1337 users online (255 members and 1082 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Josh Powell Money Trail (transfer of 7K)

I thought that this was being discussed allot and may get lost in all the different threads.
    Please put all links we find in 1 place from the day of murders/suicide or before that has money trail.
    This may be important.
    Thanks
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

http://www.9news.com/news/article/24...efore-killings

Investigators say Josh Powell withdrew $7,000 in cash from a bank the day before he killed himself and his two young sons in a house fire in Washington state.

Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist said detectives obtained Powell's bank records Monday, and on Tuesday they searched a storage unit he rented. It isn't clear what happened to the money.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

Didn't he write about the money in one of the emails? I don't recall who the recipient of the email was.

So how does Josh have $7,000 to withdraw in the first place?

The WVC house was rented out, but that income would presumably be soaked up paying the mortgage on the same property (since he didn't own it outright). Then there's was rent to pay on the house he torched, which he's lived in since he moved out of the Steve Powell family house. He has had no job since he failed to turn up for work the day after Susan disappeared. Did he have any investment income? Did Steve Powell give him lump sums of cash before he was jailed (again, I assume SP had no access to his own funds after he was jailed)?

What would YOU do with $7k, if you were planning on killing yourself the next day? Mail it to someone? Stash it somewhere, with information on how to find it?

To others, including his cousins and pastor, he sent longer emails, with instructions on where to find his money and how to shut off his utilities. In at least one email, he wrote that he couldn't live without his boys, Troyer said.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...-before-blaze/

So who has the money?

Possibilities

Until we get some facts here are some possibilites:

1) He mailed the 7k to family member for funeral
    expenses

2) he mailed it back to family member who had loaned it to him

3)He wanted it to burn with him so no one could have it. *

4) He hid it somewhere

5) He met a family member or friend and gave them the money and told them about killing himself (left out the kids)

*It sounds like (from his parents divorce, etc) that he had a bizarre relationship with SP. It could have been a weird worship love/ hate thing. Maybe he feared/respected his dad, and now at the end of his life wanted to screw him over by burning the money up? Maybe he felt that his dad ruined his life? IDK

Just some opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post

Whoopsie, didn't see this. So it looks like this will be clear shortly.

No known connections involved, but does this statement have any connection to the money?

http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2...0-08043300.pdf
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Another theory about the $7K: It was SP's money that JP kept in his own bank account to transfer to SP's jailhouse account as needed. To keep the account out of probate and immediately available to SP (SP's own idea if he knew what JP planned to do???), JP emailed instructions to his sister AP on where to find it so that she could resume the transfer duties.

Josh had a lot to say to Alina, sending her FOUR emails that she refused to voluntarily turn over to police: http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sus...u5ApM3X-Q.cspx
    "She was just always so sweet and everybody loved her...she was just amazing"

~ <insert name here> after they find out their best friend is a murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartleby View Post
    So how does Josh have $7,000 to withdraw in the first place?

The WVC house was rented out, but that income would presumably be soaked up paying the mortgage on the same property (since he didn't own it outright). Then there's was rent to pay on the house he torched, which he's lived in since he moved out of the Steve Powell family house. He has had no job since he failed to turn up for work the day after Susan disappeared. Did he have any investment income? Did Steve Powell give him lump sums of cash before he was jailed (again, I assume SP had no access to his own funds after he was jailed)?

What would YOU do with $7k, if you were planning on killing yourself the next day? Mail it to someone? Stash it somewhere, with information on how to find it?
    BBM Actually, I think he was currently working because his boss was one of the 911 callers. He called in after he saw it on the news.

I am curious as to what kind of business it is.

O/T but how did Steve P. make a living?
    How much was he worth before this all happened?
    Able to have a grand house and keep his adult children
    and the boys there???
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

Angry The "Statement"

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    No known connections involved, but does this statement have any connection to the money?

http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2...0-08043300.pdf
    Unbelievable! There is apparently only ONE normal person in this family and that would be the sister who escaped from them= Jennifer Graves.

I kept waiting for the statement to make some mention of WHAT JOSH HAD DONE TO HIS BOYS... but nope... nada... nothing.

How was THIS the governments fault... the media... the internet? They are all warped thinkers- even dangerous IMO.

Those poor boys and Susan- may they rest in peace. Josh- not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    O/T but how did Steve P. make a living?
    How much was he worth before this all happened?
    Able to have a grand house and keep his adult children
    and the boys there???
    SP worked for the Dept of Corrections (oh, the irony!) and made about $60k a year. His house isn't that grand. Pretty typical tract house.
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian

Quote Originally Posted by gwenabob View Post
    SP worked for the Dept of Corrections (oh, the irony!) and made about $60k a year. His house isn't that grand. Pretty typical tract house.
    Thankyou, it does come back to me now about the Dept, of Corrections.........

Do we know if jp took out ALL his money?
    Close the acct?
    How much is left in it?
    Any other person name on the account?
    Was it from a checking or savings?
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by karen7868 View Post
    BBM Actually, I think he was currently working because his boss was one of the 911 callers. He called in after he saw it on the news.

I am curious as to what kind of business it is.
    From what I could find, it is called One Red X Software. They create custom software for several industries. Software dev or QA pays pretty well, so it would explain his stash of money.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast