MISTRIAL CO - Dr. Leslie Mueller, 47, dies in fall from cliff, Lake City, 3 May 2008

I will have to do some digging to see what else I can find about this case. San Angelo is not far from where I live. This one is not ringing any bells for me and I pay close attention to the news. (Not surprised though. News coverage in my city consists mostly of whatever is spoon fed to the media by police, and that is not much)

It was on 48 hours aired 10/12/13...

I don't know what to make out of it ....

I wonder if LE looked for DNA under her nails, specially FM had very visible scratches in his face..

I know she was in the water, but even then there would be I possibility to find some...

It really strikes me odd that she doesn't have the injuries which would be normal after such a fall FM is claiming she took....

MOO

rest in peace Leslie...

Micci

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It watched that too micci! I totally say he's guilty....the scratches on his face, her lack of injuries from a fall and, most of all, his demeanor during the 911 call....he just wasn't believable to me.

I sure hope they re-try him.....I guess they have 90 days to decide.

There is a hearing Tuesday at 1:30 to discuss what will happen next. IF the state decides to retry (3rd time) the trial must happen in 90 days.

I hope so too... And specially that they try to re-evaluate the whole situation ...

I couldn't find anything about LE testing and searching under her fingernails specially with obvious documented scratches in his face...

And he was really fast to re-marry a woman he knew before (I know this one is only speculating) ... I wonder if the "kids" really believe in him or if they are just in denial or scared....

In my opinion there are still to many open questions ...

Micci

I believe Leslie was wearing gloves when her body was recovered.

I don't know - but I think it might be possible to scratch someone's skin even with gloves on. If I remember, the gloves were the kind that had "nubs" on the palms. The scratches don't look like they came from bushes to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if the crime scene work was a bit neglected because of FM stating that it was an accident .... There is so much amiss ...

What I found interesting: the mechanics of such a fall are obvious, and the place Leslie ended up just doesn't add up...
Specially when they showed in 48 hours the path leading down to the water which would make totally sense....

I watched that too today; and I totally don't believe him. Not at all.

Saw the episode, too. I didn't find him (Fred) credible at all. It will be interesting to see if they go for a third.

I watch a lot of these type of shows (okay, too many) and the thing I find nauseating is how frequently they portray the 'perfect' family, and/or marriage--it always makes me suspicious--it doesn't exist.

Wish they would have given more details as to the life insurance and his new wife. Both possible motives where a clear-cut motive was not presented.

I'm not totally convinced of his guilt.

-One of the things that stood out for me was how upset he was by the second hung jury. Had he been guilty, I would think he would be very relieved by a hung jury, not anguished.
-The fact that they were trying to have their son join them on their hike made me think this wasn't premeditated.
-They were REALLY reaching with the secretary's testimony and trying to spin her into being a mistress when she plainly said she didn't find him inappropriate and he never said anything sexual. Just sounded to me like her own husband has a jealousy issue.
-He remarried over a year (almost 2) after his wife's death. Don't forget, this was a family friend, so the getting-to-know-you is abbreviated.
-His wife's own parents support him. I usually weigh that heavily because when something like this happens I think the family of the victim will always scrutinize the closest and be the hardest to convince of your innocence.

I'm not totally convinced of his guilt.

-One of the things that stood out for me was how upset he was by the second hung jury. Had he been guilty, I would think he would be very relieved by a hung jury, not anguished.
-The fact that they were trying to have their son join them on their hike made me think this wasn't premeditated.
-They were REALLY reaching with the secretary's testimony and trying to spin her into being a mistress when she plainly said she didn't find him inappropriate and he never said anything sexual. Just sounded to me like her own husband has a jealousy issue.
-He remarried over a year (almost 2) after his wife's death. Don't forget, this was a family friend, so the getting-to-know-you is abbreviated.
-His wife's own parents support him. I usually weigh that heavily because when something like this happens I think the family of the victim will always scrutinize the closest and be the hardest to convince of your innocence.

Good points Madam Reporter!

I have to admit that I did pause when they mentioned that they had wanted the son to join them on the hike. Also I did think that the secretary's testimony hurt the prosecution....seemed contrived just to score points but backfired.

I was surprised that wife's parents supported him.....didn't expect that.

Hmmm....why can't these cases be black & white? I need to see if I can re-watch that episode on my iPad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22
Back