806 users online (121 members and 685 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

PA - "Monster" Mom Gets 23 Months For Scalding Child

The DA called Theresa McNulty a monster and vowed she would be at any and all hearings regarding McNulty ever getting custody of her daughter again.

McNulty received 8 to 23 months prison time for the scalding of her daughter who she had adopted out of Russia in the name of love. McNulty waited two whole days before bringing her 3 year old to the hospital after the little one was scalded. Then it came to light that teachers, daycare workers, family and friends had all witnessed or reported the little girl had welts, bruises and cuts.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/my_town/w...29ec690e1.html

What a piddly little sentence.
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

I once poured boiling water on the top of my foot. I was carrying a pan of pasta from the stove to the sink to drain it, and one of the handles broke off. It was a big stock pot and it swung down and dumped all of that boiling water across my foot. The pain was incredible. It took my breath away, and then it made me scream. It hurt, badly, for days and days. I cried as I sat with it in ice water that night. And I am pretty dang tough.
    That being said...I cannot imagine what this sweet little girl endured over those 2 days between being scalded and getting treatment. She had to be in agony. I can't think of a better term than "monster" for this woman. To not only scald her but then to let her suffer for days....8 to 23 months is a slap in this little girl's face. How can anyone think this is justice?

What TF is wrong with PA?
    A guy here did something similar with a friend of his kids he was supposed to be watching and he got 24 years (he must serve 2/3 of that - 16 years).
    This kid was her daughter ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by buffetoflies View Post
    What TF is wrong with PA?
    A guy here did something similar with a friend of his kids he was supposed to be watching and he got 24 years (he must serve 2/3 of that - 16 years).
    This kid was her daughter ffs.
    Right? Guess that Judge up in Montco could explain it. Poor little kid.

I wonder if the leniency of the sentence has to do with the fact that the child was adopted from Russia. There have been quite a few cases of children adopted from Russia abused, and the parents almost always get a slap on the wrist. I can't help but wonder why.
    Just my opinion

I know that a lot of these children come from dismal orphanages and they are really dysfunctional kids-- it's not their fault. So they frequently are very problematic for their adoptive parents. There was one case where the parents actually sent the child back to Russia because they couldn't deal with his misbehavior.

There is no reason for abuse, though! Scalding a child? That's horrendous and unthinkable. The "mother" in this case looks mean!

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
    I know that a lot of these children come from dismal orphanages and they are really dysfunctional kids-- it's not their fault. So they frequently are very problematic for their adoptive parents. There was one case where the parents actually sent the child back to Russia because they couldn't deal with his misbehavior.

There is no reason for abuse, though! Scalding a child? That's horrendous and unthinkable. The "mother" in this case looks mean!
    there was a case where the 'mother' put the child on a plane back to Russia by himself with a note stating why she didn't want him anymore

these vulnerable children have already been through so much ... it's so sad

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    The child had to be put on a morphine drip for the pain caused by those burns, according to medical records.

O’Neill, who read a two-inch thick binder containing the child’s medical records, also pointed out that McNulty delayed getting care for her daughter in at least two instances when the child was injured.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/my_town/w...29ec690e1.html

[bbm]

I hope she never has contact with any children again.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbo View Post

Then these people should live the children in their "dismal orphanages." Nobody is forcing them to adopt the children. And the case you are talking about was a woman sending a 7 year old back to Russia with a note that she didn't want to parent him anymore. On a plane alone. Just like returning a purchase she didn't like. Again, no one is forcing these people to adopt children from Russia or anywhere else for that matter. And for them to complain that the children have problems-what exactly do they expect?
    Just my opinion