1067 users online (219 members and 848 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK - Stuart Gilson, 21, Hull, 28 January 2012

Family fears the worst for missing Hull man Stuart Gilson (thisishullandeastriding.co.uk)
    THE family of a man who disappeared after a night out fear he could have fallen into the River Hull.

Stuart Gilson, 21, was last seen at the Vodka Revolution bar in Lowgate at about 10.30pm on Saturday night.

The painter and decorator failed to return to the house he shares with his mother and stepfather.
    ---
    His family say Stuart often walked home after a night out in town, and fear "something bad" has happened to him because it is so out of character for him not to be in touch.

His mum Gillian said: "I just want him to come home.

"He's just a wonderful lad, he loves me to bits and we love him."
    ---
    His description:
    Missing Hull man Stuart Gilson is described as white, 5ft 7ins, of medium build with short dark brown hair.

He was last seen wearing a grey 'Luke'-branded polo shirt with a lion emblem, jeans and black shoes. He was carrying a wallet with a built-in bottle-opener with the words 'beer tokens' written on it.
    ---
    more, with pictures, at link above
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 03-12-2012 at 06:50 AM.

This is where I live. Everyone is doing a brilliant job searching for him. All pulled together and are doing everything in their power to find him.

Let's hope he is found safe and well x

Quote Originally Posted by amandaj View Post
    This is where I live. Everyone is doing a brilliant job searching for him. All pulled together and are doing everything in their power to find him.

Hoping and praying he will be found safe. The fact that he was drunk even before he got to the party is concerning.

Hello and welcome to WS, amandaj.

Hi wfgdot, thanks for the welcome. I think this is the very first post I've made here. Browse occasionally but never post.

Hi wfgdot, thanks for the welcome. I think this is the very first post I've made here. Browse occasionally but never post.
    This story especially caught my eye as I've been re-reading Philip Larkin lately - professional life spent mainly in Hull at the university.

The thing that caught my attention is that this is terribly similar to 'Alex Spence' . I think it was a couple months back now, but he was missing for 12 days and later found in the river (hull?) I just hope it's not the same outcome

Yes, River Hull. Here's an Alex Spence article:

Body of missing Alexander Spence found in River Hull (BBC)

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    woofy and amandaj, did you all see this article? they have cctv footage of him crossing a bridge of some sort:

Officers searching for the 21-year-old have released a CCTV image showing Stuart walking on to the bridge, away from the city centre at 10.17pm on Saturday.
    http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...ail/story.html

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    another snip:

There is no CCTV footage of Stuart exiting the east side of the bridge.

Police believe instead of walking off the bridge, Stuart went down the stairs at the other side of the bridge and walked along the side of the Rank Hovis building, next to the River Hull.

It is possible Stuart was making his way home on a route he often used to his home in Greatfield.

Thanks, nbm, hadn't seen that. I've been derelict in my googling duties today.

There have been some interesting sightings of Stuart the night he went missing. It seems like he didn't go into the pub Revolution but went to another pub instead.

The last sighting has him walking by himself, drunk and unstable on his feet at 12:45am. It also seems rather cold to just wear a polo shirt. I hope he crashed at a friends place but I would think he showed up by now if that is the case.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...ail/story.html

There is also this what I found this morning. http://www.thisishullandeastriding.c...ail/story.html

Police say the footage shows Stuart walking in a “positive manner”, not stumbling, despite being drunk.
    I know it doesn't count for much, but I guess it's a good thing that he could walk?

thisishullandeastriding.co.uk's most recent update:

Stuart Gilson: Police divers' search after CCTV released of missing Hull man at Drypool Bridge
    POLICE divers will continue to search the River Hull and into the Humber Estuary today for missing Stuart Gilson.

Officers from the marine section were due to meet at 8am to conduct a search of the river.

Officers on foot are concentrating their search efforts near to Drypool Bridge, where Stuart was last seen on CCTV.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Thanks. The article also states that police have ruled out the sightings at the Wawne Ferry pub. So there have been no sightings of him after he was last seen on CCTV near that river, and it seems that they now concentrate on the scenario where he fell in the water

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast