Straight Outta Compton: Cali's only drive-thru funeral parlor

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Drive-through funeral parlour... for mourners who don't feel like coming to a dead stop
---
Office manager Denise Knowles-Bragg said the parlour offered a unique and convenient alternative to traditional burial methods.

She denied that the parlour was gimmicky or heartless, saying it was actually good for elderly mourners who found it difficult to walk, for those who wanted to make a quick stop during their lunch hour, or for families who might be expecting many visitors.

Ironically, in the land of the 'drive-by shooting', the mortuary became popular with gang members after cemetery shootouts in the 1980s made them reluctant to gather for funerals.
---
much more, including several pictures, at link above

"Straight Outta Compton" NWA

Well, not my cuppa, but theyve been in business for long enough that it is certainly serving the needs of enough people to justify it.

I mostly had to comment though to thank you for the NWA quote lol... Took me right back to my urban high school, NWA, Public Enemy, BDP, EPMD, Eric B & Rakim, De La Soul, they all provided pretty much the background soundtrack to my years there.

Except I'm giggling because now I'm singing that first line to Straight Outta Compton, can't get it outta my head, and I'm hoping I don't slip and say it out loud as I'm getting the kids ready for school. Really would be bad if my preschooler went into school and repeated it, and said he heard it from Mom! :floorlaugh:

Straight outta Compton! A crazy *********** named Ice Cube!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back