1266 users online (211 members and 1055 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry 6 more weeks of winter

Groundhog Day 2012: Punxsutawney Phil sees shadow, 6 more weeks of winter

Groundhog Punxsutawney Phil. (Groundhog.org) At 7:25 a.m. this morning, amidst mostly cloudy skies, and temperatures in the low 30s, Groundhog Phil saw his shadow in the little town of Punxsutawney, Pa.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...b7jQ_blog.html

Looks like he was right, I live in the Central Plains and we are returning to Winter this weekend with several inches of snow and winds forecast for our area..
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

This is the mildest winter that I have experienced here in the Niagara Region.Call me crazy but I want SNOW.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and all that.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticFringe View Post
    This is the mildest winter that I have experienced here in the Niagara Region.Call me crazy but I want SNOW.
    We've had a mild winter too but I'm still done with it. Bring me sprriiiiing!! Please! I love sun and warmth. I really shouldn't live in the midwest.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

it's been in the 70's and 80's here in FL....very very mild for us.

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    I hope we have COLD COLD weather coming.

I'm worried about the skeeters.
    Mild winters mean millions of blood suckers were not killed off during the winter.

It will be an unbearable summer in Louisiana if we don't get some freezing weather soon.

Die skeeters!!! DIE

Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

I'm just wanting 6 weeks of winter... period. We've gotten rain and warm weather and the wildflowers are blooming .. *rolls eyes*

I walked two blocks last night to meet with a friend and was sweating my butt off by the time I got there..

A little winter ... please!

If we are in for 6 more weeks like the last 6 weeks here in So CA., I'm just perfectly fine with that. I've already got peas, arugula and spinach in, along with a ton of flowers. And am working on the next few plantings, too...and of course working on the whole garden - front, side and back.

So I'm good with 6 more weeks like we've had the last 6 weeks...will give me time to finish getting trees trimmed, and all the gardens completely set up and planted, before I start spring cleaning. LOL.

Best-
    Herding Cats

That's What I Like About the South!

http://www.ajc.com/news/groundhog-da...xtype=rss_news

Georgia’s most famous groundhog, General Beauregard Lee, declared spring to be just around the corner after emerging from his plantation-style home at Gwinnett County’s Yellow River Game Ranch on a cloudy Thursday morning and seeing no shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
    If we are in for 6 more weeks like the last 6 weeks here in So CA., I'm just perfectly fine with that. I've already got peas, arugula and spinach in, along with a ton of flowers. And am working on the next few plantings, too...and of course working on the whole garden - front, side and back.

So I'm good with 6 more weeks like we've had the last 6 weeks...will give me time to finish getting trees trimmed, and all the gardens completely set up and planted, before I start spring cleaning. LOL.

Best-
    Herding Cats

Not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post

Best-
    Herding Cats
    I want to come live with you. Your weather sounds beautiful!!!

Justice for Travis

February 2 and 52 degrees (as opposed to the 18 inches of snow we had last year). If we have six more weeks of this, I say bring it!!!

what winter?.....it's 80 today in houston

It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by tk71texas View Post
    what winter?.....it's 80 today in houston

It's 17F here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast