6 more weeks of winter

~n/t~

Reaction score
Groundhog Day 2012: Punxsutawney Phil sees shadow, 6 more weeks of winter

Groundhog Punxsutawney Phil. (Groundhog.org) At 7:25 a.m. this morning, amidst mostly cloudy skies, and temperatures in the low 30s, Groundhog Phil saw his shadow in the little town of Punxsutawney, Pa.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...eks-of-winter/2012/02/02/gIQA9Hb7jQ_blog.html

www.MessenTools.com-Cold-Congelado-Gorro.gif

Looks like he was right, I live in the Central Plains and we are returning to Winter this weekend with several inches of snow and winds forecast for our area..

This is the mildest winter that I have experienced here in the Niagara Region.Call me crazy but I want SNOW.

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :furious: :maddening: :mad: :doh: :tears: :panic: :noooo: :sigh: :coldcase: :snowman: :butthead: :curses: :cry: :cold: :scream: :help: :steamed: :rage: :cursing: and all that.

This is the mildest winter that I have experienced here in the Niagara Region.Call me crazy but I want SNOW.

We've had a mild winter too but I'm still done with it. Bring me sprriiiiing!! Please! I love sun and warmth. I really shouldn't live in the midwest.

it's been in the 70's and 80's here in FL....very very mild for us.

I hope we have COLD COLD weather coming.

I'm worried about the skeeters.
Mild winters mean millions of blood suckers were not killed off during the winter.

It will be an unbearable summer in Louisiana if we don't get some freezing weather soon.

Die skeeters!!! DIE

:smile:

I'm just wanting 6 weeks of winter... period. We've gotten rain and warm weather and the wildflowers are blooming .. *rolls eyes*

I walked two blocks last night to meet with a friend and was sweating my butt off by the time I got there..

A little winter ... please!

If we are in for 6 more weeks like the last 6 weeks here in So CA., I'm just perfectly fine with that. I've already got peas, arugula and spinach in, along with a ton of flowers. And am working on the next few plantings, too...and of course working on the whole garden - front, side and back.

So I'm good with 6 more weeks like we've had the last 6 weeks...will give me time to finish getting trees trimmed, and all the gardens completely set up and planted, before I start spring cleaning. LOL.

Best-
Herding Cats

If we are in for 6 more weeks like the last 6 weeks here in So CA., I'm just perfectly fine with that. I've already got peas, arugula and spinach in, along with a ton of flowers. And am working on the next few plantings, too...and of course working on the whole garden - front, side and back.

So I'm good with 6 more weeks like we've had the last 6 weeks...will give me time to finish getting trees trimmed, and all the gardens completely set up and planted, before I start spring cleaning. LOL.

Best-
Herding Cats

Not fair. :snooty:

Best-
Herding Cats

I want to come live with you. Your weather sounds beautiful!!!

February 2 and 52 degrees (as opposed to the 18 inches of snow we had last year). If we have six more weeks of this, I say bring it!!!

what winter?.....it's 80 today in houston

What I read is that the town officials in Puxatawney actually make the decision as to whether Phil sees his shadow or not.

Kind of like controlling the situation, I guess. Not that the cute little rodent controls it, but the officials in town make a decision to report what THEY want to report.

Not sure if it true, but I'm suspicious by nature.

Here in Coastal SC it has been extremely mild. I have the house wide open. I am so glad I opted for the electric FP inserts in the bedrooms. I can still have the pretty look of fire even if the ac is on. And it has been.

http://www.ajc.com/news/groundhog-day-gen-lee-1327738.html?cxtype=rss_news

Georgia’s most famous groundhog, General Beauregard Lee, declared spring to be just around the corner after emerging from his plantation-style home at Gwinnett County’s Yellow River Game Ranch on a cloudy Thursday morning and seeing no shadow.

It hasn't really felt like winter, all winter. I'm pretty glad about it too.

Last year, we had all of those snow storms and it was so cold. My power bill was up to $300 a month because we had the heat on so high all the time, plus, the kids just wanted to hole up in the house and play video games or do computer.
This year, the highest my bill has been is $150 and that was for December when we had all of those parties and lights.

The groundhog here in didn't see his shadow so we're supposed to get spring soon. I hope he's right.

Yesterday it was almost 60 degrees but today it's cold and ugly. I love being able to go outside without a coat or shoes, being able to open the windows in the house and the car... flowers... green grass.

Days are in the low 70s, nights in the low 40s...just about my perfect kind of weather. I don't mind colder, and even warmer, but once it hits the 90s by 10 am, it's no fun. So summer (especially late summer) is horrid here. Which is why I'm considering moving to Oregon in a year or so...I love the rain, I love the weather there, and I love how green and fresh everything is all the time.

But I love this time of year here, and the weather is just gorgeous right now. And it gives me time to really get things rolling for gardens and so on.

Best-
Herding Cats

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr