1255 users online (207 members and 1048 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA - Cayce Vice, 21, Augusta, & Cpl. Sandy Rogers, 49, Aiken, SC, 28 Jan 2012

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read...popular_viewed

AIKEN, S.C. (AP) ó A man accused of killing his girlfriend in Georgia and then gunning down a police officer in South Carolina had been dealing with mental problems before the slayings, the man's father said.

Police in South Carolina said Joshua Tremaine Jones, 26, faces charges of murder and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime in the death of Aiken police Master Cpl. Sandra Rogers. He is expected to appear in court in Aiken on Monday, according to Magistrate Judge Tracey Carroll.
    ------

In neighboring Georgia, The Augusta Chronicle reported Jones also faces murder charges in the death of his girlfriend, 21-year-old Cayce Vice. Police found her body in her apartment Saturday morning after she didn't show up for work at a Five Guys restaurant. She had been shot in the head.

Richmond County sheriff's Capt. Scott Peebles told the newspaper (bit.ly/yO5JS7) that the agency had obtained warrants for Jones for murder and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Peebles confirmed that Vice had filed a complaint against Jones for assault earlier this month.

More at link....

I have a couple of friends that worked with Ms. Rogers and they, as well as the whole community down there, are taking this very hard. This is the 2nd Aiken officer to be cut down in the line of duty, in just barely over a month.
    Last edited by Elphaba; 01-30-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    I have a couple of friends that worked with Ms. Rogers and they, as well as the whole community down there, are taking this very hard. This is the 2nd Aiken officer to be cut down in the line of duty, in just barely over a month.

Right, I think there was a thread on this but here is the information on the other officer killed and both were traffic stops:

The Aiken public safety department issued a statement Saturday evening praising Rogers as "an invaluable street cop who exemplified the model of a Public Safety Officer," according to WLTX-TV in Columbia, S.C.

Last month, hundreds of people gathered to mourn another Aiken police officer killed in the line of duty. Officer Scotty Richardson, 33, died in the early hours of Dec. 21 after being shot in the head during a traffic stop at an apartment complex the night before. Aiken is a city of 30,000 thatís located about 20 miles northwest of Augusta.

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/s2473230.shtml?cat=300

Video of the shooter in court, today... not sure if he is putting on an act or what. :|

RAW VIDEO from Joshua Jones' bond hearing - YouTube
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 05-15-2015 at 11:44 PM. Reason: broken link

Man Murders Girlfriend and then Law Enforcement Officer - Bizarre Hearing Video

This is an evolving case in the community I live in. Joshua Jones is accused of having murdered his girlfriend sometime late Friday night, or early Saturday morning. Cayce Vice strated dating Joshua Jones on October 31, 2011. At the time of her death on January 28th, she was 5 weeks pregnant with his child, and he had beaten her up badly a few weeks before. Here is a link to a story about Caycee:
    http://www.wrdw.com/crimeteam12/head...138259759.html

After killing Cayce at their apartment in Augusta, GA, Joshua Jones went across the Savannah River into Aiken, SC where a report of a suspicious vehicle was called into Aiken Public Safety early Saturday morning. Officer Master Cpl. Sandra Rogers, a 28 year veteran of the agency responded to the call. Joshua Jones shot and killed Officer Sandra Rogers and then fled to a cousins house where he was latter arrested. The video of his hearing is one of the strangest things I have ever watched. He has a permenant "snarl" on his face where his teeth are constantly barred. His head appears to have some sort of tremor, and he curses during the arraignment. Is it an act? Does he have some sort of neurological illness? This is a tragic case where many lives were ruined in a less than 24-hour period. I am curious what you guys have to say about this video.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/latest-...remains-jailed

Wow. A troubled, and troubling, individual.

It is indeed a troubling case. Long ago, I think this guy would have easily been classified as "posessed". His own father on local news said he thought the actions were "satanic". I would really love to see the results or an MRI, and other lab results. A copper level, for instance - Wilson's Disease has some strange neurological symptoms. I am the last one to excuse criminal behavior for "psychiatric" illness - it is easy to fake. Sometimes, however..... there IS something just 'wrong' in an individual, and the mug shot of this guy, as well as the strange video just seems pathological to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    It is indeed a troubling case. Long ago, I think this guy would have easily been classified as "posessed". His own father on local news said he thought the actions were "satanic". I would really love to see the results or an MRI, and other lab results. A copper level, for instance - Wilson's Disease has some strange neurological symptoms. I am the last one to excuse criminal behavior for "psychiatric" illness - it is easy to fake. Sometimes, however..... there IS something just 'wrong' in an individual, and the mug shot of this guy, as well as the strange video just seems pathological to me.
    I agree. That was one of the more troubling videos I've ever seen. Not an expert, but it was clear to me he wasn't faking anything. I half-expected him to lurch over the partition toward the judge at some point, and was unconsciously judging the officer on his left's ability to grab him as he did so. I was somewhat surprised he was able to initial the papers at one point, and provide his address in writing. If he were faking it, I'd think he would have faked an inability to do that, too.

Such a strange video, and a horrible tragedy for the family of his girlfriend, the officer, and HIS family! Should I PM a mod about having my thread merged with this one? I live within a few miles of where all of this happened, and it is just really sad.
    Last edited by fran; 01-31-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Truly, one of the strangest, most disturbing video's of a suspect in any hearing I have ever seen. Shudder!!!

I truly believe this man is disturbed in some way. It's scary how much he reminds me of my sister. Scary and sad. JMOO
    Bless the beasts and the children
    For in this world they have no voice,
    They have no choice.

Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
    كلي

I really hope they had him assessed prior to the hearing because what I saw was very troubling - his clenched jaw and his struggle to speak - like it took every ounce of effort to force a few words out

I'll be interested to learn what any medical professionals here think ...

I wonder if it could be results from misuse of drugs. Or could it be a medical condition from not taking certain drugs. Or he could really be going nuts realizing what he has done. Or he could be a really good actor and knowing he is in big trouble trying to have the courts declare him nuts.

Jaw clenching ( grimacing) and his tics could be explained by dystonia/tardive dyskinesia which some patients develop in response to some antipsychotic meds such as haloperidol, respiradol etc. Am not a shrink so don't know if rapid withdrawal of these meds could precipitate these reactions. But, I think alot of his behavior is explained by drug reactions.

It is interesting to me that his hand he signs the legal documents with seems free from stress, but his face remains tense. I have watched this video over and over, and I still can not decide if it is real or an act. My gut feling says it is real, but I was born skeptical.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast