Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nomoresorrow View Post
    Unfortunately we can't turn back the clock - Charlie & Brandon are gone - But I hope beyond hope that their tragic deaths shake up & wake up every professional working within CPS, the court system, and ERer's to treat every case and every call as though this case/this call could be a Charlie & Brandon Powell-type situation!
    I truly don't mean to be disagreeable, but this situation started with the judge who put JP before the kids.

CPS was FORCED to carry out the judge's orders. And that is sad.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Basmat For This Useful Post:

(BBM)
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    low on the totem pole??? Just what is the role of the dispatcher if not to take down critical information and dispatch quickly??? His role may have caused the deaths of the boys in that 8 min. delay in which he played God and assigned the call a low-priority for dispatch!!!!! He was NO innocent, and deserves to be fired! His situation was not "impossible" and if that is the case he definitely should not be a 911 operator!
    I agree LinasK, His/her role is far from low on the totem pole. 911 dispatchers are the gatekeepers and they hold a heck of alot of power in that position!
    JMO~

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nomoresorrow For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mgorules View Post
    BBM

I don't think it's the lack of a bubbly personality that bothers people-- and I would imagine that you are trained to not be emotionally invested. I think it's that most of us expect a more expeditious attitude when 911 is called. If you're calling 911 you probably don't have the luxury of time.

I'm not judging, I can only imagine how stressful of a job that would be-- but you're a 911 dispatcher, not a customer service rep at a call center, y'know?
    I'd say it was a lack of critical thinking.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sayd For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basmat View Post
    I truly don't mean to be disagreeable, but this situation started with the judge who put JP before the kids.

CPS was FORCED to carry out the judge's orders. And that is sad.
    Oh, I agree with you Basmat but I think there has to be safety-checks in place all along the way - at least until judges become more than human and less capable of making mistakes or become mindreaders. While I'd like to see serious changes myself within this p-poor system, I'm still not content to leave it all up to the discretion of one judge. Every agency involved with children needs to put safety mechanisms in place IMO.
    JMO~

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nomoresorrow For This Useful Post:

I want to blame a whole lot of people here, but even more I want to believe that this story has struck so hard that the agencies involved are taking the steps to retrain and replace the problems in their fields.

I would love to hear a public apology from the dispatcher because I am sure he was having a bad day, or hates his job, or busy playing a game on his phone, or whatever it was that stopped him from responding correctly to the dire phone call that day. I am sure he is also rocked by what transpired. We only heard all these people "before" and haven't heard their "after", kwim?

I do want the Judge to step down. She ultimately had the power to directly affect the lives of these boys, and she could be threatening for other families in the near or distant future.
    "Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open." - James Dewar

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sherbetjello For This Useful Post:

The "judge"

This woman ultimately condemned those boys to die. She was SO concerned and consumed with JP and HIS rights that she ignored those boys right to live.

I'm sorry for being judgmental, but she started this tragic ball rolling toward those two innocent boys.

When ANYONE is intent on protecting the "rights" of a suspected murderer versus the rights of innocent children to live there can be no defense of their intent.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Basmat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rotterdam View Post
    You are so right. Here we are scrutinizing the actions/reactions of two folks low on the totem pole. When the whole situation was created by much higher paid folks that made IMO very poor executive decisions resulting in an impossible situation for those two workers. One of them could have been easily killed too.
    Kind of follows a typical failed project fiasco . Panic & hysteria, search for the guilty and punishment of the innocent.
    I do agree. Although the 911 guy was deplorable (in my opinion), he is the low man on the totem pole. The truth is people way up higher dropped the ball too. But as life goes it is the lowest guy that is going to get it the worst...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sayd For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MsWeatherwax View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and be completely honest here, even though it doesn't make me the bigger person. If I was in that situation (even with another person) and I smelled gas, there is no way I would go into the house. No way. I'd feel bad about it for the rest of my life, but my own family would come first. I dare say that trained fire-fighters would be reluctant to enter a house if they thought they were walking into a gasoline explosion.
    You are right. Dead heroes are no comfort to your family. Nobody expects average working folks to react like they have some type of commando training.
    However, if your own child was in there, you probably would kick in the door.

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rotterdam For This Useful Post:

Here is what I don't understand. The SW apparently felt sufficiently endangered to move her car out of the driveway when she smell gasoline. She knew something bad could very well happen. I would have been screaming to have someone there NOW! Not that it may have made a difference at that point.
    The one thing that haunts me, and I may have gotten it wrong, was hearing the sister say something about getting an email that morning from Josh and not being really concerned. I guess she got 4 emails and it was the last one that caused her to call 911? I can't help but wish she had called 911 after the first one raised a red flag.
    WHAT IF THE HOKEY POKEY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT?

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DairyGirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rotterdam View Post
    You are right. Dead heroes are no comfort to your family. Nobody expects average working folks to react like they have some type of commando training.
    However, if your own child was in there, you probably would kick in the door.
    You are right on; don't you just know that the children's good grandfather would have kicked that door down in a heartbeat?

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sayd For This Useful Post:

(BBM)
    Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    Here is what I don't understand. The SW apparently felt sufficiently endangered to move her car out of the driveway when she smell gasoline. She knew something bad could very well happen. I would have been screaming to have someone there NOW! Not that it may have made a difference at that point.
    The one thing that haunts me, and I may have gotten it wrong, was hearing the sister say something about getting an email that morning from Josh and not being really concerned. I guess she got 4 emails and it was the last one that caused her to call 911? I can't help but wish she had called 911 after the first one raised a red flag.

She received 4 emails, and yes, I'd like to know the timing of each of them...

ETA:

Dispatcher: "What else did the e-mails say?"

Sister: "(crying)"

Dispatcher: "Alina, I need you to calm down, okay? What else did the e-mails say?"

Sister: "Nothing. He just... He just... He sent several e-mails saying stuff about how to handle his properties and how to handle his utilities. I don't know. It was just an e-mail"

Dispatcher: "Okay."

Sister: "They start a while ago. I didn't think anything of it because there was some weird e-mail that came in this morning that I dismissed and it didn't say anything from him. It was just some sort of forward or something."

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top...7HpJxfE8Q.cspx

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nomoresorrow For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nomoresorrow View Post
    Oh, I agree with you Basmat but I think there has to be safety-checks in place all along the way - at least until judges become more than human and less capable of making mistakes or become mindreaders. While I'd like to see serious changes myself within this p-poor system, I'm still not content to leave it all up to the discretion of one judge. Every agency involved with children needs to put safety mechanisms in place IMO.
    JMO~
    I must be dense.

I am going under the assumption (and yes I know that "ass=u=me") that this "judge" dropped the ball BIG time.

Those pics from last Wednesday with JP and his hollow and dead eyes were scary enough last Wednesday.

They became even scarier when he murdered his kids on Sunday.

Seriously....that judge was in the courtroom. IF she was paying an ounce of attention at all, she would have seen those DEAD eyes of JP.

She SHOULD have seen the evil emanating from those dead eyes that indicated he was just forming his plan to take those two boys out of this life.

I won't say more about myself and premonitions I have because I'll be criticized or it.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Basmat For This Useful Post:

I'm curious why the CPS lady did not know the address to which she just drove to ... 2 min to find the address??

They ought to fire that male 911 Op! He asked way to many questions that didn't matter and wasted too much time!
    MOO.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunsetbeach For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basmat View Post
    This woman ultimately condemned those boys to die. She was SO concerned and consumed with JP and HIS rights that she ignored those boys right to live.

I'm sorry for being judgmental, but she started this tragic ball rolling toward those two innocent boys.

When ANYONE is intent on protecting the "rights" of a suspected murderer versus the rights of innocent children to live there can be no defense of their intent.
    The Judge probably just followed the current law. Also we do not know if the other agencies brought up any objections. I do not think blame can be put solely on one person.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rotterdam For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    My bolding

But she did tell him, and she told him before she even got to the part about her car. She wasn't screaming but she did tell him very early in the call that she was shocked and needed someone there right away. Perhaps she thought remaining calm was best.

SOCIAL WORKER: I'm sorry, just a minute. Let me get in my car and see if I can find it. Nothing like this has ever happened before in these visitations, so, I'm really shocked and I can hear one of the kids crying but he still wouldn't let me in. OK, it is one, uh, one ... Oh, just a minute I have it here. You can't find me by GPS?
    911 OPERATOR: No.
    SOCIAL WORKER: OK, it is — I still can't find it. But I think I need help right away. He's on a very short leash with DSHS, and CPS has been involved. And this is the craziest thing. He looked right at me and closed the door. Are you there?
    911 OPERATOR: Yes ma'am, I'm just waiting to know where you are.
    SOCIAL WORKER: OK. It's 8119 189th St. Court East, Puyallup, 98375. And I'd like to pull out of the driveway because I smell gasoline and he won't let me in.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to annalia For This Useful Post:

Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast