Libraries struggle with issue of Internet access and *advertiser censored*

Reader

Reaction score
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...-of-internet-access-and-*advertiser censored*

Libraries in Washington state are continuing to struggle with the issue of Internet access and *advertiser censored*.

In Seattle, the public library system is holding fast to unrestricted online access to adults despite complaints about men watching *advertiser censored* in very public settings. In Wenatchee, the North Central Regional Library is defending itself in a years-old lawsuit that says it has gone too far in its attempt to block *advertiser censored* and instead censors legitimate access for research, art and political activism..........

The district successfully defended its Internet filtering policy in the state Supreme Court two years ago, but the case is now in a federal court.

More at link...

Those internet filters are a little wonky sometimes. The one that came with the PC hubby bought last time blocked the access to the FBI missing persons site and the Charley Project because of "Discrimination, Drugs and Violence". :waitasec:

Since I posted the article I started thinking that instead of letting this happen:

complaints about men watching *advertiser censored* in very public settings.

Why not set aside a private section/room/area for the ones who are accessing *advertiser censored*? Would that work?

I'm sorry but no, not in a public library. You want to watch *advertiser censored* online do it at home or in an Internet cafe for adults only, ( remember the $.25 peep shows ), just because it's available doesn't mean you have a right to it. *advertiser censored* mags are legal, you can't read those at the library.

I'm sorry that is just too much.

I can see where we don't want gov't entities censoring our activities, but OTOH the library doesn't seem the place for *advertiser censored*, to me. I guess if it's going to be allowed, there need to be at least some computer screens that are turned toward the wall so that other library patrons who don't want to see it don't have to. But that still seems kind of like setting up special *advertiser censored* sections in the library when the computers should really be available to anyone.

Um....why would you want to watch *advertiser censored* in a public place? Do they start jerking off to it too?

Um....why would you want to watch *advertiser censored* in a public place? Do they start jerking off to it too?

I've seen it happen in a small internet cafe, so I'm sure being in a library wouldn't stop them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back