Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 730
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by pip View Post
    I understand she was shocked. But as a "crisis worker", she must be trained by her employer to be prepared and effective as possible in the event of a crisis. How do we hope to have better crisis intervention for children without being able to address the obvious short-comings of the system in place to protect children in crisis? Ill-training is a short-coming. This is not an attack on the poor woman. It is an identified failure of the systems training and expectations of her. The address is crucial.
    If I were her, one of my emotions right now would be anger that I wasn't trained for a situation like this one.

    My heart goes out to her.



  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The bluest skies you've ever seen are in...
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    If I were her, one of my emotions right now would be anger that I wasn't trained for a situation like this one.

    My heart goes out to her.
    I totally and completely agree. I believe she is acutely aware now of the of the danger she was placed in, and the ill-preparation for such a task.
    Last edited by pip; 02-08-2012 at 01:39 AM.

    Perry, who was dubbed the "Velvet Hammer" by tweeters,
    went on to say that he believed there was sufficient evidence to sustain a
    first-degree murder conviction
    .

    "Justice has been served in the sense that the jury has spoken but justice will
    finally be served one day by the Judge of
    judges," Perry said during the morning show.
    "And she's going to live, deal with this for
    the rest of her life."

    RIP Caylee Marie


  3. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pip For This Useful Post:


  4. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,581
    Quote Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
    There will be NO bashing or deriding or second-guessing of what the social worker did, or how they reacted in the moment.

    May no one here ever have to experience what that person has.
    Yesyesyes.

    I am a social worker. My social worker friends and I are stunned and shaken and beyond saddened by this whole situation. We have tried to put ourselves in this caseworker's place...shuddered to imagine what she was going through. We have seriously questioned why we are in this line of work, and we have each set personal boundaries against working in supervised visitation situations.

    Several of us are currently working toward our psychotherapy licenses, and we agree that we will never agree to allow our offices to be used as venues for supervised visitation. In fact, I decided a long time ago that when I do go into private practice, my secretary/assistant will be a big, burly guy with a big, burly weapon for protection. A few of my friends used to chuckle when I'd say that. They aren't laughing now.

    God bless this poor woman. She was put in a situation that just never happens! And yet it did. Had she been a S.W.A.T. team member, much of what happened would have still happened. I pray she finds peace and can get the visions out of her head.



  5. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,607
    Quote Originally Posted by pip View Post
    I understand she was shocked. But as a "crisis worker", she must be trained by her employer to be prepared and effective as possible in the event of a crisis. How do we hope to have better crisis intervention for children without being able to address the obvious short-comings of the system in place to protect children in crisis? Ill-training is a short-coming. This is not an attack on the poor woman. It is an identified failure of the systems training and expectations of her. The address is crucial.
    Thank you I couldn't say it better.
    I am not blaming her I feel Josh has caused so much pain to everyone he meet. I feel horrible he traumatized her too.
    I do question CPS and the caseworkers do encounter some pretty scary situations daily from what I hear from friends who used to work in social services. From arguing parents, domestic violence to physical threats.
    I think they need training just as a police officer does. They are asking to protect and keep the peace in some really frightening, dangerous situations.
    If it was at an office she would have had many others to call in for help. I feel horrible they sent her there with those boys.


  6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to x_files For This Useful Post:


  7. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Neither am I. Not impressed. The first one (before the fire) promised her the first available deputy was going to contact her. How much before the fire was that?
    He was actually pretty rude to her at the end there.



  8. #66
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,324
    I am so distraught.

    I just heard about the hatchet. My heart is absolutely breaking. I am so sorry for these beautiful boys, their family and friends, omg.



  9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:


  10. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Near The Smoky Mts In Tn
    Posts
    38,085
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    The first 911 call was before the fire. So at that time 911 shouldn't have been overloaded with calls about explosions. They haven't happened yet.
    I believe 911 was getting calls from friends and relatives about the emails he'd sent out. The madness started well before the explosion.


    In The Forest With The Top Down


  11. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to christee For This Useful Post:


  12. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
    There will be NO bashing or deriding or second-guessing of what the social worker did, or how they reacted in the moment.

    May no one here ever have to experience what that person has.
    Thank you ynotdivein. And I have to add that if I see this social worker's name on this site, I'm going to warm up the ray gun.



  13. #69
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,632
    Pip, X, M Tee-thanks for turning the conversation into something positive, meaning there can be some good come out of this........


  14. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Starry Night For This Useful Post:


  15. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    21,793
    Quote Originally Posted by christee View Post
    I believe 911 was getting calls from friends and relatives about the emails he'd sent out. The madness started well before the explosion.
    The guy caseworker talked to before the fire clearly knew nothing about any of that.
    Just my opinion


  16. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

    knt

  17. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    21,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Thank you ynotdivein. And I have to add that if I see this social worker's name on this site, I'm going to warm up the ray gun.
    The name has been published in msm.
    Just my opinion


  18. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,429
    Quote Originally Posted by my_tee_mouse View Post
    Yesyesyes.

    I am a social worker. My social worker friends and I are stunned and shaken and beyond saddened by this whole situation. We have tried to put ourselves in this caseworker's place...shuddered to imagine what she was going through. We have seriously questioned why we are in this line of work, and we have each set personal boundaries against working in supervised visitation situations.

    Several of us are currently working toward our psychotherapy licenses, and we agree that we will never agree to allow our offices to be used as venues for supervised visitation. In fact, I decided a long time ago that when I do go into private practice, my secretary/assistant will be a big, burly guy with a big, burly weapon for protection. A few of my friends used to chuckle when I'd say that. They aren't laughing now.

    God bless this poor woman. She was put in a situation that just never happens! And yet it did. Had she been a S.W.A.T. team member, much of what happened would have still happened. I pray she finds peace and can get the visions out of her head.
    Thank You. This woman was placed in a situation that no one could have in their worst dreams imagined. It is an act of evil and this woman will live with it the rest of her life. I refuse to second guess her. I wasn't there and I won't ever in my heart believe she didn't do everything within her power to get help for those boys.



  19. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,568
    her name should have been redacted from the calls before being made public-hopefully the media will respect this poor woman's privacy and let her get the help she needs and not hound her for an interview!!!



  20. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    21,793
    Quote Originally Posted by SyraKelly View Post
    her name should have been redacted from the calls before being made public-hopefully the media will respect this poor woman's privacy and let her get the help she needs and not hound her for an interview!!!
    Knowing our media the chance of that happening is about nill to none.
    Just my opinion


  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:


  22. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,280
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    The name has been published in msm.
    ...as well as her cell phone #, both of which should have been redacted (and more personal data) before the release of these tapes.



Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lee's Testimony at the 911 tapes hearing
    By Aedrys in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 02:07 PM
  2. Were the 911 Tapes played During Hearing
    By Solace in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 04:25 PM
  3. New tapes to be released
    By Maven2379 in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 04:02 PM
  4. 911 Tapes
    By nuthill in forum Byrd and Melanie Billings
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 02:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •