about life as an 8 year old? Or where they were from? That just doesn't make sense.
    bold and big by me... it gets even more interesting!

It could be a misunderstanding.
    Robert Terrezas was talking to his friend Ricky Romero, brother of Robbie Romero, the young Santa Fe boy who disappeared in 2000.
    Terrezas, 19, told Ricky he goes by the name Robert Romero and has a hard time remembering his childhood.
    Ricky told his mother Evelyn.
    She called the Santa Fe Police.
    Terrezas was born in Mexico, his mother Yolanda Armendariz said.
    “This is my son, this is my son,” Armendariz said. “Friends call my son Robert Romero because they have the same face.”
    She said the family moved to Santa Fe from Utah years ago, and her son has never been missing.
    more at link

-----------------------

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44541254.../#.TnM_i3P42Xw
    Last edited by Salem; 09-16-2011 at 03:28 PM.
    This bee my opinion

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Evelyn said. “I always had it in my heart that if Robbie ever came home he would not be a sound person, he would have a lot of issues and this person has a lot of issues for unknown reasons.”

(Quote from the reference above.)

This guy has issues???

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Trino For This Useful Post:

I see some similarities but I don't think it's a match. While the mom who raised him says she doesn't have a birth certificate, she must certainly have some photos of him prior to age 7?

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jwpmoyer View Post
    I see some similarities but I don't think it's a match. While the mom who raised him says she doesn't have a birth certificate, she must certainly have some photos of him prior to age 7?
    Good point!! Wonder if LE asked for any pics?

40. The Following User Says Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Robbie Romero's mother thinks this person looks a lot like her son.

Romero said those friends brought the teen to her house. When she saw him at the door, Romero said, "I just stared at him." She added that she thought he looked like her son.

Romero said the young man had the same mannerisms and skinny build and skinny face, and he “still” had the big ears.

http://www.kasa.com/dpps/news/santa-...ng-boy_3942920
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Police confirmed they are testing DNA of Robbie Terrezas, but his mother, Yolanda Armendariz, says there is no way her son is Robbie Romero. She provided photographs to News 13 but did not have any baby pictures of her son saying those photos were in Mexico.

(snip)

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/m...-robbie-romero

44. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to daisy7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post
    Evelyn said. “I always had it in my heart that if Robbie ever came home he would not be a sound person, he would have a lot of issues and this person has a lot of issues for unknown reasons.”

(Quote from the reference above.)

This guy has issues???
    That is a very interesting quote Trino.
    The whole story leaves a lot of question at this point. Is this boy just some disturbed youth or are those "issues" because of something that happened in his past? What could he possibly gain from claiming to be the missing boy?

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClaireNC For This Useful Post:

This is so strange. We all have memories from when we are 8 years old. We would know if we were taken from our home. A lot of Questions.

The girl saying it is not Robbie. She knew him in the 8th grade. Did she know him before he was 7 years old? If not, her statement is meaningless. imo

I wonder if Yolanda Armendariz has any other children and if so were they born in Mexico.

I guess the DNA will tell the truth.........

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieC View Post
    This is so strange. We all have memories from when we are 8 years old. We would know if we were taken from our home. A lot of Questions.

The girl saying it is not Robbie. She knew him in the 8th grade. Did she know him before he was 7 years old? If not, her statement is meaningless. imo

I wonder if Yolanda Armendariz has any other children and if so were they born in Mexico.

I guess the DNA will tell the truth.........
    I agree, I don't see the significance of her statement either. Her saying that it's not him because he has a different name and she knew him in 8th grade means nothing. If he had been abducted, he almost certainly would be going by a different name.

The pictures looking remarkably similar in my opinion. Praying that Robbie's mom gets some answers.

50. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pdxmama For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast