1007 users online (204 members and 803 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NY - Judy Burr, 67, Niagara Falls, 3 February 2012

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/154...Elderly-Woman-

NIAGARA FALLS, NY - Niagara Falls Police are searching for an elderly woman that went missing around noon Friday.

Police say 67-year-old Judy Burr was last seen by her husband around 12:30 p.m. Mr. Burr called their house around 4:30 p.m. and left a message on the answering machine. When he returned home, the message hadn't been checked and Mrs. Burr was not home.

Mr. Burr started calling friends and family but no one knew of her whereabouts.

Mrs. Burr's vehicle was located in the parking lot of the Niagara Falls Senior Citizens Facility on Colvin Boulevard.

She is described as a white female, 135 pounds, 5'8", short brown hair and blue eyes with glasses. She was wearing a green jacket and blue jeans.

Anyone with information is asked to call Niagara Falls Police at 286-4711.
    I changed my avatar.

http://www.wkbw.com/news/Missing-Wom...138725829.html

Police found her car parked at the Niagara Falls Senior Citizens Facility on Colvin Boulevard, only 500 feet from her home.
    Burr's husband says it's strange that her car was found there because she doesn't attend that center.
    Her purse, wallet, and cell phone were also found inside the car.

http://niagara-gazette.com/local/x31...-missing-woman

Her car was found parked with the doors locked at a nearby senior citizen center.

Police said her purse containing her wallet, cash, cell phone, identification and personal items was inside the car. No keys were found inside.

A search of the senior center and Love Canal area was unsuccessful. Several officers and firefighters reported to the scene and a Niagara County Sheriff’s Office helicopter assisted.

A K-9 unit was also called in to search and the bloodhound was apparently able to track the woman’s scent for a few blocks before circling back to her home.

The husband told police his wife not being home at night was very unlike her and she usually goes to bed early.

No news on her. It is odd that her car is parked near her house, with her things in there and that the dogs found her scent going back to her house...

http://niagara-gazette.com/policerep...ublished-Feb-6

In the comments section there is information about a search for her in the nearby woods on Wednesday.

http://www.wgrz.com/comments/154055/...Elderly-Woman-

I am local to the area and a websleuths member. There is a search planned for 9am tomorrow morning in a wooded area near where her car was found. I am very familiar with this neighborhood and it is a "good" area. Our local little league organization has many baseball dimaonds in the immediate area and it is otherwise residential. The local paper didnt make it clear that the dog was able to track her scent and then circled back around to her home probably because it was such a short distance to where her car was found. It doesnt mean that she herself went back to the house after exiting her vehicle (although she could have). This is so perplexing and upsetting. Many of us will be searching in the morning and donating warm beverages etc....If the mods need to verify me as a local Im happy to answer any questions. Please circulate to as many people as possible as all indications are that she isnt the type of woman to wander away or "disappear" herself. Thoughts and prayers to the family for her safe return!

Hi lynmaree, and thank you so much for helping with the search! I join you in good thoughts and prayers for the safe return of Judy.

If you are not posting any "inside" information in the case, but just information and support like you have above, you do not need to be verified.

Thanks for asking.

Good luck tomorrow!

No new developments over night. Search begins at 9am. Hoping at least some evidence is found to point authorities in the right direction. Prayers for a quick, posictive resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by lynmaree View Post
    No new developments over night. Search begins at 9am. Hoping at least some evidence is found to point authorities in the right direction. Prayers for a quick, posictive resolution.
    Thank you lynmaree for helping with the search. I keep looking for updates and am hoping that she is found safe. It is strange that her car is parked 500ft from her house. Do they know any other details other than in the brief articles. Was she planning on seeing anyone that day?

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/s...ng-falls-woman

"Search party for missing Falls woman
    Published : Wednesday, 08 Feb 2012, 7:06 AM EST

NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WIVB) - Five days have passed and there's still no sign of 67-year-old Judith Burr.

Wednesday, friends and family will be organizing a search party for the missing Niagara Falls woman.

They'll be meeting at 9 a.m. at 102nd Street and Colvin Boulevard, in Niagara Falls.

Burr was last seen Friday afternoon. Her car was discovered with her purse locked inside, parked near a Niagara Falls Senior Center. At this point police do not suspect foul play.

If you have any information, call police at 286-4711."
    I changed my avatar.

Sad news..Mrs Burr was found in this mornings search deceased. So frustrated wondering why this close area wasnt seached Friday???? The outcome may have been very different! Prayers and deepest condolences to her family.

horrible news. but thank you lynmaree for the update.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/s...ng-womans-body
    "NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. (WIVB) - Niagara Falls Police say a missing Niagara Falls woman has been found dead, Wednesday morning.

The body of 67-year-old Judith Burr was found five minutes into an organized search party, Wednesday morning. At least 100 friends, family members and firefighters were at the search location to help.

Burr was last seen Friday afternoon. Her car was discovered with her purse locked inside, parked near a Niagara Falls Senior Center. Her body was found three blocks from where her car was located.

Police say it is unclear how Burr died.

News 4 will bring you more information, as it becomes available."
    I changed my avatar.

Oh my goodness, she was found so close. Poor Judy...what must have happened?

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/comm...icle725432.ece

"It was an area not searched, since it was too dense," Burr said of the plans for today, his voice emotional as he detailed what they have been doing since Friday.

So it would seem if it were dense brush then she wouldn't have travelled there by herself? I thought she might have gone for a walk.

Hmmm, I'm finding this case very strange. Judy left her car only a short distance from her house. Why wouldn't she have walked? IMO this doesn't come across as an accidental or natural death. I would think suicide, but usually there is some prior depression. Will have to see if more information comes out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast