704 users online (76 members and 628 guests)  

Websleuths News

Upstate NY

NY - TSA agent at JFK stole $5000 from passenger, police say

TSA Agent at JFK airport stole $5,000 cash from passenger (Daily Mail)
    Police say a Transportation Security Administration agent stole $5,000 in cash from a passenger's jacket as he was going through security at John F. Kennedy International Airport, the latest in a string of thefts that has embarrassed the agency.

Alexandra Schmid took the cash from the jacket of a Bangladeshi passenger as it went along an X-ray conveyor belt at around 8pm Wednesday, said Port Authority spokesman Al Della Fave.

'In viewing the surveillance video, we observed her removing the currency from the victim's jacket pocket,' Mr Della Fave said.
    Completely isolated incident then, right?
    This has been a bad public relations week for the TSA, as the news of Ms Schmidís arrest comes the same week as a security officer in the Dallas Fort Worth airport was put on leave after he was found with eight iPads that he stole from checked luggage.
    more at link above

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.

I'm travelling soon & stories like this make me worry

Detroit Metro
    No surprise to me...I've had so many things stolen I've stopped taking anything valuable in my bag and I will no longer check a bag. The last time I flew someone even stole some of my used makeup.

MY friend and I were flying from NYC back to LAX. On the way to the airport we had gone shopping and she bought a brand new beautiful leather jacket. She put it in her checked suitcase. When we got to the luggage pick up, in LA, she was cold, and decided to put on her brand new jacket. IT WAS GONE!!! We went right to the American Airlines window and she showed them her receipt, from just hours earlier in NYC. IT took her weeks to get them to pay her anything, and it was only 300 they reimbursed, even though the jacket cost 500.
    ďEvery day that they donít find something is good for me.ď Billie Dunn