MI - Convicted dog abuser (mom's BF) beats 10 month old severely

peeples

Reaction score
Yeah it's always good to leave a convicted animal abuser around your 10 month old child...

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/donald-bayne-arraign-baby-beat-020612

Donald Thomas Bayne
23-year-old man was arraigned Monday on torture and first-degree child abuse charges after he allegedly beat the 10-month-old daughter of his girlfriend.

She was seriously injured and her prognosis is not clear at this time.

Bayne is on probation for a 2009 incident in which he shot and beat a dog to death.

Oh my gosh, I hope this little one is going to be okay! I have a little guy this age...how in the World can someone hurt a baby??? What is sad is that I would probably go to prison longer for cheating on my taxes than this guy gets. So sad for this little girl :(

Another sad story that PROVES that those who would hurt an animal could also hurt a child. So so tragic. Prayers for that little girl.

I spent a magical day with my 9 month old grandson. Who could imagine........

Donald Thomas Bayne faces up to life in prison if convicted of torturing a baby.

The 23-year-old Bayne was arraigned Monday afternoon on that count and first-degree child abuse, a 15-year felony, for allegedly punching his girlfriend's 9-month-old daughter in the head, causing skull fractures and internal injuries.

(snip)

Fruitport Township Public Safety Director Ken Doctor said the man admitted to police that he hit the child in her head with a closed fist during a fit of rage when the child was crying. It wasn't clear how many times he hit the infant, Doctor said.

(snip)

The infant remained in critical condition at Helen DeVos Children's Hospital in Grand Rapids late Monday morning.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2012/02/alleged_child-torturer_donald.html

This is the county where I live. I HOPE HOPE HOPE this child abuser/dog murderer does NOT plead and goes to trial!! And then I hope I get jury duty! I am due, it's been awhile. The people of Muskegon County don't appreciate baby beaters. I seriously would love it sit on this a-hole's jury.

The article reports that it's his girlfriend, but his statuses report that he's broken up with / lost "Lacey" and he refers to her as his "friend" in his "please pray for them" posting. It's also apparent reading his statuses that he was often watching over this little one and others (around the same age?). That concerns me.

Is this guy not in jail? How is he updating Facebook?

Bayne's bond was set at $1 million. He is expected to be back in court for a preliminary hearing on Feb. 16.

so, how's he online updating FB is right? Who had $100K to bail him out (if he is out) and what jail allows Internet access?

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/man-accused-of-beating-10-month-old?=123

The baby was hospitalized on Weds, Feb 1st.
The comment about praying for Lacey (mom) and the baby was posted on Thursday Feb 2nd at 2pm.
The article says he was arrested on Friday, Feb 3rd.

It seems to me like he was really distraught over their breaking up. Hope it wasn't a "get even" sort of move.

ETA: The video at said link reports that it's unknown if DB is the infants father or not.

April 2013:

Donald Thomas Bayne of Fruitport will spend 15 to 22½ years of his life behind bars for torturing an infant he was babysitting – repeatedly punching a 10-month-old girl in the head while she lay in a playpen, fracturing her skull and causing internal injuries...

Bayne pleaded no contest as charged March 20 to torture and guilty to being a second-time habitual offender, based on a 2009 conviction of animal killing or torture.
Marietti also ordered Bayne to pay restitution of $236,628.92 to cover the victim’s ongoing medical expenses...

Bayne had admitted hitting the baby repeatedly in the head with his closed fist “as hard as I would hit a man”...

After the initial medical treatment to save her life, the child has undergone a series of surgeries that are expected to continue, as well as ongoing rehabilitation.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/fruitport_baby_torturer_gets_1.html

Even if he serves the full 22.5 years, he'll only be in his 40s when he gets out. Plenty of times to start torturing and killing more animals and little children :(
The judge at his sentencing said that he is a danger to the community.

June 2012:

“This child has gone through six major cranial surgeries and had several minor procedures. She still has a couple more surgeries. She’s had infections in the skull plate and they have to now remove some of her ribs so they can fashion a bone plate for her head,” Armstrong said...

The child is currently in foster care with Hentschel’s cousin and wife as the investigation with Child Protective Services continues, Armstrong said. Hentschel works part time and has an attorney who is working out the custody issues with her daughter.

“It was an abuse case and (the baby's living arrangement) has to remain that way until the investigation is through. They believed it was a failure on our part to do everything we could to protect [the baby]. But we had no clue on Don's background. Joe Blow Public doesn’t know how to (look up that type of information),” Armstrong said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2012/06/grandmother_of_baby_whose_skul.html

Cute picture of the little girl at link. A large part of her skull had to be removed due to the amount if brain swelling.

They call him Don. Don Bayne. Don't let Don Bayne anywhere near your pets or children when he gets out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back