Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012.02.07 - 911 Tapes Released

Hybrid View

2012.02.07 - 911 Tapes Released

It just got worse.

komonews komonews.com
    Case worker: "I could hear one of the kids crying, but he still wouldn't let me in ... He looked right at me and closed the door" #findsusan

komonews komonews.com
    Case worker: "I smell gasoline, but he won't let me in. He's got the kids in the house, and he won't let me in." #findsusan

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    It just got worse.

komonews komonews.com
    Case worker: "I could hear one of the kids crying, but he still wouldn't let me in ... He looked right at me and closed the door" #findsusan
    Oh my When i heard that the hatchet had been used it crossed my mind the worker likely heard something. The sights and sounds will be forever in her mind. I feel for her tremendously.
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on

BenWinslow Ben Winslow

NEW: 911 tapes in #JoshPowell murder-suicide being released. We'll play some of it coming up on @fox13now @ 9.

In The Forest With The Top Down

Quote Originally Posted by christee View Post
    BenWinslow Ben Winslow

NEW: 911 tapes in #JoshPowell murder-suicide being released. We'll play some of it coming up on @fox13now @ 9.
    I think that is 12am my time EST???
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    I think that is 12am my time EST???
    11pm passion. Utah is Mountain time.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Deputies released recordings of 911 calls made moments preceding and following the fatal explosion. Among the recordings is a call made by the state case worker assigned to the Powell boys.

"I smell gasoline, but he won't let me in. He's got the kids in the house, and he won't let me in," the case worker said. "I think I need help right away. He's on a very short leash with DSHS, and CPS has been involved. And this is the craziest thing."

"This could be life-threatening. He went to court on Wednesday and he didn't get his kids back and...I'm afraid for their lives," the case worker said.

Powell's own sister, Alina Powell, also called 911.

"I think my brother might be in trouble or something. He's sending weird emails, saying goodbye and stuff,” the sister said. The woman, who sounded very distraught, grew frustrated when she could not provide the dispatcher with her brother’s exact address.

“I don’t know. I just know how to get there,” said the woman, crying.

The recordings were released just hours after authorities revealed they have been investigating the disappearance of Susan Powell as a murder for at least several months, while they publicly left open the possibility that the Utah mother might be found alive.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/A...138892464.html

CPS workers are trained but nothing in this world could have prepared her for this.....she is another victim of that freak.

Quote Originally Posted by Starry Night View Post
    CPS workers are trained but nothing in this world could have prepared her for this.....she is another victim of that freak.
    Without a doubt, no one should have ever asked her to deliver them there. No sane person would. I would have been too afraid w/o police officer with me.
    Josh was unstable and hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    It just got worse.

komonews komonews.com
    Sweet Jesus, my friend. This means they saw the hatchet coming.....

But there is nothing covered up that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. Accordingly, whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed upon the housetops. Luke 12, 2-3

Wow!!
    "What the thinker thinks, the Prover proves". - Robert Anton Wilson

14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to sherbetjello For This Useful Post:

JSR is offline Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -Arthur Miller
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Papa View Post
    Sweet Jesus, my friend. This means they saw the hatchet coming.....
    Well if the case worker (or hired contractor) could smell the gas outside the home I'm sure an alert 7 year old child would have as well being INSIDE the home. I think even the 5 year old would have known smelling gas was not a good sign.

Unfortunately I had hoped that the boys went quickly and without fear. But it turns out from today's findings that the boys did indeed know the horrible violent end was coming.

And for that my heart breaks ....
    Indeed the Irony IS Rich

Jodi Arias- "Quick on the slime, Slow on the facts"- From Juan's Closing Argument

"The difference between a stumbling block and stepping stone is the character of the person walking the path."- Travis Victor Alexander

Yes, the kids clearly figured out something was very wrong.
    Just my opinion

I can't even put my head around any of this.

Lord, please help the family and friends! Hugs to Kiirsi.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    I can't even put my head around any of this.

Lord, please help the family and friends! Hugs to Kiirsi.
    I lurk here quite often and drawn mostly to crimes against sweet innocent children. At times (like this) I'm just sickened and my heart aches so much.

And I wonder why I subject myself to the horrificness of it all and why I don't look away. The only reason I can come up with is... these poor children don't have the choice to look away. They endure so much... some dying and some surviving.

I pray for all these tiny victims and their loved ones!! I will not look away.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LAMARQ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LAMARQ View Post
    I lurk here quite often and drawn mostly to crimes against sweet innocent children. At times (like this) I'm just sickened and my heart aches so much.

And I wonder why I subject myself to the horrificness of it all and why I don't look away. The only reason I can come up with is... these poor children don't have the choice to look away. They endure so much... some dying and some surviving.

I pray for all these tiny victims and their loved ones!! I will not look away.
    LAMARQ, bless you.

I spent over three months on a burn unit several years ago. The treatments were so horrifically painful that I have specified in my living will that I do not ever want to go through that again. I'd literally rather die.

The very worst part, for me, was the times when I felt I was alone and isolated with the pain.

Knowing someone like you is willing to look at the horror with them may well help a survivor.

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Unbelievable..the CPS worker says to the guy on the phone that the kids are in the house for approximately 10 minutes and she mentions that she smells gasoline. The guy on the phone goes on and on about who is supervising who and what color car the CPS worker is sitting in. Wasting another 2.5 precious minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by md89 View Post
    Unbelievable..the CPS worker says to the guy on the phone that the kids are in the house for approximately 10 minutes and she mentions that she smells gasoline. The guy on the phone goes on and on about who is supervising who and what color car the CPS worker is sitting in. Wasting another 2.5 precious minutes.
    So slow. He clearly hasn't figured out this was life threatening. Promises that first available deputy will contact. What time was that?
    Just my opinion

24. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by md89 View Post
    He promises that the deputy will contact, so this was not considered a life threatening emergency at the start. I knew that timeline of moments made no sense.
    Just my opinion

26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.

This breaks my heart.

How helpless that case worker must have felt. She knew something horrible was about to happen but could not do anything about it.

And those poor boys. Crying out. And nobody could help save them from their own father.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

That case worker must be devestated . She was clearly very sharp and noticed immediately something was wrong. God please send your angels to envelope her in a protective embrace.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post
    That case worker must be devestated . She was clearly very sharp and noticed immediately something was wrong. God please send your angels to envelope her in a protective embrace.
    Wouldn't be that hard to figure out since the guy locked her out. She also claims that by the time she made the 911 call (which was before the fire) the children had been in the house for about 10 minutes.
    Just my opinion

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Wouldn't be that hard to figure out since the guy locked her out. She also claims that by the time she made the 911 call (which was before the fire) the children had been in the house for about 10 minutes.
    Nowhere near the quick end I kept imagining in my head, the bottom just keeps falling out over and over again

Quote Originally Posted by indicat View Post
    Nowhere near the quick end I kept imagining in my head, the bottom just keeps falling out over and over again
    I didn't believe for a second it was "moments." He had a lot of things to do. If they released the times these calls were made it could make a good time line of this whole tragedy. And I bet the time line is much longer than moments or seconds being reported.
    Just my opinion

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

is there a link to hear the 911 calls made by the caseworker and the sister?

all i can find is the audio of fire dispatch

35. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast