1252 users online (283 members and 969 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 128
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,980

    Bug bite or ear infection?

    DB and JI first gave this description, via LE, of Lisa when she vanished October 4, 2011:

    "Lisa Irwin is 10 months old. She is a little short of three feet tall, weighs about 30 pounds, has blue eyes and blond hair, two bottom teeth, a beauty mark on her right outer thigh and a small bug bite under her left ear."

    DB said Lisa had a cold with a cough when she disappeared. Now DB, as of 2/4/2012, says Lisa had an earache as well - news to all of us who follow the case.

    What do you give an adult or a child who has been bitten by an insect (if irritated)? Sometimes, Benedryl. The bite may have been bothering Lisa, rubbing and scratching at it - making it turn red and angry. Did one of the kids mention this to LE? Is this maybe where the new "earache" information is coming from?

    What sort of insect was it? Bee, spider, or wasp? All three would explain one bite. Mosquitoes notoriously bite over and over - so mentioning just one bite would be odd.

    The addition of the earache just keeps bugging me. Babies cry at night with earaches - someone would have heard her crying....no one said they did.

    IMO, only a sedated baby doesn't make a sound for hours and hours... including going through an abduction. When they are sick and coughing with a cold and have an earache, they make noise, they whine, they cry. Deborah said Lisa was rubbing her eyes and fussy - so she put her down for the night - and like magic she was out like a light. Hard to buy, IMO.

    Babysitters and day cares have been convicted of accidentally overdosing babies on benedryl while trying to quiet them. More is better theory.

    All JMO.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    32
    only a sedated baby doesn't make a sound for hours and hours...
    Or a baby that was shaken/beaten to death because a parent snapped and couldn't take her crying and fussiness anymore.

    I tend to think it's one of the two.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Bunny View Post
    Or a baby that was shaken/beaten to death because a parent snapped and couldn't take her crying and fussiness anymore.

    I tend to think it's one of the two.
    While I agree, I tend to think there would have been a lot of noise were this the case. I would love to know what the boys had to say about that night.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,230
    IMO I don't think there was enough noise and commotion for the boys to know anything that night. It's also hard for me to theorize that DB went into a rage when there has been nothing to indicate (from her own behavior and what others say of her) that she is prone to anger. I bet those kind of questions were asked of the boys as well (how mad does mommy get, etc).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,980
    Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    IMO I don't think there was enough noise and commotion for the boys to know anything that night. It's also hard for me to theorize that DB went into a rage when there has been nothing to indicate (from her own behavior and what others say of her) that she is prone to anger. I bet those kind of questions were asked of the boys as well (how mad does mommy get, etc).
    It's like Lisa went silent at 6:40, or whatever time DB actually put her to bed.. SB and DB were on the stoop until 10:30, part of that time with the other SB - and he said DB never checked on Lisa.

    As far as her feeling guilty for being drunk because she might have heard something sober - the boys were sober....did they hear anything? Seems all they heard were "clicking" sounds.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,230
    Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    It's like Lisa went silent at 6:40, or whatever time DB actually put her to bed.. SB and DB were on the stoop until 10:30, part of that time with the other SB - and he said DB never checked on Lisa.

    As far as her feeling guilty for being drunk because she might have heard something sober - the boys were sober....did they hear anything? Seems all they heard were "clicking" sounds.
    There is nothing scientific about it, but I think kids in general sleep more soundly than adults. I know there are many instances where a storm at night will wake me up but not my daughter. One thing we absolutely don't know is what exactly was going on in the house while DB was outside? Was any sound coming out of BL's room? Was the door closed to BL's room? Did any of the kids walk by BL's room and notice her. That information is a huge hole in the story and it's probably something we'll never find out unless LE releases that info (doubtful since it's info that's coming from minors).

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,380
    The only thing that confuses me about the ear infection is why that wasn't released earlier if it's true. If BL was really taken by an intruder you would think that her having an ear infection would be important. You would want to alert medical workers, etc in case the abductor took her somewhere for treatment. . .or even just bought something OTC at a drug store. So it makes me wonder. . .
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,250
    The parents of a missing child with an ear infection might want to plead for the abductor to return the child so she can get the treatment she needs. Was she on antibiotics for the ear infection? Had a check-up been scheduled?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    The parents of a missing child with an ear infection might want to plead for the abductor to return the child so she can get the treatment she needs. Was she on antibiotics for the ear infection? Had a check-up been scheduled?
    Or at least tell kidnapper that the child needs treatment for an ear infection. As far as I can tell we were never informed up until Dr. Phils' interview that Lisa even had the ear infection. Just seems like something parents would have wanted the kidnapper to know, especially if they actually believe that kidnapper took the child not to hurt the child (which is what DB said on Dr. Phil). So why didn't they up until now?
    Just my opinion

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    The parents of a missing child with an ear infection might want to plead for the abductor to return the child so she can get the treatment she needs. Was she on antibiotics for the ear infection? Had a check-up been scheduled?
    It was mention that she was 'clearing' an ear infection. She didn't mention anything about BL being on medication though, even during the Dr. P interview. I would think LE would had asked her if BL was on any medications and I'm not sure what would be the motivation to hide that information from LE. It's possible that LE knew BL had one though.

    If she was on medication, that's a pretty simple thing to check to see if she was taken to the doctor, no? Or do HIPAA privacy laws take effect there?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    228
    I can't remember Debbie's exact words concerning the ear infection, but gave me the impression Lisa had cleared the infection.
    My grandbaby was recently treated for an ear infection, she recieved a 1 time antibiotic shot. Worked great, a few days later she was fine. She's a little older than Lisa, so don't know if it's used on a 10 month old. However could be the reason medication was not mentioned, or perhaps she had finished her antibiotics.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ol Me View Post
    I can't remember Debbie's exact words concerning the ear infection, but gave me the impression Lisa had cleared the infection.
    My grandbaby was recently treated for an ear infection, she recieved a 1 time antibiotic shot. Worked great, a few days later she was fine. She's a little older than Lisa, so don't know if it's used on a 10 month old. However could be the reason medication was not mentioned, or perhaps she had finished her antibiotics.
    She said she had an ear infection. I don't know whether or not she was on medication, DB didn't say.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,980
    Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    It was mention that she was 'clearing' an ear infection. She didn't mention anything about BL being on medication though, even during the Dr. P interview. I would think LE would had asked her if BL was on any medications and I'm not sure what would be the motivation to hide that information from LE. It's possible that LE knew BL had one though.

    If she was on medication, that's a pretty simple thing to check to see if she was taken to the doctor, no? Or do HIPAA privacy laws take effect there?
    She still had an ear infection. Clearing means it's still there - so she must have been on medication to be "clearing" it. Why wouldn't DB mention this to the abductor.

    It would kill me to know my baby was sick and suffering, and from the news reports, cold on top of it. I'd be begging the abductor to keep her warm and to please consider she needs meds.

    Nothing of the sort came from DB.

    Just like with the Ryan Brunn case (as we see in video), LE knows a lot more than they are telling. Even if they found an empty benedryl package by her bed it wouldn't prove a thing.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,230
    Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    She still had an ear infection. Clearing means it's still there - so she must have been on medication to be "clearing" it. Why wouldn't DB mention this to the abductor.

    It would kill me to know my baby was sick and suffering, and from the news reports, cold on top of it. I'd be begging the abductor to keep her warm and to please consider she needs meds.

    Nothing of the sort came from DB.

    Just like with the Ryan Brunn case (as we see in video), LE knows a lot more than they are telling. Even if they found an empty benedryl package by her bed it wouldn't prove a thing.
    That's why I mentioned if LE would be able to cross check with a doctor if BL has seen one for an ear infection and prescribed an antibiotic. Note though that not all antibiotics are taken for long periods of time, some are only for a few days (like say 5-7 days).

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,012
    Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    That's why I mentioned if LE would be able to cross check with a doctor if BL has seen one for an ear infection and prescribed an antibiotic. Note though that not all antibiotics are taken for long periods of time, some are only for a few days (like say 5-7 days).
    I'm sure LE would be able to check, they may have already. Yet another thing that is left to speculation. However, I have to add I really don't see the relevance. Why would they specifically state on the Amber Alert that Lisa had a cold and cough but purposely omit the fact of the ear infection? Seriously? I don't know what "nerfarious" purpose this would serve. I am puzzled.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast