861 users online (108 members and 753 guests)  

Websleuths News

NC - Hysen Sherifi & 2 others for trying to hire hitman, Raleigh, 2012

Female school administrator charged 'over plot to BEHEAD witnesses against would-be terrorist' (Daily Mail)
    A female school administrator has been held for her alleged part in plot to hire a hit man to behead three witnesses against a would-be terrorist.

Nevine Aly Elshiekh was arrested last month after FBI agents traced her to an informant posing as a hitman.

The 46-year-old divorcee who worked at Sterling Montessori Academy, a charter school in Morrisville, North Carolina, allegedly delivered the names of those to be murdered and a $750 deposit for the initial kill.
    ---
    The plot to behead three witnesses was allegedly led by Hysen Sherifi, a Kosovan native who was sentenced last month to 45 years in prison as part of a home grown terrorist ring.
    ---
    much more of this convoluted tale, and with pictures of its main characters, at DM link above

Man it is getting scary out there.
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

she and her "friends" are scary looking.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    she and her "friends" are scary looking.
    Definitely are. Quite a creepy feeling one gets, just looking them over.

but ... but he made her bracelets in prison - surely that's enough to make any woman conspire to murder ~sigh~

The below linked article includes a video news clip, fwiw. This woman has many supporters from the local Muslim community. I wonder how long it will take these people to realize this woman is not what she seemed and has betrayed them? Even her own dad doesn't profess her innocence. I think he just doesn't know. He wants to believe she wouldn't do this, but he has faith in our judicial system too. Poor man.

Scary thing in all this, there was a construction guy or building contractor. I'm wondering if he did contract work with Quantico? You do realize, one of their targets was Quantico in the original terrorism plot? Just imagine if they'd managed to pull that off! OMGoodness! The heart of our federal LE training center.

Sad that there now must be a number of parents of children that attended the school she was an administrator of are wondering how safe their children's learning environment really is. I'm sure the school had no clue, but still, this effects everyone.

Glad they were able to uncover this alleged plot in time to prevent it. I don't know if these guys in prison will ever learn that their fellow prisoners cannot be trusted. Why the heck to they think they're there in the first place?!

JMHO
    fran

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1255000.html

Beheading Plot Suspect, Nevine Aly Elshiekh, Was A Dedicated Teacher, Father Says

From May 2013:

http://www.wral.com/triangle-terrori...plot/12433614/

A convicted Triangle terrorist was sentenced Friday to life in prison on charges that he plotted to kill government witnesses who testified against him in his 2011 trial. Meanwhile, two others convicted in the case received sentences far less than the 10-year maximum they faced.

Authorities said Hysen Sherifi, 29, enlisted the help of his younger brother and a female friend to pay a hit man to carry out the killings against three witnesses and three law enforcement officers...

Elshiekh's attorneys requested a two-year sentence, but prosecutors said she should receive six to seven years in prison. U.S. District Judge Earl Britt sentenced her to 3˝ years... Like Elshiekh, Shkumbin Sherifi sought a two-year sentence. Prosecutors agreed that he helped connect the dots for investigators in the case, but they asked for a five- to six-year sentence. Britt sentenced him to three years in prison.