1178 users online (227 members and 951 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KY - Louisville, HispMale UP7293, 30-40, murdered, living photo, Dec'09

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7293

Note: I'm having computer issues, so this is the best cut/paste job I could do. But I happened to catch "The First 48" and this case was on it. Rarely do we get such an in-depth look into the initial investigation of an UID.

Here is the link to the A&E page for the show where you can click the link to watch this episode, "John Doe/Night of the Dead":

http://community.aetv.com/service/di...65891&d=564911

NamUs UP # 7293

ME/C Case Number: ME-09-1257
    Jefferson County, Kentucky
    30 to 40 year old White Hispanic/Latino Male

Case Information
    Status Unidentified
    Case number ME-09-1257
    Date found December 03, 2009 12:26
    Date created June 18, 2010 11:29
    Date last modified September 23, 2011 11:03
    Date QA reviewed June 19, 2010 07:24

Exclusions
    The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

Amos Mortier 1977 Wisconsin
    Robert Vernier 1969 Louisiana

Demographics
    Estimated age Adult - Pre 40
    Minimum age 30 years
    Maximum age 40 years
    Race White
    Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
    Sex Male
    Weight (pounds) 131, Measured
    Height (inches) 64, Measured

Notes on body parts recovered
    Recognizable face
    Probable year of death 2009 to 2009
    Estimated postmortem interval 24 Hours

Any thoughts as to who this could be??
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-13-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Ugh, sorry. That link isn't working any longer, apparently. However, here is the link to the episode on Amazon-on-demand:

Amazon.com: The First 48: Season 11, Episode 1 "John Doe / Night of the Dead"
    Last edited by KateB; 04-12-2015 at 09:40 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

This is so strange to me. The pic was taken from his cell phone and they can't track the cell back to the company? It must have been a throw away, right?

I'm thinking so, Kimster. I'm hoping someone from the Louisville area will hop on here at some point and give us some perspective on the area where he was killed. The only thing I think of when I think of this area is "Kentucky Derby." I looked at Churchill Downs and it doesn't look like December is a busy time there for visitors. It's suprising to me that nobody has recognized him.

I'm from Louisville. What area is it? Sorry, haven't watched the videos. If it's around Churchill Downs it's not the best area of town.
    IMO

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7293 I looked at this link from above and found an address listed. Let me go look it up and I'll be back....
    IMO

I googled the address and looked at a photo of the apt building. Not in a good area. He was found in an apt? My guess is, he was here illegally and the death was over drugs.
    IMO

If I remember correctly a carload of kids picked him randomly to rob and kill

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post
    If I remember correctly a carload of kids picked him randomly to rob and kill
    It would not surprise me, in that area.
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Hawk View Post
    I googled the address and looked at a photo of the apt building. Not in a good area. He was found in an apt? My guess is, he was here illegally and the death was over drugs.
    sorry, quoting myself. I wanted to explain why this was my guess. It would not be unusual for drug dealers to be in this part of town. (Actually they are in all parts of town.) And I thought maybe noone had reported him missing because if he was an illegal they may be afraid to draw attention to themselves. It was just my initial thought after glancing over this page.
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Hawk View Post
    sorry, quoting myself. I wanted to explain why this was my guess. It would not be unusual for drug dealers to be in this part of town. (Actually they are in all parts of town.) And I thought maybe noone had reported him missing because if he was an illegal they may be afraid to draw attention to themselves. It was just my initial thought after glancing over this page.
    I appreciate you jumping in here. Is there a sizeable Latino population in Louisville? Sounds like from what you said earlier this isn't maybe an area where a tourist would be hanging out. Wonder if he could have been visiting a friend in the area? Maybe he is from Cincinnati or somewhere close enough to visit, but far enough not to hear about this case in the news?

From my point of view, yes there is a sizable Latino population in the area. I'm not sure how large it would be compared to bigger cities. But Louisville has plenty and so do surrounding counties. This is definetly not an area a tourist would be in. I'm sure there are good hardworking people in the area also, but not a place I would just be looking around. Maybe he was visiting friends or with other people who were in an apt? I need to watch the video. I will go watch and come back with any other thoughts.
    IMO

ok, couldn't get the link to the video to work. I googled the address again and in looking at the map i wouldn't say this is in the worst part of town ever. But it's definetly not the best by a long shot.

A couple of things I noticed while looking at the map is that it is very close to a large interstate (both I65 and I264) and right on the other side of the interstate is the airport.

Did someone see a carload of kids pick him up? Did they catch them? Sorry, I can't access the video. You would think someone somewhere would be missing him. I can't imagine anyone coming through Louisville and stopping off in that area for any length of time unless they were meeting someone at their home/restaurant etc.
    IMO

Yes, they caught the kids they thought did it....I think at the end of the show they ran a title that said they were awaiting trial, so who knows if they were convicted.

this article has a lot of good info!
    http://www.whas11.com/news/crimetrac...-89650252.html

Snipped: On December 3rd, 2009, police found a man shot, several times, inside his Preston Oaks Apartment near Preston Highway.

A few days later, four people were arrested.

Three men, Jonathan Downs, Keith Fowler and Cedrick Johnson were all charged with murder.

Wednesday, 14-year-old Devon Renee Peterson was indicted and charged as an adult with complicity to murder.

While prosecutors won't say what they think her role in the murder was, they believe the motive was robbery.

Police found a picture of the victim on his cell phone but the name on his cell phone account turned out to be a fake.

So was the name on his bank account.

Police hope someone recognized the picture, it’s their best chance for finding out who he is.

20 days after he was killed, he was laid to rest students from St. Xavier serving as pallbearers, a community saying good-bye to a man without knowing his name.

Police say it is unusual to be unable to identify a victim for this long but add, they still aren't giving up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast