991 users online (193 members and 798 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Woman accused of wanting to kill boy, 5

Sounds like a mental health issue, or some kind of drug rage or something...

Beth Ann Straley

The babysitter, a 37-year-old woman, was able to wrest the gun away, according to the affidavit. Straley fled to another Lakeway home where she told the occupants she had planned to kill the boy because she thought he was the "antichrist," authorities said.

She also said she wanted to kill the boy's parents.

"If she would have come to the door, we would have opened it and let her in and it wouldn't have been a big deal because she's kind of spearheaded some of our alert systems for the neighborhood,"

Wow, scary stuff. Thank goodness for a brave babysitter.
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:

Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:

When she encountered their housekeeper in the foyer, Straley told her that she wanted to see the boy’s mother and when she learned she wasn’t there, she brandished a pistol, according to police.
    “She pulls a gun out and says, ‘I have this for her,’” Lakeway police chief Todd Radford said.
    The housekeeper interpreted that Straley wanted to give the gun to the mother and took it from her hand, Radford explained.
    “That [startled] the suspect, because now she’s been disarmed,” he said. “She screams and runs out of the house.”

Sorry, but that made me laugh!

Radford said Straley suffered a psychotic episode and that when she is released from the mental health facility, police will exercise a warrant for her arrest.
    “This particular incident was not a random act of violence,” he said. “She specifically went to their house to carry out what she believed to be her mission.”