1066 users online (171 members and 895 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 60
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    4,663

    "Mommy was in the trunk" - what the boys said and when

    http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powell...4#.TzAACcjCaSo

    Attorney Steve Downing told the Associated Press that Braden and Charles Powell, who were 2 and 4 at the time of Susan Powell's disappearance, were beginning to tell their grandparents details about the night that their father took them on a late-night camping trip during a blizzard, including the fact that their mother disappeared after leaving in the car with their father.

    "They were beginning to verbalize more," Downing said. "The oldest boy talked about that they went camping and that mommy was in the trunk. Mom and dad got out of the car and mom disappeared."
    *************************************

    If the van didn't have a trunk, did the child mean the back part of the van - or could another car be involved?

    Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,807
    How could the judge not realize what a dangerous situation this was?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    21,583
    I hope more information will be revealed from the LE/family now that this tragic event occured.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules71 View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powell...4#.TzAACcjCaSo

    Attorney Steve Downing told the Associated Press that Braden and Charles Powell, who were 2 and 4 at the time of Susan Powell's disappearance, were beginning to tell their grandparents details about the night that their father took them on a late-night camping trip during a blizzard, including the fact that their mother disappeared after leaving in the car with their father.

    "They were beginning to verbalize more," Downing said. "The oldest boy talked about that they went camping and that mommy was in the trunk. Mom and dad got out of the car and mom disappeared."
    *************************************

    If the van didn't have a trunk, did the child mean the back part of the van - or could another car be involved?
    That's what I'd like to know, too!! Was there another car? Didn't the police confiscate the van and go through it looking for evidence? Cadaver dogs can hit on a body having been somewhere -- didn't they bring cadaver dogs to the van? And if they took the van and there was another car, why did Josh have to rent a car? Or did it do that thinking the poice wouldn't know -- which the donkeys didn't because they didn't tail his sorry butt the next day and had to rely on the car rental place to realize he had rented a car there.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,158
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...e-their-deaths

    "They were beginning to verbalize more," Downing said. "The oldest boy talked about that they went camping and that mommy was in the trunk. Mom and dad got out of the car and mom disappeared."

    OMG those poor boys.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    between black and white
    Posts
    1,063
    Then it says they both got out of the car. It sounds to me like she was alive. Josh said he didn't kill her. This wording also implies he left her somewhere to die.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    4,663
    Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...e-their-deaths

    "They were beginning to verbalize more," Downing said. "The oldest boy talked about that they went camping and that mommy was in the trunk. Mom and dad got out of the car and mom disappeared."

    OMG those poor boys.
    I wondered about the part that said Mom AND Dad got out of the car. That part wasn't quoted, so I am not sure about it. Maybe she was alive in the back of the car and they both got out and that is why no cadaver dogs hit on the vehicle (speculation - I don't remember if they actually brought cadaver dogs to the van).

    ETA: Plus add this to the comment we heard earlier about Mommy being in the mine looking for crystals.

    Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25,216
    I think its very hard to make a legal case on just what small children have told, especially if they haven't been saying that from the beginning. So I doubt this alone would have led to arrest.
    I don't know what other evidence police have and if they had to move so slow. Sounds like they were working toward arrest but totally unclear when and if it would have happened.
    Just my opinion

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    6,243
    "Mom and dad got out of the car and mom disappeared."

    This bolsters the theory that the <modsnip> drugged her and left her out in the elements to die on the cold night.
    Last edited by Salem; 02-06-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: I understand, but no name calling please. Just use his initials so you don't have to say his name if you like.

    ****
    http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    ****
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

    www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    ****
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    27,332
    Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...e-their-deaths

    "They were beginning to verbalize more," Downing said. "The oldest boy talked about that they went camping and that mommy was in the trunk. Mom and dad got out of the car and mom disappeared."

    OMG those poor boys.
    did Steve Powell have car???
    Did he plan and help Josh?
    Follow behind Josh in his car?
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........


  11. #11
    Blue_Dolphin308's Avatar
    Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Allentown PA
    Posts
    3,397
    Josh used a rental car not to long after the disappearance and put on a thousand plus miles..
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    27,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules71 View Post
    I wondered about the part that said Mom AND Dad got out of the car. That part wasn't quoted, so I am not sure about it. Maybe she was alive in the back of the car and they both got out and that is why no cadaver dogs hit on the vehicle (speculation - I don't remember if they actually brought cadaver dogs to the van).

    ETA: Plus add this to the comment we heard earlier about Mommy being in the mine looking for crystals.
    BBM, yes, the oldest son said that from the beginning IIRC
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sandy, UT
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by grayjay View Post
    Then it says they both got out of the car. It sounds to me like she was alive. Josh said he didn't kill her. This wording also implies he left her somewhere to die.
    I have wondered about that too. In Josh's sick mind it might justify saying he didn't hurt her, if he just left her somewhere in a drugged (maybe the carpet spot was vomit), bound state of some kind. Then he could have gone back a few days later with the rental car to 1. make sure she was actually dead and 2. dispose of the body.

    The thing that bugs me about this theory is that JP strikes me as the type who wants things tidy. Would he have left her out there alive? I don't think so. Seems he would've been too worried she'd survive somehow, however unlikely that might have been. He would have needed to be sure she was very near death, then perhaps he took her out and then waited for her to die or did something else to her once he got her out of the car.

    What a sick, twisted, emotionless human being, if you can call him human.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by grayjay View Post
    Then it says they both got out of the car. It sounds to me like she was alive. Josh said he didn't kill her. This wording also implies he left her somewhere to die.
    I think kids get words mixed up sometimes, I don't know. The eldest said she was in the trunk and Josh probably told them Mommy wanted to ride in the trunk to lay down or something. So he had to make them think nothing was wrong so he had them think she was alive and that he would open the trunk so mommy could get out and go for a walk with him. Just guessing, though.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    577
    Yeah cause the theory that she was alive in the car doesn't take into account the wet floor in the home and the fan blowing on it, right?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Finding of the new "Mommy Gene"
    By peeples in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 07:28 PM
  2. Florida: Johnny Can't Read? Mommy Gets An "F"
    By Reader in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 12:16 PM
  3. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:11 AM

Tags for this Thread