939 users online (212 members and 727 guests)  

Websleuths News

San Diego

Pediatricians' Group Recommends HPV Vaccine for Boys

Pediatricians' Group Recommends HPV Vaccine for Boys
    WEDNESDAY, Feb. 1

The American Academy of Pediatrics is recommending that all boys between the ages of 11 and 12 receive the three-dose vaccine for the human papillomavirus (HPV)...

(article continues)

If you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough.

New England
    Glad to see this recommendation. This will now ensure that gay/bi men are protected with each other, and also gets to the problem of men transmitting to women/girls who may not have been vaccinated.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

I'm glad. I often have parents of male teens express concern about why the vaccine is only being recommended to females. Now I'll be able to say, "It's not!" Now if only there were a test for HPV status--men really freak out when they hear that there is no test for them. Condoms, condoms, condoms people!

Penn's woods
    My boys are vaccinated. My youngest finished his series last december. I did that to protect them because there is a small risk for their own health from the virus. (cancer of the penis, anus and back of the throat).

But, I did it for their future significant others as well.