KY KY - Louisville, HispMale 30-40, UP7293, murdered, living photo, scars, clothes, Dec'09

Irish_Eyes

Reaction score

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7293

Note: I'm having computer issues, so this is the best cut/paste job I could do. But I happened to catch "The First 48" and this case was on it. Rarely do we get such an in-depth look into the initial investigation of an UID.

Here is the link to the A&E page for the show where you can click the link to watch this episode, "John Doe/Night of the Dead":

http://community.aetv.com/service/displayDiscussionThreads.kickAction?as=119137&w=265891&d=564911

NamUs UP # 7293

ME/C Case Number: ME-09-1257
Jefferson County, Kentucky
30 to 40 year old White Hispanic/Latino Male

Case Information
Status Unidentified
Case number ME-09-1257
Date found December 03, 2009 12:26
Date created June 18, 2010 11:29
Date last modified September 23, 2011 11:03
Date QA reviewed June 19, 2010 07:24

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

Amos Mortier 1977 Wisconsin
Robert Vernier 1969 Louisiana

Demographics
Estimated age Adult - Pre 40
Minimum age 30 years
Maximum age 40 years
Race White
Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) 131, Measured
Height (inches) 64, Measured

Notes on body parts recovered
Recognizable face
Probable year of death 2009 to 2009
Estimated postmortem interval 24 Hours

Any thoughts as to who this could be??

This is so strange to me. The pic was taken from his cell phone and they can't track the cell back to the company? It must have been a throw away, right?

I'm thinking so, Kimster. I'm hoping someone from the Louisville area will hop on here at some point and give us some perspective on the area where he was killed. The only thing I think of when I think of this area is "Kentucky Derby." I looked at Churchill Downs and it doesn't look like December is a busy time there for visitors. It's suprising to me that nobody has recognized him.

I'm from Louisville. What area is it? Sorry, haven't watched the videos. If it's around Churchill Downs it's not the best area of town.

I googled the address and looked at a photo of the apt building. Not in a good area. He was found in an apt? My guess is, he was here illegally and the death was over drugs.

If I remember correctly a carload of kids picked him randomly to rob and kill

I googled the address and looked at a photo of the apt building. Not in a good area. He was found in an apt? My guess is, he was here illegally and the death was over drugs.

sorry, quoting myself. I wanted to explain why this was my guess. It would not be unusual for drug dealers to be in this part of town. (Actually they are in all parts of town.) And I thought maybe noone had reported him missing because if he was an illegal they may be afraid to draw attention to themselves. It was just my initial thought after glancing over this page.

sorry, quoting myself. I wanted to explain why this was my guess. It would not be unusual for drug dealers to be in this part of town. (Actually they are in all parts of town.) And I thought maybe noone had reported him missing because if he was an illegal they may be afraid to draw attention to themselves. It was just my initial thought after glancing over this page.

I appreciate you jumping in here. Is there a sizeable Latino population in Louisville? Sounds like from what you said earlier this isn't maybe an area where a tourist would be hanging out. Wonder if he could have been visiting a friend in the area? Maybe he is from Cincinnati or somewhere close enough to visit, but far enough not to hear about this case in the news?

From my point of view, yes there is a sizable Latino population in the area. I'm not sure how large it would be compared to bigger cities. But Louisville has plenty and so do surrounding counties. This is definetly not an area a tourist would be in. I'm sure there are good hardworking people in the area also, but not a place I would just be looking around. Maybe he was visiting friends or with other people who were in an apt? I need to watch the video. I will go watch and come back with any other thoughts.

ok, couldn't get the link to the video to work. I googled the address again and in looking at the map i wouldn't say this is in the worst part of town ever. But it's definetly not the best by a long shot.

A couple of things I noticed while looking at the map is that it is very close to a large interstate (both I65 and I264) and right on the other side of the interstate is the airport.

Did someone see a carload of kids pick him up? Did they catch them? Sorry, I can't access the video. You would think someone somewhere would be missing him. I can't imagine anyone coming through Louisville and stopping off in that area for any length of time unless they were meeting someone at their home/restaurant etc.

Yes, they caught the kids they thought did it....I think at the end of the show they ran a title that said they were awaiting trial, so who knows if they were convicted.

this article has a lot of good info!
http://www.whas11.com/news/crimetra...harged-with-mystery-mans-murder-89650252.html

Snipped: On December 3rd, 2009, police found a man shot, several times, inside his Preston Oaks Apartment near Preston Highway.

A few days later, four people were arrested.

Three men, Jonathan Downs, Keith Fowler and Cedrick Johnson were all charged with murder.

Wednesday, 14-year-old Devon Renee Peterson was indicted and charged as an adult with complicity to murder.

While prosecutors won't say what they think her role in the murder was, they believe the motive was robbery.

Police found a picture of the victim on his cell phone but the name on his cell phone account turned out to be a fake.

So was the name on his bank account.

Police hope someone recognized the picture, it’s their best chance for finding out who he is.

20 days after he was killed, he was laid to rest students from St. Xavier serving as pallbearers, a community saying good-bye to a man without knowing his name.

Police say it is unusual to be unable to identify a victim for this long but add, they still aren't giving up.

From December 2014:

http://www.wdrb.com/story/27540635/five-years-after-louisville-murder-victim-still-not-identified

Keith Fowler, Cedric Johnson, Ashley Marshall, Jonathan Downs and Devan Peterson have since been charged and convicted for the murder.

"They targeted him for a robbery and he resisted and they killed him," Wescott told WDRB...

Detective Wescott says they've gone to extreme lengths to try to identify the victim.

"We reached out to homeland security and to immigration to see if they could help us out through fingerprints or identification, criminal histories, anything. Nothing."

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP7293
Male, White/Caucasian, Hispanic/Latino
up72930.jpg up7293.jpg

Date Body Found:
December 3, 2009
Location Found: Louisville, Kentucky
Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 40;
30-40
Estimated PMI: 24 Hours
Measured Height: 5' 4"
Measured Weight: 131 lbs
Hair Color: Black; 2" wavy
Eye Color: Brown

Scars/marks: Multiple linear scars in various orientations on lumbar back

Clothing: Gray Izod long-sleeved jacket, orange with white stripes short-sleeved Izod polo shirt, blue "Ice Pole" jeans, blue bikini briefs, red/black socks (clothing in custody of Louisville Metro Police), black Air Jordan athletic shoes

Circumstances of Recovery: Found down by police and EMS when called to the scene of a report of shots fired. Found in an apartment

2 Missing Person Exclusions
MP296 Amos Mortier 11/08/2004 Dane WI
MP8743 Robert Vernier 08/28/2007 Beauregard LA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member