Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

Missing since March 2, 1982 from New Lisbon, Burlington County, New Jersey
Classification: Missing

• Date Of Birth: June 25, 1935
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 46 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 67-69 inches; 145-155 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Grey hair; brown eyes (his eyes have been described as blue).
  • Clothing: He was last seen wearing a blue jacket, green checkered shirt, and blue pants.
  • Scars: He may have a scar on his forehead.
  • DNA: Available.
  • Fingerprints: Available
Kenneth was a patient at the New Lisbon Developmental Center in New Lisbon, NJ. He left on March 2, 1982 and has not been seen or heard from since.

NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3840 

Doe Network - http://doenetwork.org/cases/4186dmnj.html

Charley Project - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/schweighart_kenneth.html

FBI seeks new info in 42-year-old missing persons case from New Jersey

Didn't find any new information on Mr. Schweighart but I did find an interesting article about two other people going missing from that same facility before it changed names. I don't know if they are connected or not but it does seem odd that three people that were supposed to be under close supervision managed to just walk away.

Medical Conditions: Schweighart is mildly mentally disabled, with an IQ of 58. He is not violent.

Details of Disappearance: Schweighart was a resident of the New Lisbon State School for Retarded Males in New Lisbon, New Jersey in 1982; he had lived there for approximately four years. His family lived in Garfield, New Jersey. He left the campus at 11:45 a.m. on March 2, 1982 and has never been heard from again.

Curiously, Schweighart is not the only New Lisbon State School resident who went missing and was never heard from again; Steven Andersonand David Williams disappeared from there together in 1975. It hasn't been proven that the disappearances are related.

The New Lisbon State School is now coed and known as the New Lisbon Developmental Center. All three cases remains unsolved.

I happened to find some interesting articles about him and a twin brother. The first article is incorrect in one’s age and the other’s middle initial. They’re twins, here is the 1950 census.
81298269-57D0-46C7-BB63-6D471F01FFD5.jpeg

Last edited:
At 20 years old the brothers were sentenced to an indeterminate amount of time at New Jersey State Hospital at Lisbon. When I Google that it takes me to this, the State School he disappeared from. He had only been there 4 years prior to disappearing so it was some 22 years after the 1955 incident. Could he have been there the latest time for something criminal?

While browsing Ancestry records I noticed some variations in spelling of his surname. (There are A LOT in NJ) So I used that to search and yielded a few more results. Inconsequential I’m sure but interesting nonetheless. His twin brother lived until 2019.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566
Back