Identified! SC - Orangeburg, BlkMale, 17-21, at vacant house, Jan'12 - John Spells

Younger than I expected but that clothing style definitely indicates a young person. Also he was most likely killed in cooler weather. The writing "Cash Rules Everything Around Me" would imply a questionable lifestyle IMO.

http://www2.counton2.com/news/2012/...formation-remains-found-orangebur-ar-3187832/
Ravenell explains "We believe this individual is between 17 and 21 years-old and was between 5'7" and 5'9". He was wearing what we believe is a distinctive jacket, black sweat pants, basketball shorts that were worn under the sweat pants, and camel Timberland boots.
remain-found-shorts-2012

remains-found-jacket-2012

Article says remains were found near "5 Chop Road". Looking at the map, "5 Chop Rd" is also Hwy 301 which runs between I-26 & I-95 with exits on both. This guy could be from anywhere!

"5 Chop Road" is the red line:

picture.php

He has been identified!

Sheriff: Remains found in Orangeburg identified after three years

Orangeburg County Sheriff Leroy Ravenell said Wednesday, May 20 that decomposed remains found at a Five Chop Road is those of 19-year-old John Anthony Samuel Spells.

In August, 2013 a facial reconstruction completed by the State Law Enforcement Division was released to the media.

A relative of the victim came forth at that time inquiring about a missing person. DNA testing came back this week as a match on the Lowcountry relative.

Spells is believed to have been living at a Triangle Road in Orangeburg residence prior to his disappearance. He had not been reported missing.

Investigators are still trying to determine a cause of death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back