Funeral Service for Charlie and Braden

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarple

Reaction score
The funeral service for Charlie and Braden is scheduled for Saturday, February 11, at 1 p.m. The service will be held at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Puyallup South Stake Building), 13420 94th Avenue East, Puyallup, Washington 98373. Curnow Funeral Home of Sumner is in charge.
Car-pooling is encouraged. For those of you living in this area, this building is not in downtown Puyallup, it is on South Hill, south of Puyallup. The public is invited to the service.

Oh how I wish I could be there to support the Coxes. I know the service will be very moving.

Thank you for the info. I admire her parents for always managing to do the right thing.

going to delete until i can find the link that says westboro

The boys will be buried in Woodbine Cemetery in a private service after the funeral. Woodbine is a lovely place located on South Hill just above Puyallup. Many pioneers are buried there.

Thank goodness the Coxes are burying those boys. I was worried the Powells would demand their remains or the right to bury them. I wonder if they will have their own memorial service. I wonder if they are even invited to this funeral.

I'm sure it will be a beautiful service. I feel so bad for the Coxes. I will continue to pray for them.

The service for Charlie and Braden has been moved to Life Center Church in Tacoma. It is a much larger church and has lots of parking. The Cox family moved the funeral to accommodate the over-whelming response by the public who plan to attend. The address of Life Center is 1717 South Union Avenue, Tacoma, Washington 98405. The time has also changed to 11 a.m.

Wish I could attend. I'll be there in spirit and will light 3 candles.

:rose:

Update so there is no confusion. . . . also I will ask Mods to merge both threads. See Updated funeral location changed thread.

The service for Charlie and Braden has been moved to Life Center Church in Tacoma. It is a much larger church and has lots of parking. The Cox family moved the funeral to accommodate the over-whelming response by the public who plan to attend. The address of Life Center is 1717 South Union Avenue, Tacoma, Washington 98405. The time has also changed to 11 a.m.

I am considering going. I am in Portland and I'm not sure my car would make it both ways. I am praying about it as I would really like to go and show support for the Cox family but I am sure that there will be a lot of people there to support them.

Here's the link about Westboro Baptist, and their planned picketing of the funeral.

Classy bunch of folks.

http://twitter.com/#!/MargieJPhelps/status/167080428652601344

@MargieJPhelps MargiePhelps
Westboro will picket the funerals of the Powell boys, Sat.,2/11, 12:15p, to remind @GovGregoire they died because of her rebellion. #obeyGod

OH MY GOSH!! Well, they can just join Josh in HELL when they leave this earth! What the heck is the matter with people like JP and these people???!!! Massive insanity.

OH MY GOSH!! Well, they can just join Josh in HELL when they leave this earth! What the heck is the matter with people like JP and these people???!!! Massive insanity.

I agree. If they want to disrupt a funeral, go to Josh's. They deserve each other.

Hopefully the funeral home has been alerted of this protest, cause in past protests at funerals directors of the home have been able to reroute it to where you can't see or here the people from WB.

*crosses fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members