2012.02.07 - 911 Tapes Released

Dr.Fessel

Reaction score
It just got worse.

komonews komonews.com
Case worker: "I could hear one of the kids crying, but he still wouldn't let me in ... He looked right at me and closed the door" #findsusan

komonews komonews.com
Case worker: "I smell gasoline, but he won't let me in. He's got the kids in the house, and he won't let me in." #findsusan

It just got worse.

komonews komonews.com
Case worker: "I could hear one of the kids crying, but he still wouldn't let me in ... He looked right at me and closed the door" #findsusan

Oh my :rose: When i heard that the hatchet had been used it crossed my mind the worker likely heard something. The sights and sounds will be forever in her mind. I feel for her tremendously.

Deputies released recordings of 911 calls made moments preceding and following the fatal explosion. Among the recordings is a call made by the state case worker assigned to the Powell boys.

"I smell gasoline, but he won't let me in. He's got the kids in the house, and he won't let me in," the case worker said. "I think I need help right away. He's on a very short leash with DSHS, and CPS has been involved. And this is the craziest thing."

"This could be life-threatening. He went to court on Wednesday and he didn't get his kids back and...I'm afraid for their lives," the case worker said.

Powell's own sister, Alina Powell, also called 911.

"I think my brother might be in trouble or something. He's sending weird emails, saying goodbye and stuff,” the sister said. The woman, who sounded very distraught, grew frustrated when she could not provide the dispatcher with her brother’s exact address.

“I don’t know. I just know how to get there,” said the woman, crying.

The recordings were released just hours after authorities revealed they have been investigating the disappearance of Susan Powell as a murder for at least several months, while they publicly left open the possibility that the Utah mother might be found alive.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/AP-Susan-Powell-case-called-a-murder-138892464.html

CPS workers are trained but nothing in this world could have prepared her for this.....she is another victim of that freak.

CPS workers are trained but nothing in this world could have prepared her for this.....she is another victim of that freak.

Without a doubt, no one should have ever asked her to deliver them there. No sane person would. I would have been too afraid w/o police officer with me.
Josh was unstable and hostile.

It just got worse.

komonews komonews.com

Sweet Jesus, my friend. This means they saw the hatchet coming.....

Sweet Jesus, my friend. This means they saw the hatchet coming.....

Well if the case worker (or hired contractor) could smell the gas outside the home I'm sure an alert 7 year old child would have as well being INSIDE the home. I think even the 5 year old would have known smelling gas was not a good sign.

Unfortunately I had hoped that the boys went quickly and without fear. But it turns out from today's findings that the boys did indeed know the horrible violent end was coming.

And for that my heart breaks ....

I can't even put my head around any of this.

Lord, please help the family and friends! Hugs to Kiirsi.

Yes, the kids clearly figured out something was very wrong.

Unbelievable..the CPS worker says to the guy on the phone that the kids are in the house for approximately 10 minutes and she mentions that she smells gasoline. The guy on the phone goes on and on about who is supervising who and what color car the CPS worker is sitting in. Wasting another 2.5 precious minutes.:notgood:

:(

This breaks my heart.

How helpless that case worker must have felt. She knew something horrible was about to happen but could not do anything about it.

And those poor boys. Crying out. And nobody could help save them from their own father.

That case worker must be devestated . She was clearly very sharp and noticed immediately something was wrong. God please send your angels to envelope her in a protective embrace.

Unbelievable..the CPS worker says to the guy on the phone that the kids are in the house for approximately 10 minutes and she mentions that she smells gasoline. The guy on the phone goes on and on about who is supervising who and what color car the CPS worker is sitting in. Wasting another 2.5 precious minutes.:notgood:

So slow. He clearly hasn't figured out this was life threatening. Promises that first available deputy will contact. What time was that?

is there a link to hear the 911 calls made by the caseworker and the sister?

all i can find is the audio of fire dispatch

He promises that the deputy will contact, so this was not considered a life threatening emergency at the start. I knew that timeline of moments made no sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back