CLUES: how to find Susan

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
This thread is for gathering clues on how to find Susan. Last night on the radio show, the one thing Kiirsi asked was that we find Susan. We promised to help her, so here we go!

If anyone lives in the area and can assist us in understanding the geography, that would be awesome. :rocker:

west valley city utah - Google Maps

One clue that I've taken from the evil event of last Sunday is that now we KNOW that JP was a calculating murderer.

Kiirsi mentioned on one of our radio shows a few months ago that Susan was ill before she went missing and led us to think she might have been poisoned. I don't know if that will help us, but if we can find any articles about his activities the days before the "camping trip", that might be useful.

Not an early article, and not new news, but the boys saying mommy's in the mine, mommy went looking for crystals. The crystals may be the only part that is close to where she could be, not the mine. Did she have a friend named crystal? Was their a place near by that had any crystal looking rocks or debris other than the already searched mine? Was there a store that sold crystals between home and the snowy overnight camp sight?

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...fire-kills-Susan-Powell-family-138778774.html

The times that we have searched we started at the house on Sarah Ct. and went out from there. Redwood was a road that we took, north and south, looking for any places that would be a dumping ground. To those looking, when you find purple, red or orange ribbons tied to trees, stakes, guardrails or rock outcroppings anywhere from Rt. 6 out into the desert, those are places searched. There were several individuals and groups who went out from the beginning and since [we were there 3 weeks ago searching], we all, though dong this seperately, left the ties behind. I also suggest the middle canyon area, starting at Tooele's Ivy road by the golf course, when the road is open again.

Follow your intuition; if you have a hunch, follow it. BE SAFE, not all of the places are flat, level land, in the warmer weather there will be snakes and scorpons. Let someone know where you are, there is not always cell coverage. If you have a GPS use it.

ETA: NO ONE WHO IS NOT PHYSICALLY ABLE OR MENTALLY ABLE TO SEARCH SHOULD DO SO. IT ISN'T A PICNIC, IT IS RUGGED LAND. DO NOT SEARCH IF YOU HAVE NEVER DONE SEARCHES BEFORE AND DO NOT GO ALONE!

Can anyone give a quick recap of what is known about his actions in that time period? Where exactly were they supposedly camping again? Were the police ever able to get cell records? Were there any sightings of him in those days that we are privy too?

Also, we should look at this from a profile perspective. In other crimes where a wife has been "disappeared" by a husband, what similarities might there be?

For example, mothers who kill their children are more likely to dispose of the children close to home, and more likely to place them in enclosed "womb like" environments. Even though ICA was exonerated, the circumstances of how and where Caylee was found were consistent with typical methods of disposal used in maternal filicide cases.

So based on what we can tell, would JP have made any attempts to conceal the body? Would he have buried her or placed her in a cave? How far from home are the victims typically found? Do they commonly cross state lines or do they stay more local?

This is pure conjecture, but I don't think he would have necessarily felt the need to find the spot again. I don't see him as the type of killer who would want to revisit his crime. I think the husbands who kill like this want to completely erase the victim as if she never existed.

Please, to those of you who are able to help search, stay safe.

Please.

We didn't hear any more about the wood/ashes that the HR dogs alerted on, did we? With Josh using fire to destroy evidence of the murders/suicide this time, he might have done it to destroy evidence of the first murder, too.

The 'crystals' statement from the boy(s) along with the info about her being 'in the trunk' and not returning at the camp site --- is where I'd start if I were looking. He really could not have carried her far. My only fear is that if he did burn her (or attempt to), then he may have packed up all the ashes, etc, and moved them and disposed of them elsewhere.

The 'crystals' statement from the boy(s) along with the info about her being 'in the trunk' and not returning at the camp site --- is where I'd start if I were looking. He really could not have carried her far. My only fear is that if he did burn her (or attempt to), then he may have packed up all the ashes, etc, and moved them and disposed of them elsewhere.

There are also places with drops of 100ft where he could have rolled her over the edge and she would not been seen.

I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that a body could not be reduced to ashes by a regular fire. It would take a very very hot fire a long time to do that. My guess is that he placed her somewhere. And since it was cold and VERY dark it probably is close to a car accessible area. JMO

Are there statistics about people who dump their victims? ie how far from crime, how far from road, etc. I think an upthread poster mentioned this same topic.

It makes me think of cave. Not the mine, they searched the mine already, I hope thoroughly. I would check caves.

IMO, since it was freezing cold and the middle of the night and he had two children waiting on him, wherever she is is a place that he's familiar with, where he knows the area, where the mines and drop-offs are, etc. Where dud they camp before as a family? Otherwise, if he just picked a random spot then I feel she is out in the open, somewhere rather obvious.
I wonder, if her murder was indeed premeditated, if he didn't research a spot. I've kinda though maybe that's why they searched in Ely, because maybe they found a google search for the mines.

I don't mean to be graphic but after what this SOB just did to his own KIDS. If he wanted to male sure no one ever found her. Mght have once again went back and used gasoline hoping she would burn to just bones.

I hear the word "Mine"...is there a way to locate all of the mines within a certain proximity of where he was thought to have been camping?

I don't know, but when I googled crystal and caves in Utah I got a result for some caves near Gandy, Utah. I know the Ely area was searched, and this is not too far from there. Does anyone know if there were searches in or near Gandy?

I don't know, but when I googled crystal and caves in Utah I got a result for some caves near Gandy, Utah. I know the Ely area was searched, and this is not too far from there. Does anyone know if there were searches in or near Gandy?

IDK, I do know he put 1000 miles on the rental car, so he went 500 one way, and 500 back. That is a lot of territory. Unless he was just driving around town aimlessly, which would not amount to 1000 miles, maybe a few give or take for in town stuff, but somewhere around 500 each way.

The night Susan was reported missing, and he said they went camping (in the van) was a Sunday and iirc, he and the boys did not return until Tuesday. What did they do for 2 days and how far did they go?

That desert is so vast. I hope his dad will tell LE where she is if he has any idea.

IDK, I do know he put 1000 miles on the rental car, so he went 500 one way, and 500 back. That is a lot of territory. Unless he was just driving around town aimlessly, which would not amount to 1000 miles, maybe a few give or take for in town stuff, but somewhere around 500 each way.

The night Susan was reported missing, and he said they went camping (in the van) was a Sunday and iirc, he and the boys did not return until Tuesday. What did they do for 2 days and how far did they go?

Very true! She may not even be in Utah.

*This is complete speculation and brainstorming*

I have not read through all the details but have tried to keep up. Have the whereabouts of SP been verified for those few days of "camping". I think knowing his whereabout would help tremendously especially since he has been named a POI
That said..
* IMO*what if SP met JP somewhere in the desert and she wasnt disposed of at that time. Maybe SP she was drugged as someone earlier said. I wont say my entire thoughts but I cant help but to believe that SP's pics doent somehow play into this whole senerio*

I thought I remembered this statement from Josh, much earlier in the case. I just found reference to it in a newer article.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/missing-mom-susan-powell-s-son-mommy-s-in-the-mine

according to a report on CNN's Nancy Grace Show, airing Oct. 7, Powell's husband, Josh, once told a friend that a mineshaft would be the best place to dispose of a body.

You add in the fact that there was 'rumor' of Josh purchasing a large quantity of plastic type drop clothes, he may have killed her in the home, wrapped her in the plastic to transport her, temporarily placed her somewhere the night of the camping trip and went back when he had the car rental, so that he could move her to a more (hidden) appropriate place for her not to be discovered.

Oh, and let's not forget he DID purchase, was it propane? He said it was for their camping heater.

After the house explosion, it leads me to believe that those red hands he had the days AFTER Susan disappeared, was more than likely injuries received during the body disposal. IMHO, he may have burned her body first, then placed her in a mind shaft. :(

So, if they're able to locate her, they may just feel it was a camp fire? Not realizing there was a body. Or if she's in a mind shaft, IF she was burned, could be ashes floated down.:(

I know it's not where to look, but from what I recall from the beginning, possibly what to look for, which may give a hint of more direction to search and what to search for.

JMHO
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth