WI - Suicide's body undiscovered in own home FOUR YEARS before found by repossessor

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Man's body lays undiscovered in home for FOUR YEARS after suicide -
and is only discovered by realtor who came to repossess house
(Mail on Sunday)
A man's body has been found in his home after it lay undiscovered there for four years following his suicide.

David Carter, who neighbours said was well-liked, told friends he was moving from his home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin to New Mexico in 2007.

A real estate worker who went into his suburban home to repossess it last week - after bank officials finally realised he hadn't paid the bill for four years - and found his remains.

He is believed to have shot himself with a handgun
---
much more, including pictures, at link above

Another article. This one say's the city claimed the house due to the property taxes not being paid. Which is a little more believable than the bank not noticing the morgage was not being paid for four years.

I wonder who was taking care of the lawn and snow removal. After four years the place had to look pretty bad. Mail piling up outside must not have alarmed anyone, not even the postman.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/201...shot-wound-unpaid-property-taxes-generous-man

The shocking discovery of David Carter's remains came in January after his West Allis house was handed over to the city because of unpaid property taxes, according to the Journal Sentinel newspaper.

Oh man, he even went to school in that town... that's just too sad for words. I feel awful for the young daughter, what a horrible circumstance to carry forward into her adulthood. I hope she gets some counseling, even if she thinks she doesn't need it. :cry:

Another article. This one say's the city claimed the house due to the property taxes not being paid. Which is a little more believable than the bank not noticing the morgage was not being paid for four years.

I wonder who was taking care of the lawn and snow removal. After four years the place had to look pretty bad. Mail piling up outside must not have alarmed anyone, not even the postman.

The 1st article mentions the city was taking care of the lawn and snow removal. They sent him a bill for $37,000 !

I guess I should have looked at the first article closer. According to the caption on one of the pictures it said the city took care of the lawn and snow. Totaling a bill of $37,000.00.

From what I have read Milwaukee is one of the poorest cities in the nation. Well maybe if they collected their taxes and other bills owed they wouldn't have these problems. You would surly think an investigation into how the city conducts it affairs will be done after the discovery of this mans body and the fact that his property taxes and bills for caring for his lawn and snow removal were left to go on for four years.

In one story I read an alderman was claiming that the city couldn't afford to hire or pay for more police officers. But crimes like the gang-rape of an 11 year old girl by as many as 19 men are going on.

You wouldn't think this is an isolated incident and their are many properties that the taxes are not being collected on. Perhaps if the city collected on their outstanding bills they could afford more police which would in turn curb crime.

JMO

Unexpected: The city of Milwaukee mowed his lawn and shovelled his snow since he went missing, and sent bills totalling $37,000 for the services that went unpaid

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ee-home-FOUR-YEARS-suicide.html#ixzz1mYvrYFVR

Milwaukee’s Rank as 4th Poorest City in Nation Comes Amidst Concerns Over City’s Schools, Public Safety

http://maciverinstitute.com/2010/09...st-concerns-over-citys-schools-public-safety/

It's as if Milwaukee, Wis., had reverted to a state of lethal chaos. A Special Olympian is killed for his wallet as he waits for a bus. An 11-year-old girl is gang-raped by as many as 19 men. A woman is strangled, her body found burning in a city-owned garbage cart. Twenty-eight people are shot, four fatally, over a holiday weekend.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1565527,00.html#ixzz1mYzO1LT3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back