"Weird goo": blue marble mystery rains over UK garden

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Another in a centuries'-old series of odd things falling from the sky:

Blue marble mystery rains over Dorset garden (Guardian)
---
"They were almost impossible to pick up, they were very jelly-like. I had to get a spoon and flick them into a jam jar. They had an exterior shell with a soft inside. They only landed in our garden in an area of a couple of hundred square metres.

"It is the most peculiar thing I have ever seen – there must be about 20 complete spheres. They don't smell and they don't float. I've been an aircraft engineer for many years and I've never seen anything like it."
---
the story at the link above

Here's the tabloid take, with pictures:

The day it rained blue balls of jelly! Homeowner stunned as hailstorm showers his garden with weird goo (Daily Mail)

Too bad they're not diamonds. A few landing on my tree would be nice.

Then I can tell my kids that money really does grow on trees....

:crazy:

they actually look pretty, like diamonds. but i sure wouldn't touch them with my skin until i knew what exactly they were!

Have scientists finally solved the mystery of the blue balls of Bournemouth? (Daily Mail)
The mysterious blue balls which 'rained' down on a Dorset garden were merely a common substance found in nappies, scientists have claimed.
---
Although it is still not known how the substance made its way into Mr Hornsby's garden in Bournemouth, Pegg added 'Perhaps someone was having a clear-out and chucked them over the fence.
---
One possible explanation for the dozen small spheres, which are 3cm in diameter, being found in the garden however, is that the heavy rain turned effectively invisible dry crystals into the gel-like blue balls.
---
more at DM link above

And from Dorset to the desert - in Arizona where, exactly a year later, a purple version of the "weird goo"/spheres has appeared:

Thousands of Mysterious Purple Spheres Discovered in the Desert (whofortedblog.com)
When a photographer and her husband trekked into the desert for a routine shoot, they didn’t expect to stumble onto an odd scene that left them scratching their heads: thousands of mysterious, gelatinous, purple orbs scattered in a circle in the middle of nowhere.
---
Littered on the desert dirt were thousands of weird, purple orbs. They appeared to be gelatinous, filled with some kind of liquid, almost resembling frog eggs. Only supplementing the strangeness of the spheres were their location – the middle of the desert.
---
While the debate about exactly what these weird globs are, it’s worth mentioning the strange coincidence that on the exact date just last year, some very similar looking objects fell from the sky in Dorset, England. Those odd little orbs were a blue color, and fell in a “flash storm” that lasted about 20 seconds. Could there be a connection?
---
much more, with pictures, at the link above

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail