GA - Attempted Abduction Caught On Tape, Guy On Parole For Manslaughter

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Thomas Andrew Woods fresh out of prison on parole for manslaughter decided to abduct a 7 year old girl in Walmart.

Bless this little girl who fought this creep with all her might despite having strep throat. Brittney Baxter was home sick from school when nutter picked her up and tried to kidnapp her.

All on surveilance from Walmart.

http://www.ajc.com/news/suspect-in-attempted-wal-1338449.html

Way to go! But . . . leaving your kid in the toy aisle, even for a minute, while off getting something else, is a huge mistake. Predators know parents do this and take advantage of it, as shown on the video. The toy aisle is not a daycare of babysitter. I wish more parents realized this. A friend of mine had her 3-year-old snatched out of a store, and she had her child with her. She just turned to look on the other side of the aisle and this guy grabbed her daughter and ran out the door with her. They found her minutes later thrown into a patch of blackberry bushes, pants pulled off, and having been raped. Don't mean to lecture, but I see kids by themselves all the time in stores while mom is off trying on clothes or getting something from another area of the store.

I seen this clip on the news this morning as I was getting dressd for work.

They were coming up with the story but I never got to listen to it.

Does anyone know what the little girl did to get him to put her down? Was she screaming? Bitting? Kicking? Thank God this didn't turn out no worse. She'll probably have nightmares for a long time.

She screamed and fought. Smart chickie. You know what really impressed me? When the guy dropped her, she composed herself for only a couple of seconds until she took off running in the opposite direction. I don't think many adults could have composed themselves so swiftly....and she's seven!!!!

An excellent reminder, Mayra, but I doubt that there's a parent alive who hasn't made this mistake at least once. My heart goes out to the mother as I know how guilty she must feel. I imagine that child will now have Mom and Dad holding her tight--oh, for the next 30 years or so.

Filly standing at the public restroom door, watching out for her almost grown nephews, comes to mind.

She screamed and fought. Smart chickie. You know what really impressed me? When the guy dropped her, she composed herself for only a couple of seconds until she took off running in the opposite direction. I don't think many adults could have composed themselves so swiftly....and she's seven!!!!

An excellent reminder, Mayra, but I doubt that there's a parent alive who hasn't made this mistake at least once. My heart goes out to the mother as I know how guilty she must feel. I imagine that child will now have Mom and Dad holding her tight--oh, for the next 30 years or so.

Filly standing at the public restroom door, watching out for her almost grown nephews, comes to mind.

I can honestly say I never, ever did this with my daughter. She was not allowed to leave my side in a store. I always had problems with people being attracted to her. When she was a baby in the cart, people would follow me through the store to talk to her. So, I was very, very careful.

I'm not trying to be holier-than-thou. Someone still got her, but it was at daycare. As over protective as I was, someone still got her. It eats at my soul.

The perp is being held on attempted kidnapping charges. I wish it was attempted murder charges because you know he would have killed her. Scary.

And everyone here knows how far my protective nature got me too. The predators are faster than we are, I'm sorely afraid. Ready to strike in the blink of an eye.

I'm so sorry about your daughter, Belinda.

Just saw this on HLN's - Thank God this precious little girl is safe - Tears of joy!

Wtg. I'm so proud of this kid. I'm so glad they caught this guy. He will keep doing this.

Walmart seems to be the place people get taken.
I was followed there too and had to call a security guard. When I got to
the parking lot, my brakes had been tampered with.

Parents, please do not leave your children unattended.

Goz

This little Brittney is very compossed child.

We're not blaming victims here, but I can also honestly say I am like Belinda. Never, ever, ever let my DD out of my sight in a store. Thankfully often I didn't have to take her with me. Last place I'd take my eyes off a child is a toy isle, playground, supermarket. I did plenty of things wrong as a parent, but wasn't no way anyone was taking my kid.

Mayra, that is awful for your friend. I am sorry.

B, you know I love ya.

O.K. he did that small bit of time for murdering his own Uncle. This guy swears he wasn't even in Walmart. He's been "so good" and compliant even his PO gave him some leeway.

Mom Georgeann Baxter was a few feet away picking up groceries. Brittney said the man came up to her in the toy isle and started talking to her. She then said "I'm gonna go see what my momma is doing" and he picked her up and ran.

Of course this can happen anywhere, but in these bog box stores the merchandise is piled so high up there's no way you can see the next isle. Also I noticed the way they are laid out someone can scope you if they are in the same isle, but several down. Does it have to come to them enforcing you don't leave your child unattended? Again no doubt this poor lady was overwhelmed. The little girl was sick. Maybe has more kids at home to prepare for. Hundreds of things going through her mind. You just never know.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/man-accused-trying-abduct-child-walmart-had-violen/nHYpd/

To see this happen on video in real time ... I'm shaking & I'm gonna vomit.

So glad this child is safe. She and her family are very lucky, and blessed. I hope they don't suffer any PTSD...

I am so glad she got away, and he didn't. Just out of prison. Well he'll be right back where he belongs. The prisoners don't like child molesters, he will pay in more ways than one. They think the assailant was listening to the mother telling the daughter that they would be separating . Her older brother taught his sister Britney how to fight. Kick and scream something that John Walsh always says he wishes he would have taught Adam. Stupid didn't know he was on surveillance.

Shocking! What a nasty man! I hope they are able to nail his butt and give him lots of prison time. So proud of this little girl! So brave, saved her life and helped other kids with her example. Very proud! Glad it turned out positive. So sick of these nasty men. They make me sick!

I can honestly say I never, ever did this with my daughter. She was not allowed to leave my side in a store. I always had problems with people being attracted to her. When she was a baby in the cart, people would follow me through the store to talk to her. So, I was very, very careful.

I'm not trying to be holier-than-thou. Someone still got her, but it was at daycare. As over protective as I was, someone still got her. It eats at my soul.

Belinda, I am so sorry about your daughter!

I saw this little girl on the news. What a brave little thing. So happy that she is safe. I believe it is unrealistic to expect parents to keep their children in sight every minute of the day but the toy section of any store is not a place for children to be left alone -- and children should not be left unattended in WalMart or other such store.

My mom put a harness on us. There were three of us it was the only way she could keep up with us. This was 50 some years ago. I wished I had one of those harnesses with my two.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back