Movie:Devil's Knot

Here is the trailer. The release date is tentatively set for May 9th.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJFFcIQgPfI"]Devil's Knot Official Trailer (HD) Reese Witherspoon, Dane DeHaan - YouTube[/ame]

I'm not quite sure what to think about the film to be honest. How do other supporters feel about it?

I'm looking forward to seeing it. If it's based on Devil's Knot are they going to throw JMB under the bus?

I don't think they're throwing JMB under the bus at all. They are using some of the more recently uncovered information in their post-trial speculation. However, this is a Hollywood movie, not a documentary. So, I'm sure that certain "liberties" will be taken with the truth. I am anxious to see it, however. Only time will tell just how much the truth is stretched.

My problem is that already I saw some things that are not backed up by facts. It really irritates me.
It seems in the movie that Pam is home and then realizes that Stevie is not home..

I hate that.. Movies about real crimes should be kept to facts. I don't mind a little embellishing of not so important things.. But the facts of the time he went missing and on should all be right there along with the evidence.

My problem is that already I saw some things that are not backed up by facts. It really irritates me.
It seems in the movie that Pam is home and then realizes that Stevie is not home..

I hate that.. Movies about real crimes should be kept to facts. I don't mind a little embellishing of not so important things.. But the facts of the time he went missing and on should all be right there along with the evidence.

Scarlett,I think what we are seeing is.. is that Stevie was supposed to be home before Pam had to leave for work...not that she was actually at home the whole night.Remember she looked at the clock at 4:45 in the movie..minutes before she went to work.

Scarlett,I think what we are seeing is.. is that Stevie was supposed to be home before Pam had to leave for work...not that she was actually at home the whole night.Remember she looked at the clock at 4:45 in the movie..minutes before she went to work.

I hope so.. It did not feel that way to me because then they show her at the police station... I hope so.

Wow...I'm....speechless.

What's with the blood everywhere? I suppose it's some sort of vision/dream/flashback.

I'm sad to say it looks kind of ridiculous and I'm even sadder to say that it looks like Reese just wanted a quick paycheck. Or she is really into the case or interested or something. Has she said anything about her role in the movie?

Reese has a new movie coming out called Wild. The book was excellent and I'm sure the movie will be too. So I'm thinking she took this role as Pam Hobbs because she has some interest in the case.

The movie looks totally bogus though. Like everyone else, I wish they would have stuck more to the facts. I guess the whole crime was too "boring" for them. Sad.

Whenever Hollywood makes a movie about a real life situation, they always play fast and loose with the facts. I don't understand it, either, especially in this case. There's plenty of drama just from the facts. But . . .

At least this movie, given its stars, might interest new people in this case. Hopefully, they will come to an Internet site where they can sort the truth from the fiction (like Callahan's, for starters) or a discussion board (like Websleuths) where they can discuss the case. I'm pretty sure that most movie goers are aware of Hollywood's penchant for stretching (or, in some cases, distorting) the truth. It's up to those who know the truth to be sure that anyone truly new to the case has all facts straight so they can form an educated opinion about the case.

I'm still not sure what I think about all of it. However, like CompassionateReader said, it might get more people interested in the case and that is certainly a good thing. It could really do with gaining some momentum at the moment.

If you are a DirecTV subscriber, the movie is now available on their Pay-Per-View channels for $9.99. For that price, you get the movie for a week.

Now that I've watched the movie a few times, I'll say that I recommend it. I don't want to spoil it, but I'll just say that, contrary to what some people have said, it doesn't show anything that hasn't already happened. It does manipulate the truth a bit, as does any Hollywood movie about a true event. However, IMO none of the "manipulatons" detract from the unbelievable injustice that happened to Damien, Jason and Jessie. I could say more, but I want everyone to form their own opinions. So, I'll stop here.

Thank you Direct TV!!! So I got to see the movie and first off it is nothing at all like missy g described.It's extremely beautiful,gentle ,very,very (too IMO) respectful to EVERYONE involved.It really lets you experience the case through Pam's and Ron Lax's eyes.I cried more than once and suspicion is being raised very subtle and carefully.
If I would have made the movie it would have been loud,heavy metal blaring through the entire movie and it would have shown extreme outrage about the situation.
But I think this way it gets its point across better to a broader audience,it does not judge or point fingers.I'm just dissapointed that so much is left out but I guess they can't make a 10 hr movie.....

There is some heavy metal music in the movie, but my son pointed out that the artist is Slayer, not Metallica. I wouldn't know the difference. However, I do know that Slayer has more of a reputation for Satanic influences than Metallica does.

I agree with claudicici. I think it was respectfully done and didn't stray too far from the facts. Some "straying" (as I said before) is just typical Hollywood. I don't think it grossly misrepresented anything, which is good. In short, I recommend it.

I was so anticipating coming home tonight and watching Devils Knot Online through Direct TV. I go online order it, pay for it and can't watch it. I get online chat with direct tv and they say first it is available to watch online then come back and say its not. So I double check go through direct tv online movies and sure enough there it is and it prompts me to pay again for it. Anyone on here watch it online through direct tv?

no,I'm watching it on TV.Yes,they played a little bit of Slayer just when Damien is introduced.And Jason is wearing a Slayer shirt :)

too late to edit my latest post but I just watched it again and they are playing Slayer more than once :)

Interesting to hear that you guys enjoyed it! By the looks of it, we're going to have to wait for an official release a little bit longer here in Europe. And that's me assuming it will make it over here at all.

It looks like it's being posted on youtube but then taken down. I'm sure if you're quick you can watch it before youtube removes it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back