What one thing made you sure of her guilt or innocence?

benelly

Reaction score
I have started reading over the transcripts and I noticed that many of those that deem her guilty usually respond to those with doubts with "just READ the transcripts!!" So, what is it in the transcripts (for you) that makes you think guilty and if you read them and still think innocent, what makes you think that?

Just curious here (I, for one, think she is absolutely guilty, and I haven't finished reading the transcripts yet.)

I have started reading over the transcripts and I noticed that many of those that deem her guilty usually respond to those with doubts with "just READ the transcripts!!" So, what is it in the transcripts (for you) that makes you think guilty and if you read them and still think innocent, what makes you think that?

Just curious here (I, for one, think she is absolutely guilty, and I haven't finished reading the transcripts yet.)

The blood evidence convinces me of her guilt. All of it from the cast-off blood from both boys on her nightshirt to the clean up at the kitchen sink, the lack of blood where there should be blood and blood where there shouldn't be. Once you know the blood evidence, there is no way to give her an out.

Pay particular attention to her testimony and Darin's. Read Linch's and Cron's testimony carefully. Read the blood expert Bevel's testimony. Read the medical staff testimony where it proves the photos of her bruises and all her injuries were discussed and shown to the jury.

I was just looking for the transcripts online. Do either of you have a link?

Thanks

I forgot to add that before I started checking out the transcripts, I listened to the 911 call over and over. The first time I heard it, I felt very strongly that she was guilty. It sounds so fake to me. One of the most telling parts in the call is when Darlie says to Darin, in a hissy, ticked off voice: (paraphrasing) "Someone who did it came in here and intentionally did it DARIN!" She sounds like she is trying to get her story in line with Darin's for when the police start questioning her.

I forgot to add that before I started checking out the transcripts, I listened to the 911 call over and over. The first time I heard it, I felt very strongly that she was guilty. It sounds so fake to me. One of the most telling parts in the call is when Darlie says to Darin, in a hissy, ticked off voice: (paraphrasing) "Someone who did it came in here and intentionally did it DARIN!" She sounds like she is trying to get her story in line with Darin's for when the police start questioning her.

I know what you mean. In fact the tone of voice sounded to me very defensive.

And yet, it makes me feel physically ill to think she could have done this. But if you don't listen to anything the defence or prosecution say- ie no opinions and just look at the FACTS, they point to the fact that there was no one else in that house that night. And thats something I cannot get past.

It's just something within me pulls back because its so crazy and sickening to think she could do it. I want to believe so much that she didn't.

On another note, I showed this interview to my husband actually: http://abcnews.go.com/Archives/video/darlie-routier-recalls-night-sons-murders-13366836 He doesnt know too much about it- just what I've told him.

I said "What do you think? Guilty or innocent?" and he laughed and said "Are you KIDDING ME? Shes a psychopath. She’s really scary. It’s bloody obvious!”

EDIT: Despite everything, I just don't and can't believe she did this. It's like I can't make the final commitment to her being guilty. My brain won't allow it. It's too horrid.

Wow Emma, you summed up my feelings about this exactly! I think the reason why I spent so much time looking at the facts of this case and actually wanting to read everything I can about it, is because I really, really, really want to believe and find her innocent. I can only conclude that she is definitely guilty, but it is such a horrid, terrible, unimaginable crime for a mother to commit, that I really wish it had been an intruder.

Lack of blood and fingerprints in places they should be.
No intruder is going to spend their time doing that.

I never read any transcripts, but the 911 recording hissy fit and saying that she picked up the knife and just lay it on the counter without knowing if the guy left or not. The forsensics and the pattern of the wounds. To me, there seemed to be a pattern to the boys' wounds and Darlie's except hers weren't deep and puncturing. The wounds seemed to have been premeditated on how to do them, IMO.

I don't know that I would pinpoint just one thing, but the items that convinced me of her guilt are as follows:
1. The screen fibers found on the knife in the butcher block, demonstrating that the screen was cut by someone already inside the house.
2. The hesitation wounds on Darlie's neck, versus the vicious puncture wounds to the small children.
3. The cast-off blood on the back of her nightshirt, which has no other way to get there if she were lying on the couch when the boys were attacked.
4. Evidence of clean-up at the kitchen sink.
5. The improbability of an intruder butchering two helpless children before gently nicking the throat of the adult in the room.
6. Lack of motive for an intruder - jewelry was untouched, and you don't slice the throat of the woman if you are there for sexual assault.
7. Evidence that showed staging of the crime scene; such as the vacuum laid down on top of blood stains.
8. Darlie's own behavior after the murders wouldn't have convinced me by itself, but in concert with the aforementioned evidence, simply solidified my belief in her guilt.

The blood evidence convinces me of her guilt. All of it from the cast-off blood from both boys on her nightshirt to the clean up at the kitchen sink, the lack of blood where there should be blood and blood where there shouldn't be. Once you know the blood evidence, there is no way to give her an out.

Pay particular attention to her testimony and Darin's. Read Linch's and Cron's testimony carefully. Read the blood expert Bevel's testimony. Read the medical staff testimony where it proves the photos of her bruises and all her injuries were discussed and shown to the jury.

RBBM: Exactly, Cami. She's as guilty as sin.

I believe she is guilty based on:

1. The 911 call - I've worked as a 911 dispatcher, she is the WORST actress I've ever heard.

2. The tape of her and Darin at the grave site, where she says: "We'll have to live with this for the rest of our lives." and Darin jumps in with [what she means is] "we'll have to live with the loss of our sons [for the rest of our lives]".

3. Darlie's own words - she conveniently "forgets" or "can't remember" things about that night. Her testimony speaks volumes.

4. The injuries - an intruder would not viciously stab two children to death in that manner and leave an adult witness with only superficial injuries (and I don't give a flip that her neck wound is only 3 mm from her carotid artery - she just got lucky when she sliced herself).

5. Nothing was taken, not even the jewelry left on the counter.

And yet, it makes me feel physically ill to think she could have done this. But if you don't listen to anything the defence or prosecution say- ie no opinions and just look at the FACTS, they point to the fact that there was no one else in that house that night. And thats something I cannot get past.

It's just something within me pulls back because its so crazy and sickening to think she could do it. I want to believe so much that she didn't.

On another note, I showed this interview to my husband actually: http://abcnews.go.com/Archives/video/darlie-routier-recalls-night-sons-murders-13366836 He doesnt know too much about it- just what I've told him.

I said "What do you think? Guilty or innocent?" and he laughed and said "Are you KIDDING ME? Shes a psychopath. She’s really scary. It’s bloody obvious!”

EDIT: Despite everything, I just don't and can't believe she did this. It's like I can't make the final commitment to her being guilty. My brain won't allow it. It's too horrid.
I just watched the interview and was shocked that Darlie has such a nice singing voice. Do you know if she ever tried to do anything with her talent?

The one main thing that Darlie did that made me think she was guilty was how happy she was at the grave. I'm not just talking about the silly string either. I could see that she was radiating happiness that day because she thought she had just got away with murder. Kinda like her thinking that she had pulled the wool over everyones eyes. She was trying very hard to play the part of grieving mother but her excitement/happiness was just oosing from her IMO.

She's such a liar, Damon could not have walked and talked with six stab wounds in his back, into his liver and lungs. All the poor child could do was drag himself away from that knife to no avail.

Initially when the 911 call first begins, she sounds very upset and I thought "what is all this talk about this woman faking that she is distraught?, she sounds very upset". Well. Just a minute into the call, you can tell by her voice tone she is faking it. Several things point to her doing this:

1. You can tell she is lying by what her apparent concern is - herself. Initially, she doesnt say 'my children have been stabbed'. Note: she says "ME and my children..I was asleep." She put herself FIRST. Mentioning that she was asleep straight away? She is attempting to set up an alibi.

2. When she says: "Someone who did it came in here and intentionally did it DARIN! I PROMISE!" That? right there. "I promise".... What the? An innocent person would NOT say this!

3. When the 911 operator tells her to not touch the knife, she says she touched it and picked it up. A little bit later, she says "if we could have gotten fingerprints off it.." Really? Your boys are dying, stabbed numerous times, and she isn't concerned about her kids? The ONLY thoughts and words out her mouth at this time should, and would, be ONLY to her concern of the children.

Then if you get into the blood evidence, it only emphasizes her guilt.

This lady, is a psychopath.

Well, I just started studying this case, but I'm thinking she did it. I wrote it off as she'd done it a long time ago when I saw the first mystery show about it. But with it back in the news and seeing that show, "Last Defense," I decided to dive in. I wonder if I could get the evidence from a FOIA request. Anyways, I haven't gotten very far into this, but some things really bother me, and if I can't solve them through the transcripts, I have to believe she did it. Here are my issues:

1. Slit screen. That's the first thing I saw that didn't look right. It looks perfectly slit, it's not torn. It's not bent. People are worried about the dust around it not being disturbed, but I worry about how a grown man got his shoulders, legs, feet, through that slit TWICE without ripping it. In a video I saw, some guy entered the window to test it, but when he did it, there was no screen in it. This, I have to admit, is my BIGGEST problem with her intruder story. It just snowballs from there.

2. Privacy fence hides the "Open" window from street view. How does the killer know this window is open on this particular night if the gate is closed and it's dark back there? You cannot see through the fence, and it is pretty tall, which means it takes effort to climb up and look in the yard to check for an open window. Who has time for that, especially if the floodlight just flipped on and is shining down on your every move.

3. Auto light outside the house. The auto light should have been on while the killer was slitting the screen and entering the house. It supposedly stays on for 15 minutes, so theoretically, it could have been on for the entire incident. So, that didn't scare off the killer? If It was a crime of opportunity, you would think he'd decide against hanging out the moment that light came on because -- how does he know the light coming on was automatic and not the house owner, who might be looking dead at him? And maybe that homeowner is calling the police or holding a gun.

4. Why is the window open anyway? I believe Darlie said they checked to make sure the house was locked. Why would a garage window be open? Who opened it? Was the entrance to the utility room locked or not? (I know people who don't lock that inner door but still...) Did they find Darin or Darlie's prints on the window? I'm thinking she used the socks to open the window and threw them away because she got blood on them. Maybe she had other things with her to toss, like the kids' clothes.

5. Why go deeper into the neighborhood upon exit? It makes no sense for the killer to go left, deeper into the neighborhood, versus right He just has to cross the street and cut through one yard to be out of the neighborhood if he goes right at the end of her driveway. There's no reason for it unless his house is deeper in the neighborhood.

6. You can't check to make sure he's gone? Darlie goes into the kitchen. She goes as far as the utility entrance, I don't ever hear her saying that she checked to make sure the killer had actually left the house. And if she wanted to see where he'd gone, isn't it quicker to look out the kitchen window? It's right by the garage window AND with the floodlight on, she should have been able to see pretty well, right? Apparently, Darin didn't check, either.

These are my issues, and I haven't even gotten inside the house yet.

I don't know that I would pinpoint just one thing, but the items that convinced me of her guilt are as follows:
1. The screen fibers found on the knife in the butcher block, demonstrating that the screen was cut by someone already inside the house.
2. The hesitation wounds on Darlie's neck, versus the vicious puncture wounds to the small children.
3. The cast-off blood on the back of her nightshirt, which has no other way to get there if she were lying on the couch when the boys were attacked.
4. Evidence of clean-up at the kitchen sink.
5. The improbability of an intruder butchering two helpless children before gently nicking the throat of the adult in the room.
6. Lack of motive for an intruder - jewelry was untouched, and you don't slice the throat of the woman if you are there for sexual assault.
7. Evidence that showed staging of the crime scene; such as the vacuum laid down on top of blood stains.
8. Darlie's own behavior after the murders wouldn't have convinced me by itself, but in concert with the aforementioned evidence, simply solidified my belief in her guilt.
Exactly that is the stuff that made me believe she was guilty of these murders.

So many things, but if I had to pick one, the lack of a motive for an intruder. Nothing was stolen and there was no sexual assault and yet two very young boys were brutally murdered while their mother had minor wounds in comparison. It just doesn’t make sense.

I lived in Dallas at the time of the murders & trial. I followed it very closely at the time. I'll never forget when the "birthday party" at the grave was shown on local tv. My wife and I were setting at a bar after work, and when that came on, she turned and looked at me and said very matter of factly " That did it". I was thinking the exact same thing. Her demeanor throughout was of someone that was really hoping they got away with it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinkfloyd44!
Back