1138 users online (226 members and 912 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1722
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaslug44 View Post
    I agree that MP does not have an honest appeal about him during his on-camera interviews.

    However, bottom line is that the police found merit in his story. According to those who heard the tape of SG's 911 call, MP was the voice of reason. He was the one person who SG could have trusted to get her out of her paranoid delusional state without harm. MP is not a suspect because there is much evidence to support that he tried to help her, he reported her missing, and he searched for her even the next day.

    That does not sound like a guilty person and his polygraph supported the police findings that he is innocent.

    Of course, all of this is mute since there is not a shred of evidence that SG died of anything other than natural causes.
    oh, you read the ME report? I was not aware their was any evidence either way yet.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaslug44 View Post
    I agree that MP does not have an honest appeal about him during his on-camera interviews.

    However, bottom line is that the police found merit in his story. According to those who heard the tape of SG's 911 call, MP was the voice of reason. He was the one person who SG could have trusted to get her out of her paranoid delusional state without harm. MP is not a suspect because there is much evidence to support that he tried to help her, he reported her missing, and he searched for her even the next day.

    That does not sound like a guilty person and his polygraph supported the police findings that he is innocent.

    Of course, all of this is mute since there is not a shred of evidence that SG died of anything other than natural causes.
    1) The fact that the police found merit in MP's story says more about the police than MP. They have not been exemplary in most aspects of this case.

    2)Voice of reason... yes he wanted to defuse the situation, get his money and go home.

    3)He tried to help her... by getting her into his car, he was upset with GC for calling the police, he wanted to handle the situation himself.

    4) He never reported her missing, he did not return to Oak Beach for two days, He never tried to follow SG into the swamp to rescue her from 'drowning'.

    5)The polygraph has no validity in NY.

    6) If he really had tried to help her he would have stayed and worked with LE and been involved with the search that morning. That's what you or any concerned person would have done.

    Please understand what kind of individual who lives off the avails of prostitution is. He is not a noble character.


    If MP did not have SG in his car at 6:00AM that morning he would have no reason to leave Oak Beach.

    If MP had SG in his car that morning he had no reason to stay.

    What did he actually do?


    MOO

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island, North of Oak Beach
    Posts
    100
    Pak is the only one I see that is MOST uncomfortable with being in camera. His 48 Hours (I think it was that one) was really pathetic, and if I never suspected Pak before, you bet your ass I suspect him of SOMETHING now, whether it be him being the actual killer of Shannan, or if he just has knowledge of it.
    If I am in a house with someone I 'care' about, or even just know for that matter, or better yet, if I was just in a house and a young woman was there screaming her heart out that someone was trying to kill her... I wouldn't need 15-20 seconds to, uh, well, you know, uhmm..... hmmmmm, think about what it was she had said. Because that is what we got, a long, studdering, suspicious pause, and then an "Oh yea, she said 'they're trying to kill me.'" REALLLYYY? You wouldn't remember that? How could you not remember that on that night the girl you brought somewhere to meet a man for sex, and you couldn't remember that the girl was screaming "THEY ARE TRYING TO KILL ME!!!" That's a powerful statement.... she was speaking of someone trying to silence the remainder of her life and this prick couldn't remember her one plea for help?!?!?!?
    I'd love to smack Pak my damn self... I don't know what exactly it will accomplish except possibly him trying to beat me too, but yeah, I would love to smack some sense into that boy.....

  4. #34
    shadowraiths's Avatar
    shadowraiths is offline LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Specialist, infoSec Architect
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,867
    I have long felt Pak was involved in Shannan's disappearance. And that was before I knew his name or had read about his criminal past. ( link )

    Pak, 41, had served six months in prison after pleading guilty in August 2004 to a federal charge of conspiracy to misuse a passport. He was arrested on May 11, 2004, at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport after flying from Zurich with a woman from China who had a U.S. passport in someone else's name, according to the indictment.

    Assistant U.S. Attorney J. Michael Worley said Pak accepted money to bring her into the country. Pak said in an interview that he accepted money to help the woman with her English and only learned about the passport problem shortly before boarding a flight with her from Sri Lanka to Zurich. By then, he said, he felt he couldn't get out of his agreement.

    Add to that the claim that the 911 call ended when Shannan was "pulled into a truck" ( link )

    Her mother, Mari Gilbert, has said that her daughter’s last phone call was “…23 minutes to 911 when she was grabbed and pulled into a truck.”

    Along with early reports about an Asian man in an SUV (who we later learned was Pak) ( link )

    Colletti said it was then that he noticed an Asian man in his 30s driving a black SUV.

    "I could see a car come and stopping, coming a little bit and stopping," he said.

    Asked if he thought Shannan was afraid of the man in the SUV, Colletti replied, "She was afraid of somebody."

    Occam's Razor being what it is, afaics, Pak is a shoe-in for what happened to Shannan.



    Forensic Psychology Portal

    I tend to disappear from Websleuths from time to time.
    If I do, you can usually find me on
    Twitter.


  5. #35
    shadowraiths's Avatar
    shadowraiths is offline LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Specialist, infoSec Architect
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,867
    See also, page 9 of the May 5, 2011, Suffolk County Legislature Public Saftey meeting minutes ( link, h/t [ame=http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6880243#post6880243]goathairjones[/ame], emphasis added, mine ):

    Of course this whole case started with the disappearance of Shannon Gilbert which occurred on May 1st -- almost a year ago, a few more days -- and Shannon Gilbert was a young woman who advertised on Craig's List. On the day in question she left her home in Jersey, took a train into Manhattan where she engaged in one, maybe two tricks, and she had a driver who was contacted by an individual in the Oak Beach Association and she was taken there at approximately two o'clock in the morning.



    Forensic Psychology Portal

    I tend to disappear from Websleuths from time to time.
    If I do, you can usually find me on
    Twitter.


  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Island, North of Oak Beach
    Posts
    100
    the LISK website has officially been shut dwn for good!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,569
    Quote Originally Posted by WINDSOR View Post
    Yes what you say is true, but he did return to Oak Beach, when he exposed himself to the questions of LE. If he left to avoid questioning of LE why did he then return to be questioned? See my point, he had to leave to hide something(SG?)

    I agree with you about JB paying for services of SG. However if SG was refusing to give MP his share, you can understand MP's anger.

    I think MP got all the money in the end, IIRC SG's wallet was empty when found.

    MOO
    He would have returned once he realized that she really was missing, and the situation had the potential to turn into something much nastier. Essentially he was covering his butt because if he didn't he would have become the prime suspect, and he has enough street smarts to understand that.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwntwnslim View Post
    @ Tugela-

    To your knowledge do escorts expect payment in cash or do you know if they use modern conveniences like credit cards, paypal etc?

    Oops... you did say the John hands over the cash in an envelope beforehand. With that being said, do escorts ever accept payment via credit card or paypal? Do you think it's possible that SG, MBB, ALC, MB, JT and/or MW accepted payment via credit card or paypal?
    I think some high end ones might, but I doubt that the girls who work out of craigslist and things like that do. They would only take cash. There are a number of reasons for that, the biggest one being trust. There is also the tax implication - cash means income that you can hide from the IRS because there are no records.

    You need to remember that the clients don't want to leave a paper trail through credit cards and such that LE might use at a later date as evidence either.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    I think some high end ones might, but I doubt that the girls who work out of craigslist and things like that do. They would only take cash. There are a number of reasons for that, the biggest one being trust. There is also the tax implication - cash means income that you can hide from the IRS because there are no records.

    You need to remember that the clients don't want to leave a paper trail through credit cards and such that LE might use at a later date as evidence either.

    Thanks for your valuable input, Tugela! You too Lilmiss_cantbwrong!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugela View Post
    He would have returned once he realized that she really was missing, and the situation had the potential to turn into something much nastier. Essentially he was covering his butt because if he didn't he would have become the prime suspect, and he has enough street smarts to understand that.
    How would MP realize SG was missing after he left Oak Beach? The fact he could not find her when he looking for her in Oak Beach implies he knew she was missing.

    If MP said to you "I could not find SG so I left Oak Beach, then I realized she was missing so I thought I should come back two days later to look for her." would you believe him?

    MP did not know what happened to SG why would he leave before it was resolved? If he knew what happened there was no reason to stay.

    MP returned for several reasons,

    a) to look like a good guy looking for SG
    b) to see if he was a suspect
    c) to ensure no evidence that might incriminate him was left around.

    MP is a street smart individual who has served time, and is familiar with LE procedures.

    MOO


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    486
    In my continuing interest in MP as a POI; I was hoping you fellow sleuths might be able to discover the answers to these questions.

    I think these are relevant.

    1) What vehicle was MP driving the night SG disappeared, make, model and license

    2) Who was the legal owner of that vehicle at that time.

    3) Does MP still have possession of that vehicle? If not when, where and how did he dispose of it? (somebody in New York LE should be able to follow this up easily)

    4) Where is MP now?, if not in the same residence/area when SG disappeared, when and where did he move to?

    If MP disposed of the vehicle and/or changed his residency shortly after SG disappeared one could be even more suspicious of MP

    If in fact MP has 'disappeared' and nobody knows where he is (possibly he has taken on a new identity), then the suspicious meter goes to '11'.

    MOO

  12. #42
    It's hard to post and quote with an iPad ugh still need my computer. There is this article here that states MP went to GA. Interesting enough it mentions the drifter too! There ya go if true you have the link of why SG was brought to that party. I can see now why SG was afraid of MP, perhaps she figured something out during the party? This needs more figuring out of course. IMO
    http://bayridgejournal.blogspot.com/...lgo-beach.html

    Also I have read it before he was in GA

    Grr iPads I even hit the wrong link at times trying to get to a thread it will bring me to a persons page.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by the quiet girl View Post
    It's hard to post and quote with an iPad ugh still need my computer. There is this article here that states MP went to GA. Interesting enough it mentions the drifter too! There ya go if true you have the link of why SG was brought to that party. I can see now why SG was afraid of MP, perhaps she figured something out during the party? This needs more figuring out of course. IMO
    http://bayridgejournal.blogspot.com/...lgo-beach.html

    Also I have read it before he was in GA

    Grr iPads I even hit the wrong link at times trying to get to a thread it will bring me to a persons page.
    Interesting that both Pak and "the drifter" are in the same state. Hmmm. Also, thanks for the blog. Never read that one before and I think it clearly lays out in one place much of the info that everyone gets confused about. Thanks!

  14. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by dc20015 View Post
    Interesting that both Pak and "the drifter" are in the same state. Hmmm. Also, thanks for the blog. Never read that one before and I think it clearly lays out in one place much of the info that everyone gets confused about. Thanks!
    YW
    However with this case the one thing I do know there is too much conflicting news reports and not up to par reporters. I still would like to see some evidence of both the drifter and MP living in GA. Then we will see this link that should not be ignored. Something I hope/wish the cops would investigate more.

    ETA: I wish we knew the drifters name. It is extremely suspect that it has never came out. Why? Is this drifter that connected?

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by the quiet girl View Post
    YW
    However with this case the one thing I do know there is too much conflicting news reports and not up to par reporters. I still would like to see some evidence of both the drifter and MP living in GA. Then we will see this link that should not be ignored. Something I hope/wish the cops would investigate more.

    ETA: I wish we knew the drifters name. It is extremely suspect that it has never came out. Why? Is this drifter that connected?
    Oh, I agree. And blogs aren't MSM articles. But from everything else I've read, it's one of the more clear layings out of the basic happenings of the case and thinking of all the articles I've read and programs I've seen, comparing info, and weeding out the background noise, one of the more thorough and accurate.

    As far as proving Pak and drifter are both in GA, yeah, it needs verification, but if true, it is quite interesting. I had always thought that it was the drifter only who went to GA and thought people who said it was Pak were confused. But now that it may be both, my eyebrow is raising. If they were both in New Jersey or Connecticut, I couldn't care less. But if they wound up in the same state that is...what...1200 miles away from NYC?...that is kind of questionable. Especially if they're in the same area of GA (say Atlanta) and MOST especially if they went there together. But, sigh, we don't know much about this.

Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. CA CA: Fox, Michael Age 47
    By raine1212 in forum Unclaimed Persons
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2013, 08:47 PM
  2. Michael jordan look alike sues Michael
    By laura08 in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 03:23 PM