MI - Kathleene Schattilly for torture and child abuse charges, 2012

longtallcold

What happened to Nancy Jenkins?
Reaction score
Website
www.websleuths.com
http://www.wnem.com/story/16642408/woman-arraigned-on-torture-child-abuse-charges

The Frankenmuth Police Department, along with Saginaw County Child Protective Services, removed two children from the Frankenmuth Township home on Reimer Road.

Investigators said the children were removed after a visit to the home provided investigators with enough information to initially substantiate the removal of two minor children and further probe the matter.

Well, maybe finally someone did their job before they ended up "missing" by strangers in the middle of the night.

Does anyone else find it kind of odd that no information is being released on why this woman was arrested? I think it is strange. I don't think I've seen that before. I have no idea whether the woman is innocent or guilty, but would like to see some information released so we can get a feel for what this case is about. I don't understand the complete news black-out. Unless it was really horrifying and they don't want people out on her porch with stakes.

I read the daughter's statement at NMK's link and she says everything was fine. That may or may not be true. It could be the mother posting as the daughter. I just find it curious that they won't release the reason for the arrest.

This case is fairly close to where we live and we go to Frankenmuth often. Its a popular tourist town without much crime. I'll like to know exactly what it is that this woman is charged with doing. I noticed that her other 3 children were removed from the home and then returned to her. She can't be too dangerous if they returned 3 children to her home. It appears that the charges are based on the word of 2 foster/adopted children who already had some serious emotional problems from previous abuse or neglect. Before believing that this woman did what she is charged with doing, I'd have to hear more details and see some proof. The children may have lied, especially if they were angry at her and/or didn't want to follow her rules. Its possible that this mother is the victim and not the children. And its also possible that she did abuse the children but I'm reserving judgement until I know all the details.

2014:

Kathleene Schattilly was arrested back in January of 2012, accused of abusing two of her foster children at her Frankenmuth Township home...

More than two years later, just before the trial was about to start, the Saginaw County prosecutor's office dropped the charges.

http://www.wnem.com/story/24907123/child-abuse-charges-dropped-against-saginaw-co-woman

2015 lawsuit (dismissed):

Schattilly is a female resident of Saginaw County, Michigan who, at the time this action was commenced, had six children. Two of those children, AF3 and Bailey, are the primary subjects of the current dispute. Schattilly claims that Defendants unconstitutionally attempted to remove AF and Bailey from her custody.

https://casetext.com/case/schattilly-v-daugharty-1

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back