GUILTY FL - Scott Wilson, 23, killed by drunk driver, Wellington, 12 Feb 2010

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
(The John Goodman mentioned in these articles is NOT the actor. He's a totally different person.)

This is too weird; http://www.gossipextra.com/2012/02/01/john-goodman-adopted-daughter-incest-1190/

John Goodman Adoption Shocker: Is it Incest?
Posted by Jose Lambiet on Feb 1, 2012

...When Goodman is having sex with girlfriend-turned-daughter Heather Hutchins, is that incest?

“Goodman sleeping with that woman is not illegal,” said criminal defense attorney and former prosecutor Paula Russell. “It’s just extremely creepy.”...

wacko.gif

He was also involved in an accident that killed a young man recently; http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/car-driven-by-international-polo-founder-kills-23-230789.html

Car driven by International Polo founder kills 23-year-old in Wellington crash; alcohol suspected
By Mitra Malek and Jason Schultz
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Updated: 12:18 p.m. Friday, Jan. 14, 2011
Posted: 5:27 a.m. Friday, Feb. 12, 2010

WELLINGTON — One was a Texas multimillionaire, credited with helping make Wellington's polo season a magnet for the global elite.

The other was a young engineer, recently graduated from college and driving home for his sister's birthday.

Their lives crossed tragically early Friday, when authorities say John Goodman, founder and owner of the International Polo Club Palm Beach, ran a stop sign in his black Bentley convertible at 1:05 a.m. and slammed into a Hyundai Sonata driven by Scott Patrick Wilson, 23.

The Hyundai landed upside-down in a canal and was submerged by the time deputies arrived, Palm Beach County sheriff's spokeswoman Teri Barbera said. Wilson was found dead inside.

Goodman, 46, suffered minor injuries.

Deputies reported that alcohol or drugs may have played a role....

That is just all kinds of wierd.

Rich people are strange.

That is just all kinds of wierd.

Rich people are strange.

According to one of the articles it may have been done to shield some of his assets from the family of the dead kid in case he loses the civil suit.

It's not incest due to it not being a blood relation and she's a consenting adult, otherwise Woody allen would've been charged.

This happened in my hometown and I went to high school with Scott. There are not enough words to describe how much of a wonderful man Scott was. He always smiling, very bright in both academics and athletics, had great jokes, and very close family and great group of guy friends. I can still recall sitting in class and having him help me because I was completely lost, he is defintley a very bright star above now.

I wanted to make everyone aware of the accident and the fact that his cause of death was drowning and not injuries from the accident. Before he called 911he fled the scene and called friends and lawyers. ---

Lisa Rab
Flowers mark the site of the crash where Scott Wilson died.
​John Goodman, the multimillionaire owner of the International Polo Club Palm Beach, was so drunk the night of a fatal car crash this February that he "fell down for no apparent reason,"* according to a lawsuit filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court today.

Goodman also fled the scene and made phone calls to friends and lawyers before contacting law enforcement authorities, the suit alleges.

Around 1 a.m. on February 12, Goodman's Bentley blew through a stop sign and collided with a Hyundai driven by 23-year-old Scott Patrick Wilson, according to the initial Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office accident report. The force of the crash, at
the intersection of Lake Worth Road and 120th Avenue South in Wellington, sent Wilson's car into a nearby drainage ditch, where he drowned.

Today's suit was filed by attorneys representing Wilson's parents, Lili and William Wilson. No criminal charges have been filed against Goodman, and the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is still working on its investigation, according to spokesperson Teri Barbera.

Roy Black, the Miami attorney representing Goodman, could not immediately be reached for comment. A voice message at his law office said the office was closed today due to events in downtown Miami.

On the night of February 11, Goodman was drinking and partying with friends at the Player's Club, a popular bar in Wellington. According to the lawsuit, Goodman was "habitually addicted" to alcohol, and* "upon information and belief... had also been using controlled substances" that night.

It's unclear where this allegation comes from, since no toxicology reports have been released by investigators. But in a Houston divorce filing in 2009, Goodman's ex-wife alleged that he had a history of abusing cocaine.

During the polo season, insiders say the Player's Club is known as a partying mecca, where it's not unheard of for patrons to pass out in the parking lot. But Goodman usually had a driver with him. It's unclear why he was driving himself that night.
Tags:
John Goodman, polo, Wellington

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2010/04/suit_polo_owner_was_falling_do.php

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...wellington-crash-dui-manslaughter-crash-scene

http://www.page2live.com/2010/03/08...man-crash-investigated-for-missing-dying-man/

A 46 year old man adopting a 42 year old woman????????????? That's really bizarre! :crazy: Adopting adults does happen.
http://www.adopting.org/adoptions/adopting-an-adult-how-to-adopt-an-adult-person.html

Inheritance. This is the most common reason for adult adoption, creating a parent-child relationship that will be legally recognized so that the adopted person can inherit from the adoptive parent(s).
Formalizing a parent-child relationship. When a previous stepparent-stepchild, foster parent-foster child, or informal parent-child relationship existed, the adult parties may want to formalize the relationship through adoption.
Perpetual Care. If the person to be adopted is of diminished capacity or abilities, adoption may provide a means of assuring him/her of lifetime care under family insurance, as a legal family member, or through inheritance.

I can see the third one being the most common and understandable.

This happened in my hometown and I went to high school with Scott. There are not enough words to describe how much of a wonderful man Scott was. He always smiling, very bright in both academics and athletics, had great jokes, and very close family and great group of guy friends. I can still recall sitting in class and having him help me because I was completely lost, he is defintley a very bright star above now.

I wanted to make everyone aware of the accident and the fact that his cause of death was drowning and not injuries from the accident. Before he called 911he fled the scene and called friends and lawyers. ---

Lisa Rab
​John Goodman, the multimillionaire owner of the International Polo Club Palm Beach, was so drunk the night of a fatal car crash this February that he "fell down for no apparent reason,"* according to a lawsuit filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court today.

Goodman also fled the scene and made phone calls to friends and lawyers before contacting law enforcement authorities, the suit alleges.

Around 1 a.m. on February 12, Goodman's Bentley blew through a stop sign and collided with a Hyundai driven by 23-year-old Scott Patrick Wilson, according to the initial Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office accident report. The force of the crash, at
the intersection of Lake Worth Road and 120th Avenue South in Wellington, sent Wilson's car into a nearby drainage ditch, where he drowned.

Today's suit was filed by attorneys representing Wilson's parents, Lili and William Wilson. No criminal charges have been filed against Goodman, and the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is still working on its investigation, according to spokesperson Teri Barbera.

Roy Black, the Miami attorney representing Goodman, could not immediately be reached for comment. A voice message at his law office said the office was closed today due to events in downtown Miami.

On the night of February 11, Goodman was drinking and partying with friends at the Player's Club, a popular bar in Wellington. According to the lawsuit, Goodman was "habitually addicted" to alcohol, and* "upon information and belief... had also been using controlled substances" that night.

It's unclear where this allegation comes from, since no toxicology reports have been released by investigators. But in a Houston divorce filing in 2009, Goodman's ex-wife alleged that he had a history of abusing cocaine.

During the polo season, insiders say the Player's Club is known as a partying mecca, where it's not unheard of for patrons to pass out in the parking lot. But Goodman usually had a driver with him. It's unclear why he was driving himself that night.
Tags:

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2010/04/suit_polo_owner_was_falling_do.php

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...wellington-crash-dui-manslaughter-crash-scene

http://www.page2live.com/2010/03/08...man-crash-investigated-for-missing-dying-man/

Oh wow so if Goodman had called for help he probably wouldn't have drowned. He would have at least had a chance. I read about this adoption earlier today and though what a scum he was you have reenforced that opinion.

It's not incest due to it not being a blood relation and she's a consenting adult, otherwise Woody allen would've been charged.

(bbm)
Where's that little vomiting cartoon/animated guy when you need him?

Lisa Rab

Tags:

Thanks for the info. I also noticed you're new so :welcome:

I think Camille was dead on with the "scum" thing. JMO

Thanks! I've been lingering for a while but had to chime in on this one : )

Oh wow so if Goodman had called for help he probably wouldn't have drowned. He would have at least had a chance. I read about this adoption earlier today and though what a scum he was you have reenforced that opinion.

Quite possibly. The Wilson's demand justice and we should Feel disgraced as a society if we once again let $$ buy injustice

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

This trial is fascinating... live stream on WPTV. com, and WPTV is updating on twitter #GoodmanTrial. Lunch-break until 130pm but before trial continues the judge is having a hearing (now) about why jurors names were broadcast this morning ... In Session is pool camera and they didn't block the names; judge is not happy.

I haven't seen a thread on this but it's definitely worthy for Scott.

"Minutes after leaving the bar, Goodman's Bentley convertible slammed into the side of a Hyundai driven by a 23-year-old recent engineering graduate. The force of the impact drove Scott Wilson's car across the intersection of Lake Worth Road and 120th Avenue, flipping it upside down into a canal. Wilson drowned, and Goodman was charged with DUI-manslaughter and vehicular homicide."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...n-manslaughter-trial-20120228,0,6309875.story

Click here to watch the trial live-

http://www.wptv.com/generic/news/Goodman-Page-the-trial?elri

Roy Black will definitely have earned every penny of his fee if he manages to get an acquittal in this case. MOO

I posted a thread in the current trials -

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165929"]The John Goodman DUI manslaughter trial in Palm Beach County Court - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Roy Black will definitely have earned every penny of his fee if he manages to get an acquittal in this case. MOO

Ain't that the truth?

This guy is so guilty....And then he had to compound it by adopting his girlfriend???? WTF ever happened to personal responsibility?

I've been watching the trial, he deserves jail time to put him in his place and show him he is no better than anyone else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alissa000ag
Back