1253 users online (283 members and 970 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,003

    Fact vs Spin - The defense never rests

    From the Dr. Phil Interview:



    SPIN:

    Joe Tacopina on Dr. Phil

    JoeT: Uh, Dr.Phil, I can enlighten you a little bit on that. There were, um, a lot of people coming forward, and, you know, there was some substantial leads that were developed including 3, and I repeat, 3 witnesses who saw an individual in the area, uh, walking around various parts of that suburb of Kansas City with a baby in a diaper and nothing more. At midnight, at two in the morning and four in the morning. Independent, absolutely credible witnesses who don't know the family or anyone else, made 3 independent sightings. To me, that is powerful evidence that there is leads that are out there that need to be followed.

    Dr.Phil: Alright, now, let's talk about these sightings that you are talking about. I understand that, at least one of those, there's actually video tape, uh, of a person walking and it was forty-five degrees out, and I believe one of these sightings was a person in just a shirt and pants, carrying a baby. No coat, no blankets, not anything in forty-five degrees out. Is, is that true?

    JoeT: That's accurate. Actually, it's a direct trajectory away from the house. The first sighting was around, you know, a little after midnight, close by to the, to uh, Deb and Jeremy's house. Uh, then we see that videotape around 2 in the morning at a gas station which is a little further away, but it's also near a wood-uh, wooded area, right behind the gas station where you see that individual disappear into. Very nearby a dumpster where there was a fire that night, and scorched baby clothes were in. Then, a little further down the road, about two hours later, Mike Thompson, another individual witness, driving, sees a man matching the same description as the individual by the Irwin home, carrying a baby with just a diaper on. That is- you know, I've been a prosecutor and a defense lawyer, that is pretty powerful evidence that there are answers out there.


    Bold One FACT: The "white blob", which has not been determined to be male or female - and certainly has not been determined to be carrying anything, was coming OUT of the "wooded area", not going INTO the "wooded area". The "wooded area" is actually just a line of trees separating the busy street from a residential area.

    Bold Two FACT: The blob was seen in front of the BP gas station, not in back of it.
    Side note: The bar Jersey was kicked out of is practically in the same parking lot as the BP station.

    Bold Three FACT: Thompson described the man as around 5-feet-7, between 140 and 150 with salt and pepper hair (he later pointed to DB's neighbor as the man he saw carrying the baby). The neighbor, Lisa, described the man as tall, thin, and balding, (sounds like Jeremy?).

    So, we have 2 of the three witnesses describing two different men, and a blob that can't be described at all. What I find interesting is the fact that the blob was seen so near to the house where MW was staying (1/2 mile away), and across the street from the bar Jersey was kicked out of - and NONE of them mention these facts.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    497
    Yep, 2 diff descriptions and MT story changed on various occasions. MT went from saying the guy just looked at him to he asked the guy if everything was alright and the guy shook his head yes.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,932
    JT doesn't care about what anyone who's followed the case thinks or that we know he's full of you know what. He's speaking to those people who haven't followed the case, a potential future jury pool, first steps in planting reasonable doubt in their minds. He sounds convincing to those that don't know that he lies through his teeth.

    Just lke DB said, JT wanted to reach all those people who never followed the news.

    JMHO

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24,429
    ITA. Most people don't know all the details and now they are under impression that there were three credible independent witnesses that saw a man with a baby, and described that man the same way, and not only that, this man is on videotape.
    Just my opinion

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    15,004
    Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    From the Dr. Phil Interview:

    SPIN:

    Snipped and RBBM: I totally agree ... S P I N ...

    He was spinning so much I was getting dizzy ...

    MOO ...
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,250
    Has Bill Stanton announced when his presser with the mindboggling new info will be?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,003

    Tanko takes $300 to get rid of Lisa....

    The Kidnapper for Hire Spin..aka, Fabrication

    Did handyman ‘Jersey’ brag about being paid to steal Baby Lisa Irwin?

    "Deborah and Jeremy’s newest local defense attorney, John Picerno, spoke to Megyn Kelly on Friday with his reaction to the claim by a person in Kansas City that the handyman known as “Jersey” was heard bragging about being paid $300 to steal the then-10-month old baby Lisa Irwin from her home.

    According to Picerno, the mother of a teen girl said her daughter admitted that a male friend of hers was told by “Jersey” that he’d been hired to “get” Baby Lisa.

    Picerno said he doesn’t yet have the name of the friend, who told this to the teen, who in turn told her mother.

    Fox News reports Picerno did speak with the girl this week and says he believes her allegations. "

    Oh really?

    Teen Didn't Say Jersey Was Paid

    KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Isabelle Zehnder ) -- KSHB NBC Action News’ Investigative Reporter Russ Ptacek tracked down and spoke with the teen who reportedly said a handyman named “Jersey” had bragged about being paid $300 to steal missing 10-month-old Baby Lisa Irwin, and learned Saturday that neither the teen nor Jersey ever said that.
    <snip>
    "“The legal team put this information out as a possible theory which got big headlines … without even talking to this kid?” Russ asked Stanton.

    Stanton replied, “Well, most things, while they ‘might have’ they ‘may have’ … I’m not sure. But then again it’s the press that makes the headlines.
    <snip>
    "When asked about his statement that “Jersey” bragged about being paid $300 to steal Baby Lisa, the teen adamantly denied it."
    <snip>
    "“Until there’s further investigation I’m going to take him at his word. You know, I met his, I met his alleged girlfriend and she and her mother would give me this information. And, while it’s interesting, it may be people who are overzealous,” Stanton said."

    Who's overzealous? And where did Wild Bill learn that big word?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    The Kidnapper for Hire Spin..aka, Fabrication

    Did handyman ‘Jersey’ brag about being paid to steal Baby Lisa Irwin?

    "Deborah and Jeremy’s newest local defense attorney, John Picerno, spoke to Megyn Kelly on Friday with his reaction to the claim by a person in Kansas City that the handyman known as “Jersey” was heard bragging about being paid $300 to steal the then-10-month old baby Lisa Irwin from her home.

    According to Picerno, the mother of a teen girl said her daughter admitted that a male friend of hers was told by “Jersey” that he’d been hired to “get” Baby Lisa.

    Picerno said he doesn’t yet have the name of the friend, who told this to the teen, who in turn told her mother.

    Fox News reports Picerno did speak with the girl this week and says he believes her allegations. "

    Oh really?

    Teen Didn't Say Jersey Was Paid

    KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Isabelle Zehnder ) -- KSHB NBC Action News’ Investigative Reporter Russ Ptacek tracked down and spoke with the teen who reportedly said a handyman named “Jersey” had bragged about being paid $300 to steal missing 10-month-old Baby Lisa Irwin, and learned Saturday that neither the teen nor Jersey ever said that.
    <snip>
    "“The legal team put this information out as a possible theory which got big headlines … without even talking to this kid?” Russ asked Stanton.

    Stanton replied, “Well, most things, while they ‘might have’ they ‘may have’ … I’m not sure. But then again it’s the press that makes the headlines.
    <snip>
    "When asked about his statement that “Jersey” bragged about being paid $300 to steal Baby Lisa, the teen adamantly denied it."
    <snip>
    "“Until there’s further investigation I’m going to take him at his word. You know, I met his, I met his alleged girlfriend and she and her mother would give me this information. And, while it’s interesting, it may be people who are overzealous,” Stanton said."

    Who's overzealous? And where did Wild Bill learn that big word?
    Overzealous is not a big word. I'm a doofus and I use it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,003
    Quote Originally Posted by highflyer View Post
    Overzealous is not a big word. I'm a doofus and I use it.
    In what context would you use the word "covet"? According to Stanton, the kidnapper wanted to "covet" a child/Lisa...

    Just sayin'.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    In what context would you use the word "covet"? According to Stanton, the kidnapper wanted to "covet" a child/Lisa...

    Just sayin'.
    You can covet about anything can't you? Yes, I use that word too. Maybe I'm weird...


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,003
    Quote Originally Posted by highflyer View Post
    You can covet about anything can't you? Yes, I use that word too. Maybe I'm weird...
    Covet would be the same as wanting. It's not something one does after the fact. But we digress

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,380
    Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    Covet would be the same as wanting. It's not something one does after the fact. But we digress
    Yes, covet means to desire. Just like in covet thy neighbors :cough: wife. :cough:
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,003
    Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    The Kidnapper for Hire Spin..aka, Fabrication

    Did handyman ‘Jersey’ brag about being paid to steal Baby Lisa Irwin?

    "Deborah and Jeremy’s newest local defense attorney, John Picerno, spoke to Megyn Kelly on Friday with his reaction to the claim by a person in Kansas City that the handyman known as “Jersey” was heard bragging about being paid $300 to steal the then-10-month old baby Lisa Irwin from her home.

    According to Picerno, the mother of a teen girl said her daughter admitted that a male friend of hers was told by “Jersey” that he’d been hired to “get” Baby Lisa.

    Picerno said he doesn’t yet have the name of the friend, who told this to the teen, who in turn told her mother.

    Fox News reports Picerno did speak with the girl this week and says he believes her allegations. "

    Oh really?

    Teen Didn't Say Jersey Was Paid

    KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Isabelle Zehnder ) -- KSHB NBC Action News’ Investigative Reporter Russ Ptacek tracked down and spoke with the teen who reportedly said a handyman named “Jersey” had bragged about being paid $300 to steal missing 10-month-old Baby Lisa Irwin, and learned Saturday that neither the teen nor Jersey ever said that.
    <snip>
    "“The legal team put this information out as a possible theory which got big headlines … without even talking to this kid?” Russ asked Stanton.

    Stanton replied, “Well, most things, while they ‘might have’ they ‘may have’ … I’m not sure. But then again it’s the press that makes the headlines.
    <snip>
    "When asked about his statement that “Jersey” bragged about being paid $300 to steal Baby Lisa, the teen adamantly denied it."
    <snip>
    "“Until there’s further investigation I’m going to take him at his word. You know, I met his, I met his alleged girlfriend and she and her mother would give me this information. And, while it’s interesting, it may be people who are overzealous,” Stanton said."

    Who's overzealous? And where did Wild Bill learn that big word?
    Bumping since it got so off-track....

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,003

    Joe Tacopina - Dog bite expert

    He's not much on cadaver dog knowledge, but he can take on a dog bite case and kick asp!

    http://www.tacopinaarnold.com/DogBites.html

    "Dog Bites

    "New York Personal Injury Attorneys: Tacopina & Arnold
    New York personal injury attorneys Joseph Tacopina and Rosemarie Arnold have helped numerous dog bite victims recover damages for their physical injuries, medical bills, and pain and suffering. With years of litigation experience, Tacopina & Arnold have protected the rights and best interests of countless clients throughout the state of New York. When you work with Tacopina & Arnold, you can be assured that you are retaining the services of knowledgeable, qualified attorneys who are well-respected within the legal community. "



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,003

    Joe is "The Guardian"??

    http://www.tacopinaarnold.com/JosephTacopina.html

    "He was also recently honored by the Italian American Bar Association - Read Article, and is the basis for the fictional attorney on the CBS show The Guardian - Read Article."

    Don't bother to click the article, it's not there....

    ETA: "Basis" may not be the right word. Here's an article....an itty bitty article.

    http://www.tacopinalaw.com/tacopinal...diantvshow.pdf

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast