PA PA - Fort Indiantown Gap, WhtFem 12-20, 609UFPA, extensive dental work, covered w/ plastic, Oct'73

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 609UFPA
609UFPA
609UFPA.jpg
609UFPA1.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on October 10, 1973 in Fort Indiantown Gap Military Reservation, Pennsylvania
Estimated Date of Death: September 1973
Decomposed from the waist up.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 16-20 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"-5'8"
Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown/blonde hair.
Dentals: Available
Clothing: Nude. No jewelry
Skeletal Findings: No previous fractures.
Fingerprints: Available
Dentals: Available
DNA: Not Available

Case History
Remains were not buried but covered with tree branches, brush and a 48"x32.5" piece of plastic.
A white seal on the plastic read "National Sanitation Foundation, Testing Laboratory, Number "8505".

<MOD NOTE: Several original links throughout the thread were broken and have been edited to include the current link (when available) and images as of January 16, 2024>

Last edited by a moderator:
For the longest time, I've been trying to find info on Barbara Jean Aleksivich (Maiden Name Jones) from Bath NY. All that has been out there is the NamUs no photo casefile with no indication of the circumstances of her disappearance.

I contacted Investigator Heather Wheaton of the Village of Bath PD. She sent me a photo of Barbara Jean Aleksivich.

2306816910045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
609UFPA.jpg

She also gave me a brief summary of the circumstances of her disappearance. She was last seen taking a two-block walk home from the local Elks lodge. She was never seen again. There is a local man who was convicted of another murder in which he burned the body of the victim. He has served his sentence on that crime, and is still living in the area. They suspect that he might have been involved in Barbara Jean's disappearance, but they have not been able to come up with enough evidence to charge him with her dissapearance/murder.

Looking at the UID's from that time period, this Jane Doe seems to fit reasonably close - enough so that I think it warrants a look.

&#8226; The Jane Doe was found only seven days after Barbara&#8217;s disappearance.
&#8226; Her height (5&#8217;6&#8221; &#8211; 5&#8217;8&#8221;) is consistent to Barbara&#8217;s height.
&#8226; Her estimated age (16-20) is a little low, but not excessively so.
The drawing is of poor quality, so I wouldn&#8217;t put too much reliance on the comparison to her photo, but like the drawing, Barbara appears to have a prominent nose and strong chin.

ETA: Submitted by e-mail to Investigator Wheaton

I would love to know where the guy who did time on the other murder lived, I am assuming Bath NY. This area where the UID was located is pretty much a straight shot down Hwy 15 just 3 and a half hours away. Looking at the map, seems as though there would be a million places to dump a body closer to Bath NY, but I can't ever seem to figure these killers out. Probably a good thing! Please let us know what happens!

Sandra Hopler fits pretty well.

Age (18) fits in the 16 - 20 age range
Race (Caucasian) matches
Height is within 3 inches
Hair (long, light brown) matches the UID's
Timing lines up very well. Sandra went missing on September 29, which is 11 days before the UID's discovery. UID's postmortem interval was one week
Distance (114 miles) is reasonable

Her dentals aren't in NamUs, so no automatic comparison could be made.

A girl named Helen Allison, missing since May 1972, was just added to NamUs yesterday. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I was able to find a thread her sister started on a people-finding forum three years ago, and a PA state trooper actually responded in December of last year because Helen matches the description of a UID found in 1973. He didn't really elaborate past that, but I'm 99.999% sure he's talking about this one (609UFPA).

- Her age (16) would be within range
- Race (Caucasian) matches
- Height (5'3) is within 3 inches
- Her hair (long, light brown/strawberry blonde) matches the description
- Distance between Fairfax, VA and Lebanon, PA is only 154 miles
- Timing (Almost 1 1/2 years between date LKA and the UID's date of discovery) doesn't rule her out, since there's no indication that Helen was killed soon after she disappeared.

The circumstances are pretty vague; all I know is that she disappeared after being dropped off at a Jack in the Box and that her case was apparently classified as a runaway. Based on that info only, there isn't really anything to rule her out.

The state trooper posted a little over three months ago and I don't know if Helen's dentals or DNA have been compared to this UID yet. She isn't on the rule-out list in NamUs, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back