Identified! IL - Park Ridge, body slumped against log, 40s, Jan'12 - Name withheld

Claudette

Reaction score
Dog walker out, finds man with severe decomp slumped over against a stump, which is weird to me. Suicide maybe? I just think it's weird he's found slumped over against a stump in a very small wooded area. Like he was sitting there at some point for some reason. Also, autopsy delayed because of the state of the body

http://triblocal.com/park-ridge/2012/02/03/dog-walker-finds-decomposed-body-in-woods/

This is right by where I grew up. What's interesting about this spot is that across the road is forest with trails and a river, above it is an elevated highway and it is surrounded by busy roads and train tracks on the ground... but this spot gets very little traffic that I'm aware of so I'm surprised someone was back there walking their dog. There isn't really a path. There's a driving range right next door and then next to that a pool that closed and an indoor ice rink - not sure if it is still in use. Anyway there is a parking lot that extends far back and my guess is the perp parked way back there. Below is a map that shows this little foresty area, it's the small green area.

http://g.co/maps/63vv4

Not sure if you have heard any of the local news about the Cook County coroners office. It's one big mess with bodies piling up and they can't explain why.

Having followed local cases out of Cook for a few years, they list bodies found and there is never any news updates. Do a search by state prefix IL and you'll see exactly what I mean.

They have almost nothing in NamUs. Despite numerous pleas to do so, even suggestions by many advocacy groups and researchers for the missing and unidentified.

I'm afraid the Cook County medical examiners office is one big mess right now and I don't expect much from them by way of the bodies they CAN identify, let alone those who are not id'd. At least until they do a major clean up of the office.

I wonder if a gun was found near the body since the autopsy states he died of a self inflicted gun shot wound. If so, I hope the gun was registered and may lead to this mans id.

Unless he was from the immediate area, he had to have driven there. Bet there's a towed vehicle from that parking lot that's been waiting for months for its owner.

http://www.journal-topics.com/news/article_8c5c6108-5421-11e1-9261-0019bb30f31a.html

Posted: Friday, February 10, 2012 1:55 pm |
Updated: 5:17 pm, Fri Feb 10, 2012.
By CRAIG ADAMS Journal & Topics Reporter

<snipped>
Police also closed the case of the recently found suicide victim with his identification. The man's name was not released by police due to a request by family members.

"Dental records," led to his identification, Kaminski said. The man had been reported as a missing person to police on Dec. 17, he added.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back