711 users online (76 members and 635 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA - Attempted Abduction Caught On Tape, Guy On Parole For Manslaughter

Thomas Andrew Woods fresh out of prison on parole for manslaughter decided to abduct a 7 year old girl in Walmart.

Bless this little girl who fought this creep with all her might despite having strep throat. Brittney Baxter was home sick from school when nutter picked her up and tried to kidnapp her.

All on surveilance from Walmart.

http://www.ajc.com/news/suspect-in-a...l-1338449.html

Brave brave little girl!!!

Way to go! But . . . leaving your kid in the toy aisle, even for a minute, while off getting something else, is a huge mistake. Predators know parents do this and take advantage of it, as shown on the video. The toy aisle is not a daycare of babysitter. I wish more parents realized this. A friend of mine had her 3-year-old snatched out of a store, and she had her child with her. She just turned to look on the other side of the aisle and this guy grabbed her daughter and ran out the door with her. They found her minutes later thrown into a patch of blackberry bushes, pants pulled off, and having been raped. Don't mean to lecture, but I see kids by themselves all the time in stores while mom is off trying on clothes or getting something from another area of the store.

I seen this clip on the news this morning as I was getting dressd for work.

They were coming up with the story but I never got to listen to it.

Does anyone know what the little girl did to get him to put her down? Was she screaming? Bitting? Kicking? Thank God this didn't turn out no worse. She'll probably have nightmares for a long time.

She screamed and fought. Smart chickie. You know what really impressed me? When the guy dropped her, she composed herself for only a couple of seconds until she took off running in the opposite direction. I don't think many adults could have composed themselves so swiftly....and she's seven!!!!

An excellent reminder, Mayra, but I doubt that there's a parent alive who hasn't made this mistake at least once. My heart goes out to the mother as I know how guilty she must feel. I imagine that child will now have Mom and Dad holding her tight--oh, for the next 30 years or so.

Filly standing at the public restroom door, watching out for her almost grown nephews, comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    She screamed and fought. Smart chickie. You know what really impressed me? When the guy dropped her, she composed herself for only a couple of seconds until she took off running in the opposite direction. I don't think many adults could have composed themselves so swiftly....and she's seven!!!!

An excellent reminder, Mayra, but I doubt that there's a parent alive who hasn't made this mistake at least once. My heart goes out to the mother as I know how guilty she must feel. I imagine that child will now have Mom and Dad holding her tight--oh, for the next 30 years or so.

Filly standing at the public restroom door, watching out for her almost grown nephews, comes to mind.
    I can honestly say I never, ever did this with my daughter. She was not allowed to leave my side in a store. I always had problems with people being attracted to her. When she was a baby in the cart, people would follow me through the store to talk to her. So, I was very, very careful.

I'm not trying to be holier-than-thou. Someone still got her, but it was at daycare. As over protective as I was, someone still got her. It eats at my soul.
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

The perp is being held on attempted kidnapping charges. I wish it was attempted murder charges because you know he would have killed her. Scary.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Here's a great clip with an interview of the little girl, from ABC: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...art-kidnapper/
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

GA - 2nd grader fights off kidnapper in walmart!!!!

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/parenting...-28242481.html

How horrifying! Brave lil girl!!!! Moms around the world WHY do you still leave your kids unattended "just for a second" ?

Best of all: this POS was just released from prison from a MANSLAUGHTER charge!!!!!!

And everyone here knows how far my protective nature got me too. The predators are faster than we are, I'm sorely afraid. Ready to strike in the blink of an eye.

I'm so sorry about your daughter, Belinda.

Just saw this on HLN's - Thank God this precious little girl is safe - Tears of joy!

Wtg. I'm so proud of this kid. I'm so glad they caught this guy. He will keep doing this.

Walmart seems to be the place people get taken.
    I was followed there too and had to call a security guard. When I got to
    the parking lot, my brakes had been tampered with.

Parents, please do not leave your children unattended.

Goz

This little Brittney is very compossed child.

We're not blaming victims here, but I can also honestly say I am like Belinda. Never, ever, ever let my DD out of my sight in a store. Thankfully often I didn't have to take her with me. Last place I'd take my eyes off a child is a toy isle, playground, supermarket. I did plenty of things wrong as a parent, but wasn't no way anyone was taking my kid.

Mayra, that is awful for your friend. I am sorry.

B, you know I love ya.

O.K. he did that small bit of time for murdering his own Uncle. This guy swears he wasn't even in Walmart. He's been "so good" and compliant even his PO gave him some leeway.

Mom Georgeann Baxter was a few feet away picking up groceries. Brittney said the man came up to her in the toy isle and started talking to her. She then said "I'm gonna go see what my momma is doing" and he picked her up and ran.

Of course this can happen anywhere, but in these bog box stores the merchandise is piled so high up there's no way you can see the next isle. Also I noticed the way they are laid out someone can scope you if they are in the same isle, but several down. Does it have to come to them enforcing you don't leave your child unattended? Again no doubt this poor lady was overwhelmed. The little girl was sick. Maybe has more kids at home to prepare for. Hundreds of things going through her mind. You just never know.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/man-a...-violen/nHYpd/

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    To see this happen on video in real time ... I'm shaking & I'm gonna vomit.

So glad this child is safe. She and her family are very lucky, and blessed. I hope they don't suffer any PTSD...
    I know where you post.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast