1129 users online (271 members and 858 guests)  

Websleuths News


Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 142
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Josh did have a mentally disabled brother.
    This story keeps getting worse.
    Was he also abused in this family? oh brother...just sick to my stomach.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    He had a job making pretty good money

    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53...-josh.html.csp
    From the article:

    When Ed Wadagnolo posted a job opening for his small software company last year, he received an application from an experienced programmer named Josh Powell.

    Occasionally, employees have to come to the workplace for a meeting or other business, but for the most part everyone works from home and makes their own hours, Wadagnolo said.


    Wadagnolo said Wednesday he doesn’t think Powell had visited since November. Wadagnolo said Powell’s salary was in the range of $40,000 to the $60,000s.


    He was making plenty of money, working from home, on software.

    Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,773
    Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    From the article:

    When Ed Wadagnolo posted a job opening for his small software company last year, he received an application from an experienced programmer named Josh Powell.

    Occasionally, employees have to come to the workplace for a meeting or other business, but for the most part everyone works from home and makes their own hours, Wadagnolo said.


    Wadagnolo said Wednesday he doesn’t think Powell had visited since November. Wadagnolo said Powell’s salary was in the range of $40,000 to the $60,000s.


    He was making plenty of money, working from home, on software.
    Wonder if it's yet occurred to Mr. Wadagnolo that jp could have left some little disgusting things hidden in his work. jp is a poster child for entitlement, it would fit with how he saw the world.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    While it is possible to fake your own death (I saw a true crime show on a guy who hired a guy with the same height and build as him to do some work, then killed him by crushing him under a car- releasing the car jack) to get the insurance money, who would the other adult male victim be if not Josh???
    I saw on a show where a married couple dug up a woman's body from the cemetery and placed it in the husband's car to make it appear he died in a fiery car crash so that she could collect insurance money. All I really remember was his name was "Clint or Clinton", so you could probably google it.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    23,785
    Quote Originally Posted by karen7868 View Post
    I saw on a show where a married couple dug up a woman's body from the cemetery and placed it in the husband's car to make it appear he died in a fiery car crash so that she could collect insurance money. All I really remember was his name was "Clint or Clinton", so you could probably google it.
    This guy had solicited two guys from Home Depot who resembled him. The older one, who was a more close resemblance, backed out at the last minute, so he went with the younger guy, still similar height and build, and the younger guy wanted the "work" because he needed the money. He had no idea he was being ambushed!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  6. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacie Estes View Post
    The 7k may have been given to him by steve to run the house where all the non-working adults lived. jp would have passed it to Alina to use for household expenses. I would think steve's accounts were frozen because of the kiddie porn; possibility of profiting from the porn. Depending on the monthly expenses of the house, they won't last much longer. Somebody has to get a job.
    I'm sure the mystery of where the money went will be solved when LE obtains the emails that his sister refused to release to them. She has or will receive that money.

  7. #52
    In September 2011 ABC gained exclusive access to the Powell home for GMA. The hangman's noose caught on CBS cameras {among other things} heightened authorities suspicions. The money possibly is leftover from the GMA segment on the Powells. It aired the last week of September 2011 - approximately 4 months before the end of Josh Powell. Here are the photos of the hangman's noose and the home. This was Steven's home - the boys lived there with Josh and Steven and other family members after Josh and the boys left Utah - before Josh moved into the 189th Street Court East Home. {Link - http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile/52...noose.html.csp }

    The GMA and other media appearances {or selling of family photos - and bypassing a personal appearance} could account for the acquiring of the money - then using for living costs + the move out of the Puyallup home.

    As far as the 7000$ I guess it was one transaction - the final transaction - a withdrawl or something - the remainder of his account that he was clearing out before the 5th of February. So either gave the money to someone - LE either knows - or soon will.





    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Human Beings Are All Members Of One Body.
    They Are Created From The Same Essence.
    When One Member Is In Pain,
    The Others Cannot Rest.
    If You Do Not Care About The Pain Of Others,
    You Do Not Deserve To Be Called A Human Being.~


    A Quote From 13th Century Famous Persian Poet Saadi Shirazi

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic72981_1.gif

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    651
    Does anyone know if he had a safety deposit box at the post office that he could have put the money in and left Alina the key?

    For some reason, I keep thinking I heard something about a metal lock box. This is what I thought they would find in the storage unit. So, since they apparently did not find any, could he have had a safety deposit box?
    Last edited by karen7868; 02-10-2012 at 07:11 PM.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,493
    So is the paper mache goose supposed to represent a cooked goose? Some sad humor to go with the noose?

    Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsPlayThing View Post
    In September 2011 ABC gained exclusive access to the Powell home for GMA. The hangman's noose caught on CBS cameras {among other things} heightened authorities suspicions. The money possibly is leftover from the GMA segment on the Powells. It aired the last week of September 2011 - approximately 4 months before the end of Josh Powell. Here are the photos of the hangman's noose and the home. This was Steven's home - the boys lived there with Josh and Steven and other family members after Josh and the boys left Utah - before Josh moved into the 189th Street Court East Home. {Link - http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile/52...noose.html.csp }

    The GMA and other media appearances {or selling of family photos - and bypassing a personal appearance} could account for the acquiring of the money - then using for living costs + the move out of the Puyallup home.

    As far as the 7000$ I guess it was one transaction - the final transaction - a withdrawl or something - the remainder of his account that he was clearing out before the 5th of February. So either gave the money to someone - LE either knows - or soon will.





    BBM. So, I guess this means Alina will and has been making some money off this?

    I don't care if the Cox's do. They need the money for the funerals, etc.

    I bet ole Alina will just have Josh creamated, which only costs approx. $2500 and will keep the rest.

    I am going to be sick now.


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,902
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsPlayThing View Post
    In September 2011 ABC gained exclusive access to the Powell home for GMA. The hangman's noose caught on CBS cameras {among other things} heightened authorities suspicions. The money possibly is leftover from the GMA segment on the Powells. It aired the last week of September 2011 - approximately 4 months before the end of Josh Powell. Here are the photos of the hangman's noose and the home. This was Steven's home - the boys lived there with Josh and Steven and other family members after Josh and the boys left Utah - before Josh moved into the 189th Street Court East Home. {Link - http://m.sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile/52...noose.html.csp }

    The GMA and other media appearances {or selling of family photos - and bypassing a personal appearance} could account for the acquiring of the money - then using for living costs + the move out of the Puyallup home.

    As far as the 7000$ I guess it was one transaction - the final transaction - a withdrawl or something - the remainder of his account that he was clearing out before the 5th of February. So either gave the money to someone - LE either knows - or soon will.





    First time I saw that art thing I thought it was a flying salamander which was probably some anti-mormon thing.

  12. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    First time I saw that art thing I thought it was a flying salamander which was probably some anti-mormon thing.
    Man that was funny - I thought it was a paper maché rendition of a rubber chicken or some home-made Piñata.
    ~Human Beings Are All Members Of One Body.
    They Are Created From The Same Essence.
    When One Member Is In Pain,
    The Others Cannot Rest.
    If You Do Not Care About The Pain Of Others,
    You Do Not Deserve To Be Called A Human Being.~


    A Quote From 13th Century Famous Persian Poet Saadi Shirazi

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic72981_1.gif

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,099
    Ben Winslow @BenWinslow
    We've posted the police timeline of #JoshPowell's last 24 hours: bit.ly/y4pKc5 #findsusan
    My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,493
    "Comforter in Powell unit tests positive for blood"
    By MANUEL VALDES and MIKE BAKER | Associated Press – 18 mins ago http://news.yahoo.com/comforter-powe...221827023.html

    Not sure if this belongs here or has already been discussed on another thread --- if so, mods, please move or delete.
    If there's any solace to be found at all, it would be to find out where Susans' remains are -- for her family.

  15. #60
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Quote Originally Posted by karen7868 View Post
    I saw on a show where a married couple dug up a woman's body from the cemetery and placed it in the husband's car to make it appear he died in a fiery car crash so that she could collect insurance money. All I really remember was his name was "Clint or Clinton", so you could probably google it.
    I remember this too, but not the creep's name....or his accomplice wife. The mental abuse they put their son thru was unreal. It was really daddy, but the very new bf was called some other name. The child kept insisting it was daddy, but they kept telling him "No, it's xxxxxx" Unbelievable.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Dateline with Josh Powell 12-9-11
    By Kimmer in forum Susan Cox Powell
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 01-04-2012, 09:37 PM
  2. Josh Powell Gets Children Taken Away
    By Opp2mystic1 in forum Susan Cox Powell
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2011, 11:30 PM
  3. Replies: 76
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 06:35 PM

Tags for this Thread