1213 users online (243 members and 970 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Black Hills
    Posts
    6,243

    Josh's court affadavit statement - Were there warning signs?

    This statement doesn't give jp the right to murder Susan's sons:

    Just days before, in a motion seeking custody of his children filed with a Washington state court, Powell said he missed his wife, and would remain strong for the boys.

    "A lesser person would fall under the intense scrutiny I am facing, but apparently my inherent resilience as a person makes it increasingly difficult for them to pursue their agendas," Powell wrote. "I am standing tall for my sons, but it deeply hurts to face such ridicule and abuse."

    Read more: http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/dad...#ixzz1limhUVDF

    ****
    http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    ****
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

    www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    ****
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,161
    Sure doesn't sound like he was making plans, does it?

    Salem

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    southwest Indiana
    Posts
    5,005
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say when they find the charred remains of Susan, she will likely have hatchet / axe marks on her neck bones if they survived the fire. I'm thinking he left obvious clues as to what may have happened to Susan, just not where.
    MOO
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25,216
    He was exhibiting classic suicide warning signs. Too bad no one noticed.

    "* A previously depressed person who is suddenly happy. This often means they’ve come to a decision to end their life.
    * Actions that signal they are planning for death:
    * Giving away their possessions, particularly favorite things or things with sentimental value.
    * Making out wills.
    * Arranging for the care of pets.
    * Extravagant spending or paying off debts."

    http://comingoutofdark.com/suicidewarnings/
    Just my opinion

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,800
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    He was exhibiting classic suicide warning signs. Too bad no one noticed.

    "* A previously depressed person who is suddenly happy. This often means they’ve come to a decision to end their life.
    * Actions that signal they are planning for death:
    * Giving away their possessions, particularly favorite things or things with sentimental value.
    * Making out wills.
    * Arranging for the care of pets.
    * Extravagant spending or paying off debts."

    http://comingoutofdark.com/suicidewarnings/
    As things are coming out we are finding out more about those suicidal/homicidal warnings but the trouble that I can see is that this all happened within the past week. Little bits and pieces are coming together but no one little thing added up to the big picture and I believe that Josh was very good at keeping secrets.

    a donation of toys to the goodwill is not in and of itself a prelude to a crime,
    purchases of gasoline in 5 gal containers are not either. The emails that went out were about 20 minutes prior to the fire, some family members who received those right away did attempt to contact authorities for help but it was too late. There were clues but no one close enough to put them together (IMO). I do not believe Josh was engaging in counseling/mental health therapy or drug/etol counseling. I am not sure he had close friends that would be looking for the warning signs of homicide or suicide and he probably was not blatent with this intentions until the very moment he needed to be.
    Proud member of the AFKBPOFPOPL

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25,216
    I am not blaming his family members for not recognizing the sings. All I am saying that he exhibited several classic signs that we know of. Whether somebody should or could have figured that out is another story.
    Just my opinion

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,492
    The only things quoted in the article do not show any warning signs to me. His appearance sure as heck did though.

    I found this quote interesting:

    "I know my own heart is free of any guilt regardless of what people claim," he added.

    Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2Me1MoThyme View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say when they find the charred remains of Susan, she will likely have hatchet / axe marks on her neck bones if they survived the fire. I'm thinking he left obvious clues as to what may have happened to Susan, just not where.
    MOO
    Makes me wonder if he used that exact same hatchet on her.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    13,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Sure doesn't sound like he was making plans, does it?

    Salem
    No, but I think his plans were made only after his "brilliant"plea to the court via this declaration, failed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacie Estes View Post
    This statement doesn't give jp the right to murder Susan's sons:

    Just days before, in a motion seeking custody of his children filed with a Washington state court, Powell said he missed his wife, and would remain strong for the boys.

    "A lesser person would fall under the intense scrutiny I am facing, but apparently my inherent resilience as a person makes it increasingly difficult for them to pursue their agendas," Powell wrote. "I am standing tall for my sons, but it deeply hurts to face such ridicule and abuse."

    Read more: http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/dad...#ixzz1limhUVDF
    Quote BBM. Hmmm. I take that to mean his "resilience" won't allow them to make him crack and divulge info that would lead to his arrest for the murder of his wife. Apparently, after the hearing, he realized that even if he wasn't arrested, this was not going to go away. His actions the day he killed Susan ended his life too, at least life as he knew it.

    I don't think murderers can go on, even if they "get away with it"without repercussions. Now we just need to find away to make sure more innocents don't get caught up in those repercussions.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    Posts
    11,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacie Estes View Post
    This statement doesn't give jp the right to murder Susan's sons:

    Just days before, in a motion seeking custody of his children filed with a Washington state court, Powell said he missed his wife, and would remain strong for the boys.

    "A lesser person would fall under the intense scrutiny I am facing, but apparently my inherent resilience as a person makes it increasingly difficult for them to pursue their agendas," Powell wrote. "I am standing tall for my sons, but it deeply hurts to face such ridicule and abuse."

    Read more: http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/dad...#ixzz1limhUVDF
    RBBM and what follows is MOO... this is a fairly narcissistic and even grandiose way of conveying his meaning. That statement is the product of a very specific personality & mindset responding to the set of circumstances he found himself in.

    Gitana, I think you're right. This might have been a hazy option in the back of his mind for some time--but I don't think he fully put it in motion until this plea to the court failed.
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

    Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT