Frances Bean: Courtney Love caused deaths of family pets, lives on drugs

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
'She killed the family pets': Francis Bean Cobain slammed Courtney Love's behaviour in restraining order testimony (Daily Mail)
Frances Bean Cobain accused her mother Courtney Love of causing the death of their family pets in a newly revealed testimony.

The 19-year-old filed a restraining order against Love in LA superior court in December 2009 after they got into a physical fight.

And in sworn testimony uncovered by The Fix, Frances claimed her mother lived on drugs, was a conspiracy theorist and said the singer's hoarding caused the death of their family cat and dog.
---
Killed the family pets??
She said her cat died after getting entangled in piles of Etsy fabrics, boxes of paperwork, trash and other possessions, while a dog died after swallowing a pile of Love’s pills.
---
What sort of drugs?
'She basically exists now on...Xanax, Adderall, Sonata and Abilify, sugar and cigarettes.'
---
much more at link above

I have always been concerned about Frances Bean. I hope she can find a good strong support system to help her navigate her young life. She inherited millions, which will bring a lot of scummy, greedy hangers on her way. I HOPE she can find a pathway. :rose: She is a beautiful talented girl.

How sad. No child should have to live with a mother who acts more like a child than a parent.

Courtney Love has always been disgusting IMO.

I pray this child can have a happy life in spite of her childhood.

No surprise to me (and I am sure millions of others). So glad this beautiful girl is smart and strong. I too hope she has a good support system. A concern of mine for her is that she will hold onto anyone that gives her some stability.

It bothers me that Frances is engaged. She's so young and has just inherited so much. The only support system she seems to have is her paternal grandmother & aunt. I hope they are able to stay in close contact with her. I hope her fiance won't betray her, like her mother has (& continues to - see Courtney's twitter rants). I guess one good thing might be that she may have learned how to protect herself from predators via growing up around Courtney.

It bothers me that Frances is engaged. She's so young and has just inherited so much. The only support system she seems to have is her paternal grandmother & aunt. I hope they are able to stay in close contact with her. I hope her fiance won't betray her, like her mother has (& continues to - see Courtney's twitter rants). I guess one good thing might be that she may have learned how to protect herself from predators via growing up around Courtney.

Francis has so much on her plate and my heart dropped a bit when I saw that she had become engaged. She hasn't tied to knot yet, which is a good sign.

I've never known what to think about Kurt Cobain's mom, Wendy O'Connor, but Kim O'Connor seems like good people. I think Francis spent a great deal of time in Aberdeen, especially after the restraining order, which really isn't a bad thing.

The problem is it sounds like Francis grew up entangled with a very child-like mother who at various points used drugs and was very unstable emotionally.
Honestly, some of the men in Courtney's life Ed Norton, and Barber don't seem half bad. Don't know about any Mr. Right Nows she may have.

Reading that Francis was upset because she was no longer in Courtney's care broke my heart reading what "normal" meant in that household.

It had to have been very difficult to get a solid base growing up like that. She may have had a terrific staff to raise her, but CLC herself has said that she wishes she had had a loving mother in her life and a father who was always there. No matter how much CLC provided for and loved Frannie Bean, I don't think it can be see as healthy, and KC just wasn't there.

I really pray for this young woman. Before the photo shots she really was staying under the radar, with an art show she did under a pseudonym. It still received press though.

I hope she lays as low as she can with the poparazzi being what it is these days.

Curt was cleaning up, but then he died. Courtney got to keep the money, their kid, and still got to do her drugs. If he had lived, I think her life would have changed a lot more. He would have divorced her for sure, and she wouldn't have been his wife or widow, just a strung out ex. He would have gotten custody, most of the money, and his daughter would have had a better life. But, the way things worked out, Courtney went pretty much unchecked, until her daughter got old enough to fight for herself. Bummer.

Curt was cleaning up, but then he died. Courtney got to keep the money, their kid, and still got to do her drugs. If he had lived, I think her life would have changed a lot more. He would have divorced her for sure, and she wouldn't have been his wife or widow, just a strung out ex. He would have gotten custody, most of the money, and his daughter would have had a better life. But, the way things worked out, Courtney went pretty much unchecked, until her daughter got old enough to fight for herself. Bummer.

It was a miracle that CLC cleaned up after KC's death. I don't think its easy for those folks and for all we know KC's recovery could have been as rough in the longterm as Love's. I stopped following her career in about 2000ish, I think she went off the rails sometime after that.

We don't know for sure what Francis's life would have bee like if her father has lived. I think Cobain loved his family, I don't think that he killed himself because of Courtney or fame or really anything. Maybe he felt like he had it all and he still couldn't find happiness in any of it, just emptiness. Or maybe none of it gave him to will to get clean and he couldn't see that any of it could change.

He seemed very intent on killing himself. Listening to Nirvana's last unplugged performance, in retrospect it looks and sounds like a funeral. One that Cobain directed himself.

KC was really set on doing himself in. He was extremely suicidal. The people at his rehab should have known that, but they didn't. KC hopped a fence, got on a plane to WA and the rest is history.

I wish Francis would have had a better life. I don't know how much better it would have been if Kurt Cobain had lived. I hate what his suicide did to Francis just as much as what Courtney's dysfunctional and erratic mothering has done to her.

I hate that Cobain is considered a martyr, and love the succubus. She does a lot more than scream and flash her chi chis :) They both were/are horrible, horrible parents who have no excuse for their behavior.

As artists though, I appreciate them both. :couch:

I love the music of both Courtney and Kurt. I wish both had been able to tame the demon of addiction before it destroyed them.

Daisy I so agree about the last unplugged performance. It is exactly like a funeral, and fills me with such a sadness every time I watch it. It is clear that by that time, Kurt had completely give up. :(

Courtney has very real talent, and under all the bluster is a very sharp, intelligent mind. She made great music before she even met Kurt, so I have no time for those who paint her as some sort of talentless leech who was only famous because of him. I think together, though, they were very bad for each other in terms of their addictions - co dependent, I think it would be. But clearly they deeply loved each other.

I wish nothing but the best for Frances. She appears to be an intelligent, beautiful young woman. I also worry that she is jumping into a relationship early, seeking stability and love. But then, so many of us do that when we're young, and come out okay on the other side. I hope she will too.

I have never felt that Kurt killed himself. I think Courtney had something to do with his death. I have a book and I can't locate it right now about Kurt and Courtney. And it doesn't paint Courtney with a very good brush.

No doubt about it though, Kurt loved his daughter, and I think if he would have lived, he would have gotten her away from Courtney and her destructive ways.

I will look around for that book today. Plus, I need something to read anyway. I will post the title as soon as I find it, if anyone is interested.

Tezi, that would be great. I would like to read that book.

Tezi, that would be great. I would like to read that book.

I will look for it today, OK? I have another book to send so if you will PM me your address, I will try to get in the mail today or at least before I go into the hospital next week for my surgery.

Yes, when I saw that Courtney had been labeled "a conspiracy theorist," I wondered (probably cruelly) if she had bought into the one about her being responsible for Kurt's death.

Yes, when I saw that Courtney had been labeled "a conspiracy theorist," I wondered (probably cruelly) if she had bought into the one about her being responsible for Kurt's death.
I thought the same thing. Hey, she's living one of the biggest conspiracy theories, of all time...maybe that's partly what made her nuts. I used to like Courtney, and thought she was wild and cool, and extremely talented. But, she's living proof, that the party has to stop. I wonder when the drugs stopped being about having a good time, and became her life. What a waste... And I mean that in the purest sense of the word.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kurt_Cobain#Richard_Lee

wiki on Coabain's death. There's a lot more to it, I think Grant has or had his own site. You hear every now again that people go up to Love and tell her she killed Cobain. Myself, I think its horrible.

I have looked at alternate theories to his death, but I can't get past one thing: why on earth would Seattle PD give Courtney a pass on killing Cobain, or anyone for that matter.

I really don't think that it's all that far out there to think that Courtney may have paid someone to help Kurt leave this life. That's JMO.

I've spent years wondering about the circumstances of Kurt's death. I'm not sure it's as cut and dried as Courtney orchestrating his death, but I don't believe that he put that shot-gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger either. I think the truth is probably a whole lot weirder, and not something we'll ever find out.

I think Courtney Love is a frighteningly manipulative human being, or she was before drugs wasted her to the point that her intelligence went down the pan.

Tom Grant's website is still active, and if anyone is interested, there are some very interesting sound bites on there. She hired him to find Kurt in the days before his body was discovered, and he found her behaviour so strange, he actually started investigating her instead.

Well, that only guarantees that the story of allegedly being a pet-killing, conspiracy-theorizing, drug-taking mother of one will reach an even wider audience in the long run:

Courtney Love to sue over leaked testimony in which
daughter Frances Bean Cobain 'accused her of killing pets'
(Daily Mail)
---
The Hole frontwoman is currently planning a lawsuit against whomever was involved in making the records public.

'I don’t know how they were disclosed ... When I find out what happened, we will take the appropriate legal action,' Love's lawyer James Janowitz told the NY Post.
---
more at DM link above

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer