Sex Female
Height (inches) 63.0 to 68.0
Weight (pounds) 120.0 to 140.0

Circumstances
City Miami
State Florida
Zip code 33155
County Miami-Dade

Circumstances The missing person left her residence and never returned. The missing person called her daughter in a hysterical state warning her to leave the residence because the family was in danger.

Physical
Hair color Sandy
Head hair Sandy brown
Left eye color Brown
Right eye color Brown
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Distinctive features as described below
Scars and marks: Scar behind both ears as a result of plastic surgery
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing Green slacks, black blouse, and rust colored jacket
Footwear Rust colored wooden shoes
Jewelry Cartier watch with black band

Dental
Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available

DNA

Fingerprint Information

Police Information
Title Detective
First name John
Last name Perez
Jurisdiction County
Agency Miami-Dade Police Department
Address 1 1701 NW 87th Avenue
Address 2
City Miami
State Florida
Zip code 33172
Phone 305-418-7200
Email jpperez@mdpd.com
Website
Case number PD060215082509
Date reported March 19, 1980
Comments Cross Ref to Case: 86278A

I submitted this Jane Doe to the ME as a possible match on 2/2/12 and asked if they thought the remains may have been there since 1980.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5529

They replied:

I looked into this case and our office has submitted DNA that has been entered into NamUs database. Once the missing person’s department has collected DNA from her family and it is entered into NamUs’s database, then the process of elimination will began. At this time there is not enough information reported to proceed with a comparison or elimination.

They never answered about the length of time they might have been there.

I emailed LE handling her case to see if DNA is on file or is obtainable.

I just spoke with Detective Perez. Very nice guy :) He thanked me for submitting this match and wanted to let me know that they tracked down her daughter for dna. They have submitted the dna to NamUs and are waiting on the results. He said he would let me know what the outcome is...

I just sent a follow up email to Det. Perez. Hopefully they have results by now, its been almost 2 months...

Update: they are requesting DNA from a different family member to compare as well...

Adelaida's story just came up on my FB.

I am intrigued. Was she married? Divorced? Were there searches for her? Where did she live? Just thinking out loud.

I was browsing some missing Miami cold cases and started researching. Adelaida was married and divorced him by 1978. She filed in 1974. She lived rather close to him after the divorce. Looks like he remarried the same year their divorce went through and lived rather close to her. The location where they lived would make sense to drive directly west towards the Everglades and dump a body in a canal that's infested with alligators. I used to live between their residence and the canal. I wonder if the DNA ever matched.

Hi. Did you ever hear back from the detective about the DNA? There have been so many changes in personnel, so he may not have got back to you if someone else is handling cold cases.

Hi. Did you ever hear back from the detective about the DNA? There have been so many changes in personnel, so he may not have got back to you if someone else is handling cold cases.

No I never heard back.

This is a heartbreaking case. Surely she explained to her daughter what it was she was afraid of... LE must be keeping it close to the chest.

Such a strange case

5 unidentified rule outs

Attachments

• 20230426_212847.jpg
    20230426_212847.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 0

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics