Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Investigation Discovery Disappeared Needs Your Stories

I have survived all the slings and arrows and live in a house filled with Love.

Investigation Discovery Disappeared Needs Your Stories

Looking for families and close friends of people who have disappeared
    for possible inclusion in Investigation Discovery show in its 5th
    season.

Disappeared follows real missing persons cases through the eyes of the
    families and investigators who work tirelessly to find these people.

We are looking for people willing to be interviewed on camera, to tell
    their story and all of the steps that have been taken in their search,
    as well as be willing to discuss their personal relationships with the
    missing person in order to help us tell the whole story. We're looking
    for unresolved cases and those that have been resolved and involved
    extensive searches.

If you would be willing to share your experience, please send an email
    to Erin at erin.browne@nbcuni.com

Please include:

Submitter name, contact phone, email address

Name of person who is/was missing, date they disappeared

Submitter relationship to missing person

Brief outline of known details. (When did the person disappear and what
    were the circumstances of their disappearance? Are there any thoughts as
    to what happened? What course has the investigation taken? What are the
    frustrations, hopes, and hardships your family may have encountered in
    the search? Are there any standout Investigators or organizations that
    have helped in your search?)

Please cut and paste any links to websites or news stories

[We will respond to emails as we can, and while we hope to respond to
    everyone who submits - depending on the amount of submissions, there may
    be a long delay and we may not be able to respond at all. Please keep in
    mind that not all stories will be a right fit for our series and that
    submission does not guarantee inclusion in the series.]
    `````````````````

JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY NIGHT FOR TRUE CRIME RADIO ON IHEART. CLICK HERE THURSDAYS 8 PM EASTERN FOR THE LINK TO THE SHOW AND TO JOIN OUR NEW CHATROOM.

FOR PAST IHEART SHOWS CLICK HERE

Join Websleuths on Twitter

Follow websleuths on Twitter

And Face Book of course
     | 

************************************************** **************************************

Tricia Griffith
    tgrif@xmission.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Tricia For This Useful Post:

I'm going to try to gather my friends and facts for Haleigh Cummings case to be put together. Most of us are falling apart, dealing with cancer, healing, or missing in action sadly, and they can provide good info though. I'm talking about a close friend to the family who is a member here who possibly has the strength to do this. I was with her through all of this as were others.

Round 'em up and herd 'em in!! It can be done and a truely worthy case to analize. Can they put Haleigh missing into a visual prospective? It would to me way out weigh the words that have been said online due to the lack of media coverage!

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:

I have been watching this show since season one and Maura Murray was covered. I hope they cover Brian Shaffer's story!
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PrayersForMaura For This Useful Post:

I would not know where to begin about naming missing people to be featured on this show, but it is not my call either. I have a loved one missing, but he was only 17 months old....
    I have watched every episode, and one bothered me a little bit, like it should have been replaced w/ a story that needed to be heard..........the one called the "Last Truck Stop" the one where the woman took off because she was fleeing from the law. The torture she put her family through...selfish, and I was so angry that this story was made into an episode when another family could have used that time to light up a missing loved ones story...
    I really do not mean to offend anyone by what I said here.
    I do believe that this show could be as helpful in it's own way compared to AMW....but please, just show stories of missing people! Not anything like this!
    I cannot believe it is in the 4th season! The years do fly by...Paige Birgfeld was the very first episode......
    Last edited by DeeMarieGK; 02-07-2012 at 01:09 AM. Reason: typo

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeeMarieGK For This Useful Post:

I think it would be great for them to do a piece on the Hailey Dunn case... more than anything, though, I would like to see perhaps an episode that covers Aliayah Lunsford.
    Kimbreeley
    My ramblings are purely my own opinions.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimbreeley For This Useful Post:

I am curious if they would be open to doing some kind of special like Suzanne Davis or Cheryl Ann Wick.

We dont know who they are or how they are missing, but they could focus on the investigations into the process of identifying them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to q64ceo For This Useful Post:

I'd like to see Haleigh Cumming's case covered, but I'm not a relative or anything, so guess they don't want to hear from me. I'd also like to see Kathy Stobaugh covered. Her estranged husband was convicted last year to 25 years for her murder, but her body still hasn't been found. Not any relation to her, either, so probably won't happen.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lanie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I'd like to see Haleigh Cumming's case covered, but I'm not a relative or anything, so guess they don't want to hear from me. I'd also like to see Kathy Stobaugh covered. Her estranged husband was convicted last year to 25 years for her murder, but her body still hasn't been found. Not any relation to her, either, so probably won't happen.
    I so very much understand how you feel... I am not family to my "pet cases" either.... but what do we do when the family doesn't step up to the plate? I, too, would like to see Haleigh Cummings case featured.... maybe together, we can get it done??? I, for one am more than willing to try, and I have tons of notes..... send me a message, and maybe we can get something done!!!! I'm sorry, but ALL children deserve better!!!!!
    Kimbreeley

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimbreeley For This Useful Post:

I really would think a story about Sharon Marshall could maybe help shed any light possible. Her sad case has haunted me, and just like many busts and sketches on the Doe Network, she calls my name and begs for help.......

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeeMarieGK For This Useful Post:

For those not familiar, here is just one take on it. It was so horrible, and at one point it got better, only to end up very frustrating and horrible again.
    http://aqua.hubpages.com/hub/Cold_Case_Sharon_Marshall
    Detectives Want to Know - Who Were Sharon Marshall and Michael Hughes?
    Detectives are trying to solve this cold case - maybe you can help.

Blonde, blue-eyed, beautiful and blessed with a bubbly personality - the quintessential girl next door. That was Sharon Marshall. She was also very intelligent, an avid reader near the top of her high school class, listed in Who's Who of American High School Students, a Lt. Colonel in the ROTC and she had earned a full scholarship to Georgia Tech University where she planned to study aerospace engineering. Sharon proudly graduated from high school in Forest Park, GA in 1986.

Only her name wasn't really Sharon Marshall - she didn't know what her real name was. Nor did she know who her parents were or even what day, month, year or in which city or state she was born. It is thought that Sharon was born sometime in the late 1960's although no one knows for sure because Sharon had been kidnapped when she was just a toddler, probably sometime between 1973-1975.

Franklin Delano Floyd, a psychopath, sexual predator and convicted felon, abducted and raised Sharon as his own daughter while posing as her ailing father, all the while sexually abusing her from a very young age. Floyd would later claim that he had "rescued" Sharon when she was unwanted and abandoned by her biological parents.

The first known public record of Sharon exists in 1975 in an Oklahoma City school where she was registered under the alias "Suzanne Davis".

SUZANNE DAVIS - 1975

"Suzanne Davis"
    Sharon's good natured personality and good grades ultimately worked against her. Although she had few friends and sometimes dressed inappropriately, no one was suspicious of the young lady who had to be home by 4:30 p.m. everyday to help her sick father or wondered why she moved so often that she was in the fourth school in a single year during her high school career. If anyone did get curious and questioned her about the whereabouts of her mother, Sharon would explain that when she was a young girl her mother had died of cancer or she was known to tell others, her mother had died in a fatal car accident. When the questions became too probing or intense Floyd and Sharon would pick up and move to places like Oklahoma City, Louisville, Atlanta, Phoenix, Tampa, New Orleans and Tulsa.

It is known that upon her graduation Sharon moved to Phoenix, AZ. Sometime during the next couple of years Floyd and Sharon moved to Tampa, FL where she gave birth to a baby boy on March 21, 1988 using the alias "Tonya Dawn Tadlock". She subsequently named the baby Michael Anthony Hughes and it is thought she used the last name Hughes because at the time, Floyd was using the aliases Charles Hughes and Clarence Marcus Hughes although, he also used many other aliases over the span of his criminal career. The natural assumption is that Floyd was Michael's biological father, however, this theory was disproved with DNA test results in the 1990's.

Sharon Marshall & Michael Hughes

Sharon Marshall

Michael Hughes
    Franklin Delano Floyd

Floyd in the 70's

Floyd in 2002

DEATH ROW - Current Mug Shot
    During this time period, Sharon began to work as an exotic dancer, her dreams of studying aerospace engineering by now a distant memory. Sharon made friends with Cheryl Ann Commesso, 19, an exotic dancer who worked at the same club. Cheryl was beaten and killed by two shots to the back of the head in 1989. She was dumped along Florida Interstate 275 and for a long time was known simply as "Jane Doe I-275". Soon after, Floyd and Sharon left Florida and shortly after that, the trailor they had occupied burned to the ground.

In yet another twist to this stranger than fiction story, Sharon and Floyd were married in 1989 in New Orleans under the aliases Clarence Marcus Hughes and Tonya Dawn Tadlock. Floyd and Sharon, along with Michael, then headed to Oklahoma.

In April of 1990 Sharon was killed in a suspicious hit and run accident while both she and Floyd were being sought in connection with Cheryl Ann Commesso's murder investigation. Floyd remains the primary suspect in the hit and run that killed his daughter/wife.

After his mother's death, when DNA test results proved conclusively that Floyd was not Michael's biological father, Floyds visitation rights were terminated and Michael was put into foster care. His foster parents, who had begun formal adoption proceedings, reported that when he first came to them Michael was non-verbal, had limited muscle control and often exhibited hysterical behavior. While in their care, however, Michael apparently made great progress.

In the final twist to this bizarre and sad story, Michael was kidnapped by Floyd from Indian Meridian Elementary School in Choctaw, OK on September 12, 1994. He held school officials at gunpoint and forced Michael and the school principal into the principal's pick-up truck. Eventually Floyd let the principal go, basically unharmed but traumatized, tied to a tree. Young Michael was never seen again.

Floyd was arrested two months later in Kentucky where he steadfastedly refused to give any information as to Michael's whereabouts. Floyd claimed Michael was out of the country or possibly in the Atlanta, GA area. However, multiple witnesses have come forward saying Floyd confessed to them that he murdered Michael by drowning him in a bathtub, somewhere in the Atlanta area. Still other witnesses say they saw Floyd bury Michael's' body in a grave. Floyd was tried and sentenced to 55 yrs in prison for Michael's kidnapping.

Some time later, a mechanic working on Floyd's old pick-up truck, which had been auctioned, discovered a multitude of photos wedged over the gas tank. The explicit photographs clearly proved Sharon had been subjected to sexual abuse her entire life. In addition, photos showing Cheryl Ann Commesso beaten and bound and sitting on the sofa in Floyd's old trailor in Florida, were discovered along with photos of other females. These photographs were used as evidence against Floyd in the Commesso murder trial in 2002 where he was later convicted and sent to death row.

After Sharon's death, upon further investigation into Floyd's background, investigators learned that he was a career criminal who had first been arrested at the age of 17 in a gunfight with law enforcement during a burglary. Floyd was also arrested for abducting and raping a young woman at a bowling alley in 1962. All told, Floyd has admitted to convicting at least 19 felonies.

Floyd has not been convicted of either Sharon or Michael's murders but is still under investigation for both crimes. He has a documented history of schizophrenia, was raised by two alcoholic parents and at some point was turned over to an orphanage by his mother who never came back to retrieve him. Floyd's defense attorneys presented these facts in his defense at his trials in an attempt to solicit sympathy from the juries.

Franklin Delano Floyd now sits on death row at the Union Correctional Institution in Raiford, FL.

Sadly, Michael Hughes has never been located and is presumed dead. His mother "Sharon Marshall" still remains unidentified and is buried in Choctaw, OK.

Court TV Profile on the Sharon Marshall, Franklin Delano Floyd Cold Case

Known aliases:

Sharon Marshall (most commonly used alias)
    Suzanne Davis (mostly when she was a young child)
    Tonya Hughes
    Tonya Dawn Tadlock
    Known Aliases:

Charles Hughes
    Clarence Marcus Hughes
    Trenton Davis
    Warren Judson Marshall
    Preston Morgan
    Kingfish Floyd
    If you have any information about Michael or Sharon, please contact the Choctaw, OK Police Department or the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

MORE ABOUT SHARON'S STORY
    If you found this case interesting and would like to learn more about Sharon and Michael and this fascinating case, I highly recommend author Matt Birkbeck's terrific book " A Beautiful Child". It's one of the best true crime stories I have ever read. Warning: once you pick it up, you won't be able to put it down until you've finished reading it!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeeMarieGK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbreeley View Post
    I so very much understand how you feel... I am not family to my "pet cases" either.... but what do we do when the family doesn't step up to the plate? I, too, would like to see Haleigh Cummings case featured.... maybe together, we can get it done??? I, for one am more than willing to try, and I have tons of notes..... send me a message, and maybe we can get something done!!!! I'm sorry, but ALL children deserve better!!!!!
    I would like to see this too. All we really know is what Nancy Grace's take on it.
    Sadly, Art Harris photoshopped pics of Haleigh and Jr along w/ Crystal and that is why Crystal Sheffield's lawyer was fired, and Art Harris is no longer asked to do interviews. There are so many layers to this case.....I would love to see it from A, B, C, and so forth. Not all jumbled up!
    One thing really gets me though.....I really thought Misty Croslin would have folded by now.........

22. The Following User Says Thank You to DeeMarieGK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DeeMarieGK View Post
    I would like to see this too. All we really know is what Nancy Grace's take on it.
    Sadly, Art Harris photoshopped pics of Haleigh and Jr along w/ Crystal and that is why Crystal Sheffield's lawyer was fired, and Art Harris is no longer asked to do interviews. There are so many layers to this case.....I would love to see it from A, B, C, and so forth. Not all jumbled up!
    One thing really gets me though.....I really thought Misty Croslin would have folded by now.........
    That gets me, too, Misty not talking... it's utterly amazing that a bunch of kids have somehow outsmarted all LE in that area... but like you said, there are many layers to this story....
    Kimbreeley

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimbreeley For This Useful Post:

I live near Cleveland and would like to see an episode on the stories of three missing Cleveland teens Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, and Ashley Summers. These girls all disappeared within the same area, over a span of 4 years. I know that many of the residents in NE Ohio think the cases of these girls seem to be related, given the similarities amongst them.
    I'm not in any way related to or acquainted with them or any of their families, I'm just hoping that perhaps someone who is will respond to Discovery ID's request for new submissions. I have not heard much about these cases lately, and think that they should be kept in the forefront of the public eye in order to be solved.

Mel

26. The Following User Says Thank You to mfena0720 For This Useful Post:

I would like to see a show on Teresa Butler missing since 2006 from MO.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseRed For This Useful Post:

Are you looking for Canadian Missing Stories as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Gator View Post
    Are you looking for Canadian Missing Stories as well?
    They should start. It is North America as well.

I'd like to see a story about Rachel Good, missing from Elkton VA. She was pregnant (with a married police officer's baby) at the time she disappeared. Somehow he was allowed to work the investigation. It's all very sketchy and needs to be covered! I'm sure her dad would be willing. I don't know him personally, but am willing to reach out to him! (I only live 30 minutes from where she lived).

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Eclipse33 For This Useful Post:

I would love to see this missing family of 4 covered:
    Karen Burger, 57, was reported missing, and further police probing found that her daughter Christina Thompson, her son-in-law Allen Hilgefort and her two-year-old grandson Wyatt Hilgefort had also disappeared.

I would also love to see Bianca Piper's case covered. I have had dreams about this poor little girl.

More:
    Leanna Warner
    Sabrina Fair Llorens Allen
    Jason Jolkowski
    John and Elizabeth Calvert
    Tiffany Sessions
    Branson Perry

34. The Following User Says Thank You to White Rain For This Useful Post:

JOE HELT- MISSING 25 YEARS

I emailed Erin Browne to see if they would consider the case of Joe Helt, who has been missing since 1/16/1987. Joe was my classmate in HS when he disappeared. He was just 17 years old. Erin said that they generally only cover cases that are no more than 10 years old. But she's submitting Joe's case for consideration and while she told us not get our hopes up, she did say that we should call her back in a few months to see if they will cover Joe's story.

I think it's terrible that they only "cover stories that are no more than 10 years old." Older cases NEED attention!!! We are hopeful that Erin is able to get approval to cover Joe's story.

Joe left a party that night with three individuals, all of whom made it home safely that night, but Joe was never seen again. One of the three later admitted that the story of their "car getting stuck" was a complete fabrication. Someone keeps ripping down Joe's missing posters for more than a year now all over town! People have come forward with damning information against the three, but they've all changed their stories after investigators question them...even after they tell their story to the PI working with Joe's family!

Joe's info was NEVER added to the NCMEC or the NYS Police list of Missing Persons for 23 YEARS! This is just one of many mis-steps in his case.

So PLEASE "Disappeared" do a story on JOE HELT!

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to forjoe For This Useful Post:

Whomever they choose to do a story on, I hope they''ll do away with the jiggling still frames, people walking like a speedy Charlie Chaplin plus flashing ethereal lights, all of which makes me turn the channel. IMO, true crime is serious and not a mode for expressing the artsy side of television production.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BOESP For This Useful Post:

This one bothers me as I felt it was connected to other mutilation cases at the time but stopped at a dead end. This young woman didn't live far from our family at the time. I'm not seeing justice yet.

link

What I'd give - My Sister's Murder Unsolved

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KrZKiuy0I4"]What I'd give - My Sister's Murder Unsolved - YouTube[/ame]

Info: Sister

I wrote this song for my sister Diana Vicari three months after her arms were found in a dumpster.
    http://www.myspace.com/whokilleddianavicari

I find this case scarier than anything. Just like now we see of Zahra, Alianha, etc...it's getting worse imo

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:

They should do a cold case special. Or in my case, a freezing cold case special. I wish someone would do something on the missing Sodder children from WV in 1945. As old as that case is, I believe that there has to be someone out there who knows something.

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ravenclaw For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenclaw View Post
    They should do a cold case special. Or in my case, a freezing cold case special. I wish someone would do something on the missing Sodder children from WV in 1945. As old as that case is, I believe that there has to be someone out there who knows something.
    This case is dear to my heart as well.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to White Rain For This Useful Post:

Do Disappeared ever do International cases? Or just American ones?

I mean, the show is on the ID Channel, which people all over the UK and Ireland have access to. Just wondering if it would ever go there....

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Galbin For This Useful Post:

I've written to Erin asking to do a cold-case on my COUSIN Michelle Houchman disappeared in 1982 with her family, Sol, Elaine, and brother Mitchell Salomon from Northridge, CA home. It's in connection with a car import business and 3 other disappearances in the same time frame. It's believed that the murderers (2) disposed of their remains in the Palmdale Desert Wells. Last info on the case was shortly before the lead Det. Death in 2001 when LAPD sent men down into the wells to look around for evidence. Nothing found. Her father is still alive and can give support to DNA if it was truly her blood in the house. There were just so many questions as to the particulars on the case. I as a family member am requesting it be investigated.

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uptowntrb For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast