Identified! MO - St Louis, N 6th St, BlkMale 16-40, UP9815, dressed in suit & tie, poss traveling, Jan'12 - Joseph Daniel Pierce

CherBearSTL

Reaction score
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9815

Estimated age Adult - Pre 40
Minimum age 16 years
Maximum age 40 years
Race Black/African American
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) 190, Measured
Height (inches) 69, Measured (5'9")

Probable year of death 2012 to 2012
Estimated postmortem interval 1 Hours

Location Found
201 North 6th Street
St. Louis City
Missouri
St. Louis City

Circumstances of death
Found on the ground in downtown St. Louis City. Possibly traveling through St. Louis.

Hair color - Black
Head hair - Short / shaved
Facial hair - None
Eye description - Contact lenses present

Clothing on body
Black Jacket, Gray Slacks, Black belt, Black shirt,
Thin blue-colored tie
Print boxer shorts

Footwear
Black socks
Black shoes (Stacy Adams size 11)

Other items found with body
Wallet (empty) except for US Currency.
Ink pen - with writing "Government Group 800-445-4352"

Good dental, no filling present

The street where he was found is actually a decent area of the city that has lots of high rises, businesses and quite a bit of pedestrian and vehicle traffic. I wondering if he could have been attending some type of event or show in the area.

I am working on this case with the ME. We both are hitting dead ends.
Mr. Parker has been ruled out.

Case Information
Status Unidentified
Case number 2012-0104
Date found January 16, 2012 10:00

Estimated age Adult - Pre 40
Minimum age 16 years
Maximum age 40 years
Race Black/African American
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) 190, Measured

Height (inches) 69, Measured

This gentleman was well dressed suit and tie, no tattoos, scars or unusual physical features.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9815

This gentleman had no ID but had money in his wallet, cause of death was either he fell, jumped or was pushed from height. We really need help.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_7f99c0b0-477d-11e1-a8c9-0019bb30f31a.html

ST. LOUIS • The identity of a man who was found dead nine days ago in a downtown St. Louis parking garage remains a mystery.
The parking garage is at 201 North 6th Street. The man was found dead there on the morning of Jan. 16. He was found in the middle of exit ramps in the garage.
An autopsy revealed he suffered trauma to the head and neck, consistent with a fall. But authorities don't know how he fell, so they don't know if it was an accident or a crime.
He*is*a black man, 5-foot-9 and about 190 pounds. The pathologist who performed*the autopsy*estimates the man is 25 to 35 years old. The man*was clean-shaven and had short black hair. He had*no scars, tattoos or dental fillings, authorities say. He*wore contact lenses.
He was also*nicely dressed, authorities say. He wore*gray pants, a black shirt, a thin blue tie, *advertiser censored*black jacket and print boxer shorts. He also wore size 11 Stacy Adams loafers. He had cash in his wallet but nothing else. He had on headphones and carried an*ink pen with the words*Government Group on it.
A check of fingerprints found no matches. Investigators with the St. Louis medical examiner's office have put out inquiries to police in Missouri and Illinois and to a missing persons clearinghouse. But they have no matches.

Sorry did not know, I will get someone to merge them.

Also I have sent the ME several names.. Should hear back tomorrow from the state patrol.. Will update when I hear.

Why a wallet with only cash, but not other documents? I have never met anybody that carries a wallet with only cash.

The newest article indicates that he was found in a parking garage. The odd thing is that most people wouldn't be parking in this area in the evenings unless there was a Cardinals game...which there wasn't. There was a Cardinals Winter Warm Up event at a hotel downtown. This is somewhat close to the convention center though.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

ME also said she believes his age could be younger than 40.. True is ID could have been taken, if it was a mugging why not the money...also no vehicle has been found or reported unclaimed.

Little off topic.

The ME from St. Louis said she really appreciates us and what we do. She also said help is always needed.

Lots of hotels in that area... Link to website with map of nearby hotels:

Downtown St. Louis hotels

Google map of area (satellite view is very helpful):

Google map of area

Random thoughts:

- Why would he be in the garage? Some options: 1) he parked his own car or a rental there; 2) he was a passenger with someone who parked there, or 3) he got downtown some other way (MetroLink, taxi, maybe he lives down there and walked down to one of the bars) and met someone there who offered him a ride and was parked in that garage?
- Does the garage have surveillance cameras?
- That's an odd place to park if you were going to the Landing, but have LE canvassed the other restaurants/bars in the area?

Google map of area bars/restaurants:

Bars near 201 N. 6th St.

ME also said she believes his age could be younger than 40.. True is ID could have been taken, if it was a mugging why not the money...also no vehicle has been found or reported unclaimed.

Interesting. This could mean he was brought there from another location.
Especially if this garage wasn't usually used except for a Cardinals game.

No evidence of foul play on the body?

Lots of hotels in that area... Link to website with map of nearby hotels:

Downtown St. Louis hotels

Google map of area (satellite view is very helpful):

Google map of area

Random thoughts:

- Why would he be in the garage? Some options: 1) he parked his own car or a rental there; 2) he was a passenger with someone who parked there, or 3) he got downtown some other way (MetroLink, taxi, maybe he lives down there and walked down to one of the bars) and met someone there who offered him a ride and was parked in that garage?
- Does the garage have surveillance cameras?
- That's an odd place to park if you were going to the Landing, but have LE canvassed the other restaurants/bars in the area?

Google map of area bars/restaurants:

Bars near 201 N. 6th St.

Good questions, especially about the survelliance in the garage. Upthread it was mentioned he had no keys and no car was found abandoned or unclaimed. Carjacking in the garage? Someone wanted the car and not the cash, took his keys and id so he couldn't be identifed and took his car?

Locals, what events might have been going on in downtown St. Louis the 15th/16th? The 14/15th was the weekend prior to the Monday am he was found. Any weekend events that were Sat/Sun or Sun? Trade shows of any kind?

I'm not thinking that he was mugged. He could have been intentionally pushed and then his id taken to conceal his identity.

I realize that there are plenty of hotels in the area, but they all have their own parking garages. I am very, very familiar with downtown stl. I used to work at 6th and Olive...1 block north of where this man was found. This garage is mainly used by businesses that are located in the high rises. Macy's is right across the street on Olive.

We watched a man sit on the edge of that garage threatening to jump off. The cops eventually got him down. This isn't a very tall building.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back